• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

See your Baggin' Aces now, very nice David!

Edit: tell me that red post isn't the shorts...

Does fossil plastic take dye at all? Just wondering because I'm not comfortable throwing my white scales in the snow.

I've tried and the results weren't great.
It more stained instead of taking the dye.

Id suggest ribbon taped to the top and bottom. That seems to work real well for folks!

JCass,

Is there enough Scale stock laying around to do a club deal with said club's stamp? Dont know how many clubs hit up RDG but it would be pretty unique for us and the area to stock them. Perhaps Serps and Pteros/Raptors as well?

No dye for Fossil. However, Armor is GORGEOUS for dyeing! One of the best I've tried!

Big ups to RDG for a dyeable premium blend!

Armor Ptero:
s6yYOoQ.jpg

Last edited:
I would be okay with a crappy dye, I just don't want it to be pure white anymore. Just want the thing to not disappear immediately when I throw it.

Sharpie a design onto it. That's what I had Marmoset do with my white and unstamped Fossil Wizard.

Wow...killer job on these latest runs of Scales.
I got a pink Fossil (175g) and a seafoam Fossil Fuel (172g).
While I sadly havent been able to throw them yet, these feel and look great. The pink on the Fossil is eye-catchingly bright. It seriously pops. It got just a little flex with classic Fossil grip.
The seafoam is a bit firmer, same grip. Really preferring the Fossil Fuel lately, BTW. The seafoam is a great shade of green. Not bright, but you won't lose it either...doesn't blend in.

Can't wait to get out and throw these! My bagged Fossil "Rex" Scale was starting to get a little straight anyway...

Can't wait to get out and throw these! My bagged Fossil "Rex" Scale was starting to get a little straight anyway...

My Fossil Rex Stamp is quickly filling my Fossil Serpent slot. So dead straight for approaches, but still fights wind and is predictable for my putting style. It was my most used Scale because of the great stamp, and now, it's beating into a crazy straight flyer! First Fossil I've really beat in this far.

Like McDonalds, "I'm lovin' it!"

yeah that Rex run really beats in differently. I have a red chalk RFF from that run that I used during the winter that also seemed to beat in quicker but hold that sweet spot. That's why I akin Fossil to good KC Pro. Beats in quick but holds that perfect stability forever and a day.

So I got my hands on an Armor Flex Scale...and this thing is awesome. I've been bagging two Scales for awhile now...one with some gumminess to it like a Chalk RFF or a Tarpit, and then a Fossil or Fossil Fuel (I rotate a lot, as I like to keep my Scales fresh) and right now I'm running a Fossil Fuel Scale with an Armor X-Out. That X-Out is going on the bench and this Armor Flex is coming in!

Perfectly flat, gummy without being floppy, and durable as hell. This disc is going to be a winner. The weather turned sour on me today, but I will be out throwing this around tomorrow. I'll come back to let you all know how it flies compared to the arsenal of Scales I have in the garage of various plastics and weights.

So I got my hands on an Armor Flex Scale...and this thing is awesome. I've been bagging two Scales for awhile now...one with some gumminess to it like a Chalk RFF or a Tarpit, and then a Fossil or Fossil Fuel (I rotate a lot, as I like to keep my Scales fresh) and right now I'm running a Fossil Fuel Scale with an Armor X-Out. That X-Out is going on the bench and this Armor Flex is coming in!

Perfectly flat, gummy without being floppy, and durable as hell. This disc is going to be a winner. The weather turned sour on me today, but I will be out throwing this around tomorrow. I'll come back to let you all know how it flies compared to the arsenal of Scales I have in the garage of various plastics and weights.

I, too, have a vast collection of Scales and was greatly impressed with the Armor Flex! I didn't like ArmorFlex for the Raptor as it was a bit squishy for my tastes in a fairway driver. However, the Domey White Armor Scales have been my GO-TO driving putter for a long bit now! This ArmorFlex is even nicer! I wish I had ordered more. :(

Anyway, this was my review (from the main RDG thread) as they seem to plan to be restocking them in this plastic! Scale lovers, get this puppy for a resilient driving putter!

171g ArmorFlex Scale:
Much flatter than the White Armor Scales of which I've accrued quite a collection, shape is on par with the Red Armor run with the RDG typo stamp. Great feeling premium plastic - much like other runs of Armor, just a bit smoother. And they are not kidding when they say "Flex!" This thing can TACO! Personally, I love softer plastics, especially in these cold Michigan winters, and this is a very nice entry! The dimensions of the disc are identical to other Armor Scales (less the domey top) Slightly smoother rounding on the shoulders, puffier bead than Fossil, thumb track feels a little less pronounced. All my Armor Scales fly with a touch more overstability and substantially more glide and this Armor Flex is no exception. Stability on par with Fossil/Fuel, but a good bit more glide. Nothing like a Judge or Wiz, but noticeable. Very happy to get this run and hope to see more again soon.

More glide than the usual "glideless" Fossils, and such a nice hand-feel. This disc just wants to be held firmly and obey every touch's command. Glide to get some distance, but stubborn enough to settle where it lands. An absolutely perfect placement driving putter. I can't wait for another run to buy 4 more!

I am really sad I missed the ArmorFlex Scales. I hope more are coming.

As with any Gateway run... don't get too hopeful for more.
Dave kinda just runs them whenever he feels the urge. Just from this run alone (about 12 good discs) there were at least 20 x outs. Gateway just cannot get the premium plastic dialed in on a consistent basis.