• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Show off your DGCR Courses PLAYED and FAVORITES map. Unclick wishlist.

Filled in a few areas since my last post, most notably SoCal.

attachment.php

Attachments

• dgmap.jpg
    dgmap.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 337
1) Wildcat Bluff
2) Shaver Park (Waiting on the complete re-do)
3) Big Woods
4) Walnut Ridge (although 1-3, 7 and 12 pretty open)
5) Big Creek (Open on 8, 16, 17, 18)
6) Deerwood
7) Stable Run

Iowa has lots of open spaces. A number of good courses here are a mix of open and wooded. With maybe the exception of the first 2, there are open holes on most of these....

Next time you sneak across the IA/NE border you need to play Hummel. Less than a mile from the bluffs of the Missouri River, it is HEAVILY wooded. You'll feel like you teleported to somewhere other than Nebraska/Iowa.

Next time you sneak across the IA/NE border you need to play Hummel. Less than a mile from the bluffs of the Missouri River, it is HEAVILY wooded. You'll feel like you teleported to somewhere other than Nebraska/Iowa.

I was quite surprised by that course...incredibly fun, with some GREAT lines.

I was quite surprised by that course...incredibly fun, with some GREAT lines.

It's so good. Last time I was back in Omaha visiting family, I noticed they've started putting in concrete pads. Could be a great course with TLC -- 18 concrete pads, new baskets, regular weed whipping, etc. Even with the limited maintenance and infrastructure it's still one of my favorites.

Hoping to pass 300 courses and add a few more states this year. Health willing, creek don't rise, etc.

Done and done! Passed 300 and added NY, NH, VT, and ME to clear out the northeast states. There is some fun disc golf in that part of the country, so I hope we can travel there again before too long.

No more big trips planned this year, but I hope to expand the "blob". :D

picture.php

Done and done! Passed 300 and added NY, NH, VT, and ME to clear out the northeast states.
Nice map! And congratulations on completing all of New England! I envy all of the places that you've been.

How many states have you played now? And I'm curious, what is your current closest unplayed state? It appears that they are now getting much farther away for you to reach.

Bonus question: Which is closer to you... Prince Edward Island Canada or Iowa?

Nice map! And congratulations on completing all of New England! I envy all of the places that you've been.

Thanks! We should toss again some time, if there are any courses between MD and NC that you have not played. :p

How many states have you played now?

I am up to 40 states (41 if a temp course in DC counts). ;)

And I'm curious, what is your current closest unplayed state? It appears that they are now getting much farther away for you to reach.

Yes they are. Current closest unplayed US state looks like Iowa (West Lake Park is a 12-hour drive). But if I renew my passport, Firemen's Park in Ontario is only 6.5 hours away.

We are planning a trip to Colorado next year, and I hope to hit Iowa and a few other unplayed states along the way.

Bonus question: Which is closer to you... Prince Edward Island Canada or Iowa?

Haha. Hillcrest in PEI is 17+ hours driving, so at least 5 hours farther than Iowa.

But Hillcrest is only 6.5 hours from our friend's house in Maine . . . :D

yall need to click off the other colors so we can just see the courses played

did this work?

At 42 states, roadtrip planning for WY and NE in Sept (also get black hills on the way). Maybe a nice drive to FL Thanksgivingish? Idea for NV, UT, and AZ is to fly into Vegas and get those three. Just leaves the the hardest two...

Attachments

• 20220804coursesplayed.JPG
    20220804coursesplayed.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 56
Or maybe another roadtrip to the SW US, really would like to play the Fort and Solitude Mtn. after seeing them on film (I guess I mean the tubes). Also I met a dude in Spokane WA in 2020 who had recently played Moab and said he loved it. My little VW I had at the time couldn't have made it there but my new Outback just might?

Last edited:
Here's my map 125 courses in. Some hopeful plans for the next year to 18 months:

- Finish/catch up on the St. Louis and Quincy regions - just a final few courses I have yet to play.
- A second visit to Eagle's Crossing next month.
- A visit to see friends in Vermont that hopefully results in some new courses bagged (Smuggler's??).
- Weekend trip to either Peoria or Kansas City. Hopefully both.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).jpg
    Screenshot (4).jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 30
Here's my map 125 courses in. Some hopeful plans for the next year to 18 months:

- Finish/catch up on the St. Louis and Quincy regions - just a final few courses I have yet to play.
- A visit to see friends in Vermont that hopefully results in some new courses bagged (Smuggler's??).

Smuggs is can't miss

If you have time after playing Smuggs I found the Quarries to be pretty unique and very fun.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6781

Latest posts