• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Stable Teebirds

C-PD's. They are great discs, don't get me wrong. They just aren't a suitable replacement for a Teebird, IMO. To me, they resemble one of the opaque 11x Firebirds.

C-lines are a totally different animal and are indeed firebird-ey
Try the s or even p models and you will know why these are compared with stable and seasoned tbirds

Ya, that makes sense. I should have prefaced it, 'seasoned' champ starfire.

The PD is a lot more predictable than an Orc (in the wind in particular) and more workable than a Starfire. It powers down a lot better than either of those discs though because it has a smaller wing.

who has thrown the TB+
is it more stable?

Discspeed does Clearwater have any TB+'s around 168-170?

I'm not looking for another disc, so please don't recommend a PD or TL or something. I already have those. The PD's aren't as true in flight (touch of high speed turn, and stronger fade), and TL's don't handle the wind as well.

Come on guys he said please.

Just stick to clear champ Teebirds of any kind. I switched to the PD way of thinking right as the Champ Teebirds were becoming opaque, or I probably would have been real pissed. The Star TBs from around '06-'07 were great, but since then they seem to be less HSS.

I love my star teebird. It has plenty of stability. Not sure how old it is. Maybe I got lucky.

Come on guys he said please.

Threads do not exist SOLELY for the benefit of the OP. Do you really want someone to start a new thread every time they have a quick question in the midst of a related discussion?

who has thrown the TB+
is it more stable?

Discspeed does Clearwater have any TB+'s around 168-170?

I think the TB+ is about as stable as older champion Teebirds, which is indeed more stable than the opaque champs.

I'm not sure about ours at CDGS...I'll get back to you on that. PM me in case I forget.

My glow teebird + is much more stable than my regular teebird+ which in turn is more stable than my champ teebird, while that is more stable than my star teebird.

My glow teebird + is much more stable than my regular teebird+ which in turn is more stable than my champ teebird, while that is more stable than my star teebird.
^^^ Good info thanks ^^^

Just jumped on the teebird bandwagon last year. Still learning them but realize that I should have started with this mold long ago. So my bag has a Champ TB, a Champ TB+ both only have one season of throwing,(trying to decide which I like better) and a star TL that I have thrown for several years and feels pretty good to me. Also have a Star Leopard.

Here is my question. I am fully buying into the TB / Leo combo setup but was wondering, if I get a star or echo star TB will this eventually overlap with my TL? Or should I just stick with my TB /TL /Leo?

^^^ Good info thanks ^^^

Just jumped on the teebird bandwagon last year. Still learning them but realize that I should have started with this mold long ago. So my bag has a Champ TB, a Champ TB+ both only have one season of throwing,(trying to decide which I like better) and a star TL that I have thrown for several years and feels pretty good to me. Also have a Star Leopard.

Here is my question. I am fully buying into the TB / Leo combo setup but was wondering, if I get a star or echo star TB will this eventually overlap with my TL? Or should I just stick with my TB /TL /Leo?

I cant quote on the echo star but if your star tb and star tl get used about equally your tb will lose its fade but stay retty straight and the tl with get more turn in it.

We also got champ tl+ in the shop and im so tempted to see where those fit in.

I cant quote on the echo star but if your star tb and star tl get used about equally your tb will lose its fade but stay retty straight and the tl with get more turn in it.

We also got champ tl+ in the shop and im so tempted to see where those fit in.

Cool Thanks,
Any one know if the echo star breaks in faster / better /more??

Don't Eagle X's have a bit of high speed turn? The Teebird's resistance to this is why I love them so much.

I agree the eagle x will flip/turn over at higher speeds than the teebird, just learn to take a little bit off of it and it should suffice, but if you want that eleven time feel you're gonna have to start paying the extra cash for the eleven times........

The echo that I had broke in pretty fast. I threw mine for a month and it went from over stable to straight.

OP, the flatter star teebirds might just be what you're looking for. They are the closest to 11x TB flight that I have found.

For the most part I buy the heaviest new star teebird I can find and then throw it very rarely if I want it to keep its High Speed Stability for a while. I exaggerate the hyzer on my other teebirds to get the same effect. I have other star teebirds that are in different stages of beat in but when they get too flippy I just take them out since they overlap with my stable leopards. Since I live in NC and most of the courses I play are wooded I use my teebirds a ton so they beat in very quickly. But I am staunchly against paying $50 for new plastic everytime I lose or break a disc so I understand your pain. Far as the PD goes they are a speed 10 compared to a speed 7 so the control over a PD is far less than a teebird. Nothing is ever going to fly the same for you as an 11 time kc and the quicker you make the change to something else the less painful its gonna be :(