• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Stable Teebirds

The Hammer

* Ace Member *
I throw Teebirds alot. I have been relying on 11x Champion Teebirds as my go to disc for a variety of shots. I love it's predicable long straight flight with a little fade at the end. They handle a lot of power, and mild headwinds incredibly well. My problem is that my stash of 11x Teebirds is dwindling. I came to this realization yesterday when some old bag at Fountain Hills threw one of my drivers in the lake after it skipped by her.

Is there any current, or at least cheaper runs of Teebirds that are close to mirroring a new 11x Champion Teebird? The new high domed TB's suck. They can't handle any kind of power. I'm not looking for another disc, so please don't recommend a PD or TL or something. I already have those. The PD's aren't as true in flight (touch of high speed turn, and stronger fade), and TL's don't handle the wind as well.

Any suggestions?

I'd have made the old bag go in the lake and retrieve it!! Other than that, the obvious answer is - and I'm not being facetious - is to get more 11xer's!!

I have to agree w/ Alin...there is not another disc on the market that matches a nicely seasoned 11x Champ T bird!

And as far as the "old bag", WTH was they thinking?

Tee Bird plus is very stable. So stable I'm thinking of taking my beat firebird out of my bag and using the teebird plus in its place.

Tee Bird plus is very stable. So stable I'm thinking of taking my beat firebird out of my bag and using the teebird plus in its place.

You must have got a fluke run or something. I mean there are pretty beef for a tee bird but still wouldn't consider it overstable. And maybe you could try to pick up an eagle X. Its a bit more stable than the tee bird with the same feel

You must have got a fluke run or something. I mean there are pretty beef for a tee bird but still wouldn't consider it overstable. And maybe you could try to pick up an eagle X. Its a bit more stable than the tee bird with the same feel

Don't Eagle X's have a bit of high speed turn? The Teebird's resistance to this is why I love them so much.

The PD's aren't as true in flight (touch of high speed turn, and stronger fade)
What plastic did you try? I ask because I throw teebirds and was about to try the PDs. We're in the same sinking boat :|

Yep. New, heavy DX Teebirds are great.

P.S. WTH with that old lady tossing your disc in the lake?

There are a lot of locals in Fountain Hills that hate that the course is there. She is probably one of those, and hates the golfers as well. It took every ounce of restraint in me to appologize for almost hitting her, rather than throwing her in the lake as well. Due to the politics involved, I figured my disc was already lost. I may as well try to smooth things over, rather than piss her off further and risk the course being pulled.

What plastic did you try? I ask because I throw teebirds and was about to try the PDs. We're in the same sinking boat :|

C-PD's. They are great discs, don't get me wrong. They just aren't a suitable replacement for a Teebird, IMO. To me, they resemble one of the opaque 11x Firebirds.

Last edited:
New FLat top Cal mold Glow Teebird Plus+

The plus mold is more stable ... and the cal glows have a nice flat top ...

Way more stable than my 12x Teebirds ...

Of course they only Come in CFR ... But still Cheaper than 11x ....

I've bought a small stack of dx Teebirds, they work great for my throw and fly for me the way you described.

I'd have made the old bag go in the lake and retrieve it!! Other than that, the obvious answer is - and I'm not being facetious - is to get more 11xer's!!

They are just hard to come by these days, and expensive as hell.

Good News! There are some good stable new run Champion TeeBirds out there. Stay away from the opaque plastic and anything domey. Look for stiff Champion plastic and make sure they are flat and max weight helps too. I have a couple of new ones that I am amazed with. I think they are a bit longer than my best 11x cals.

New FLat top Cal mold Glow Teebird Plus+

The plus mold is more stable ... and the cal glows have a nice flat top ...

Way more stable than my 12x Teebirds ...

Of course they only Come in CFR ... But still Cheaper than 11x ....

Co-signed! I had one and had the same experience. I lost it tho, and just bought a production teeb+. Not sure if it's got as much fade, need to throw it more

The + Teebirds appear to be more stable but it's only because they slip out of your grip easier and you get less spin with the plus rim so they get to the low speed fade portion of their flight sooner.

The glow champ plastic is slippery also which causes the same phenomenon.

YEa lot of people Shy-d away from the Plus molds ...
But i love them ...

My rocs+ and teebirds+ are more stable ...
and the plus mold reduces the Fluttering of the disc caused my my Form Flaws ..
Less flutter = True stability ..

Last edited:
YEa lot of people Shy-d away from the Plus molds ...
But i love them ...

My rocs+ and teebirds+ are more stable ...
and the plus mold reduces the Fluttering of the disc caused my my Form Flaws ..

You must have BIgHands.