• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Stable Teebirds

this is one of the reasons i sold all my teebirds, its just too hard and expensive to find the ones i like. ive recently thrown a few pd's and find they fit the role pretty well. i also like my heavy opto rivers.

Just stick to clear champ Teebirds of any kind. I switched to the PD way of thinking right as the Champ Teebirds were becoming opaque, or I probably would have been real pissed. The Star TBs from around '06-'07 were great, but since then they seem to be less HSS.

What's wierd is the newer opaque leopards are awesome and even more HSS than the opaque TeeBirds. The opaque leopards are also a much more durable champion plastic than the opaque TeeBirds.

I lost my favorite 11x last year. The only replacement I found was a Avenger "X". Not "Z" and definately not "SS". It will beat in very slowly and they are easy on the wallet

I grew up in Scottsdale and Fountain Hills is one of the most beautiful parks in the country. Just because the old lady doesn't like the park being there gives her NO RIGHT to throw your property into the lake. 11x T's go for around $50 you handled that with a lot more grace than I would have. Kudos

I would recommend an Echo Star Teebird. They have a similar flight path to what you are describing, especially if you can find one of the flatter ones.

Yeah, I would've apologized about the errant throw, and then told her she just threw $50 into a lake. Any city park that also contains a DG course is DUAL purpose. Youve got just as much right to play there as she does to sit by the lake. She did NOT have ANY right to throw your plastic/$ into the lake. I would've made a stink about it, as I'm sure tourneys bring more $ to the park than people who sit by the lake.

BTW, I replaced my TBs w/rivers. A GL for a beat TB, and an opto for a newer/stable TB. The rivers just fly better for me personally.

Just my .02

Unfortunately, nothing flies like a gummy champ flat top 11x bird.
That should be innova's next skunkworks/proshop endeavor.

I hate liking ANY oop discs, but that's just the way it is.

I'm afraid you'll just have to keep an eye out for nicer production champ Teebirds and/or rummage through any local retailers' or pond guys' inventory of used discs until you find what you're looking for.

You may not subscribe to this line of thinking but I'd probably just throw something else when I played Fountain Hills. Seems like there is an inordinately high risk of losing discs there and the holes are wide open so you could tee off with almost any stable/overstable driver and get the job done. You won't have to write your name/number on them either so next time you peg the old lady you can plead the 5th.

someone answer me this: how the hell is a PD like a teebird?

not. even. close.

I don't understand the comparison

I would've made a stink about it, as I'm sure tourneys bring more $ to the park than people who sit by the lake.

Disc golf is a bunch of people betting on themselves...Tournaments do not even create a blip of revenue for a park/city with the exception of the largest drawing events. The old lady on the other hand may have political or financial influence totally unseen. As many of us old schoolers know, sometimes it only takes one person to undo what many have helped build in terms of DG and many courses have been pulled due to this sort of thing(or other developments cancelled). The OP totally made the right move.

someone answer me this: how the hell is a PD like a teebird?

not. even. close.

I don't understand the comparison

I throw PDs in almost all the situations I used to throw TBs. They are not the same, but can achieve very similar lines with a bit of adjustment by the thrower.

Disc golf is a bunch of people betting on themselves...Tournaments do not even create a blip of revenue for a park/city with the exception of the largest drawing events. The old lady on the other hand may have political or financial influence totally unseen. As many of us old schoolers know, sometimes it only takes one person to undo what many have helped build in terms of DG and many courses have been pulled due to this sort of thing(or other developments cancelled). The OP totally made the right move.

Oh hell yes^
Huzzah, harumph and here, here!

I can't stand playing with people who believe it is their right to throw on people who don't even understand disc golf/don't move quick enough etc...

Don't get me wrong I am not implying this ^ about the OP, just the other dudes.

I like to play very quickly but I am not gonna jeopardize someone's well being, the course, and the ENTIRE sport just so I can throw quicker.

Don't be an a-hole.
Preserve the courses that , seemingly unbeknownst to you, were often very hard to get approved/funded/built.
AND: are equally hard to keep in place...largely due to incidents involving people like YOU.

I like to talk a big game about throwing in on pedestrians... but when it comes down to it, I just skip the hole and come back around if I'm dead set on carding the full 18

Some days they'd be be safer if I did aim at them...

On topic, i might have to try one of these PDs, sounds like a champ starfire. Similar but a little slower?

I like to talk a big game about throwing in on pedestrians... but when it comes down to it, I just skip the hole and come back around if I'm dead set on carding the full 18

Some days they'd be be safer if I did aim at them...

On topic, i might have to try one of these PDs, sounds like a champ starfire. Similar but a little slower?

I would say more like a max weight champ orc.

Latest posts