• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Proshop GStar Eagle X & Firebird

Picked up a g* firebird today and it's flat enough for a comfy grip.

Is it just me or is anyone else unnerved when they look down and see the dome buldging where the forward fingers are placed?

I don't think Gstar is very durable. This may have been a freak thing, but my buddy nailed a tree with his brand new Gstar Destroyer and he put a crack in the rim.

seems pretty inconsistent

I have a first run roc 3 that is beat to crap after a few throws.

But I also have two teebirds in my bag without a scratch that have run into all sorts of trees.

The Gstar Firebird is overstable but definitely NOT a beefy meathook. It has way more glide than my champion Firebird (which is a beefy meathook) and took much longer to fight back a hard anhyzer. Wasn't very windy so I'm not sure how it handles the wind. Much more reminiscent of a Dx Firebird in flight than a Champion. I really like Dx Firebirds right out of the box but they get flippy fast and are never as overstable (in my experience) as their Champion counterparts. So hopefully this Gstar will last much longer and can take the place of my Dx Firebird.

I took my orange 175g for numerous throws yesterday. Metal first throw, ace run second (220 and 310 respectively). They are everything I wanted out of the box. That means they are perfect as is, but that also makes me concerned in case they season too quickly. Otherwise, awesomeness and immediately kicked the predators out of my bag. Long, straight flight that was very resistant to flipping or turning, solid fade without Ben abusive. Instant precision out of the box.

but can the gstarrr fb handle good headwinds like a fresh star one can?

They're AMAZING

Coming from someone who carries 5 firebirds in their bag, I've gotta say I love the Gstar. Right out of the box I noticed I noticed how flat it was, slightly more domey than an 11x. That with the added flexibility, provides a phenomenal grip. My max for backhand and forehand are both 400ft, and this disc can handle all of it but with more glide. Except to replace a firebird in your bag if you try one of these.

OH SHEEEEEET

sounds like the Banshee and cpd might be getting the boot? That'd be amazing. I'd roll with champ fb and gstar fb, call it good.

Snagged a yellow G-Star FB and am LOVING the look of it. Great stamp and marbling in the color.

The disc isn't quite as flat as my Champ FB but I'm looking for something a bit less 'meat-hooky' anyways.

Can't wait to give it a toss and see what it can do.

SOB i might have to pull the trigger on a gstarrr fb

LOL, I pulled the trigger on 2 of them earlier. Red and Orange. I carry 3 firebirds anyways (2star/1champ), may be pulling out my first ace firebird to put one of these bad boys in the bag.

I'm real interested in the firebirds if they fly like a nice c PD. Maybe then the g star pds will fly like a p line that doesn't beat in as quick.

I got mine earlier today. I threw an orange 175 one beside a 172 marked early star firebird. Almost identical flight, but the extra grip ROCKS for forehand. At the same weight the G* would have a tick more turn I think, but w/e. In the bag, already marked with name and number.

I got mine earlier today. I threw an orange 175 one beside a 172 marked early star firebird. Almost identical flight, but the extra grip ROCKS for forehand. At the same weight the G* would have a tick more turn I think, but w/e. In the bag, already marked with name and number.

damm dog im gunna have to try one out

Currently using a 175g champ and a 171g star for comparison, I should get a chance to throw my 175g gstar tomorrow and will report back.

Really curious about how the eagles fly. Also curious if all of them are super domey. My L's that are max weight have small domes but my light one has a megadome.

Considering getting some of these but want to hear some more before I commit to a purchase.

:( I've got a g* eagleX on the way and all this dome talk is making me nervous. Sounds like the FB is exactly what I'm looking for. I have g* orc and I love the feel, but no where near as floppy/soft as I expected.

Anyone get multiple eagles in different colors that can say if certain colors are more or less domey?

:( I've got a g* eagleX on the way and all this dome talk is making me nervous. Sounds like the FB is exactly what I'm looking for. I have g* orc and I love the feel, but no where near as floppy/soft as I expected.

Anyone get multiple eagles in different colors that can say if certain colors are more or less domey?

I don't have any X's yet but all my L's are similar across colors by weight. Max weight L's have a nice small dome to them, yellow and blue are identical in dimensions. I only have a 167 in blue and it looks similar to the domey X in this thread.

I am hopeful that it is a weight thing, and if it is I will try to avoid the dometastic weights.

I will say that all my L's seem to fly pretty similar regardless of dome.....I just HATE big domes.

Could the owner of the domey G*X tell us what weight it is?
Thanks

I wish the eagles were as nice sounding as the FB's turned out, guess I will stick with champs until I see the G*'s up close. I would get out my other firebirds and compare but no time tonight, they are packed in the car, which is broken down :/. Pics of the G*'s, orange and red:

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

Latest posts