• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

*The Definitive DG Bag Modding Thread*

has anyone tried spraying Plasti_Dip on the bottom of their bags?

Honestly, I think it depends on the quality of the bag material. I used the spray on the bottom of a Lightming Discs bag and it worked great. But if you start getting into the higher-quality bags made with better cordura or ballistic material meant to resist stains and weather, the spray-on may not take as well. Never tested it on a Revo or my Crunch Box (the feet on it do enough for me) though. Maybe someone else can give you experiences with better bags.

Never tested it on a Revo or my Crunch Box (the feet on it do enough for me) though. Maybe someone else can give you experiences with better bags.

I can confirm that it works great on the CrunchBox, applied over the feet and everything.

Here's a pic of my home-made straps. Just finished last night, will do more work on them soon.

The backpack straps were already joined at the shoulder, so that helped a lot. I just added a couple loops to thread the paracord through, which I then looped to hook to the carabiners I already had in place for the handle. On the ends of the straps, I cut a small hole in each (and sewed it to prevent ripping/fraying), which I then just tied to the other 2 points.

Now that it works and is comfortable, I'm just gonna make a couple minor changes. I need to pick up a couple more carabiners instead of tying the straps, and I'll weave some paracord to replace the two strands (similar to how the handle is). I'm not worried about strength since each cord can hold like 500 pounds, I just want it to look a little nicer.

Attachments

• IMG_20120126_124829.jpg
    IMG_20120126_124829.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 378
Here's a pic of my home-made straps. Just finished last night, will do more work on them soon.

The backpack straps were already joined at the shoulder, so that helped a lot. I just added a couple loops to thread the paracord through, which I then looped to hook to the carabiners I already had in place for the handle. On the ends of the straps, I cut a small hole in each (and sewed it to prevent ripping/fraying), which I then just tied to the other 2 points.

Now that it works and is comfortable, I'm just gonna make a couple minor changes. I need to pick up a couple more carabiners instead of tying the straps, and I'll weave some paracord to replace the two strands (similar to how the handle is). I'm not worried about strength since each cord can hold like 500 pounds, I just want it to look a little nicer.

It would be really cool if you braided, or whatever you call it, the paracord for the straps instead of just a single strand. :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

It would be really cool if you braided, or whatever you call it, the paracord for the straps instead of just a single strand. :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Yeah, I definitely will do that. It looks a lot nicer, and with the added stiffness it will prevent the cords from getting caught on anything.

Going for a game on Sunday, so I'll get to see just how well this works then.

I'm a shoulder strap carrier.

I can't do backpack style, not comfortable for me.

But shoulder strap only, sometimes I don't want to do that either. So I came up with a way that I can carry my bag comfortably with a shoulder strap for long walks and a way to move my bag on short moves as well.

The strap is a runner (a climbing sling) covered by a clear piece of tubing and two stainless steel quick links. The Runner is just long enough to sit on top of the discs and not prevent me from taking a disc out and not too long when I pick up the bag by the "handle" I have not seen anyone else that does this but I have turned many people onto it that have seen it and are shoulder strap carriers.

It works well with all kinds of bags as I have gone through many and have settled on a Innova Deluxe. I carry around 17 or so discs depending on the course and where I am at with discs.

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 226
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
If you have a really new bag, or its made of super-tight weave, lightly sand the areas you're going to plasti-coat with a medium grit or finer sandpaper. It "fuzzes" the fabric, and the plasti-coat literally impregnates itself into the fabric, and resists peel-off.

Some additions to your bag that aren't really mods:
Slingshot and a few golf balls-this is how to get your disc out of a tree without climbing it, cutting a long branch or throwing and wedging another disc.
Twig pruners-I use these a lot for the insane Asian blackberry bushes in OR that have entrapped my discs. Clip 'em and use a stick to beat them down.
River socks-neoprene or mesh-sided, these are thin soled slip-ons for wading in after your discs.

Updated the straps I made. I wove the paracord so it'd look nicer, which also made them stiffer. Now they won't get caught up on the bag either. Also added new carabiners.

I took it out Sunday, and it worked great. Very comfortable, especially since it was sized specifically for me. A friend tried it on and said it felt better than his DGA straps. With it working this well, I may not even bother buying a different set.

Next I'm gonna add a pencil pocket to one of the shoulder straps. I've got one of Marshall Street's reusable scorecards on a retractable keyring hooked to one of the straps already.

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 288
Something I added to the inside of my Revo Carolina Team Bag. Pulled it out of an old backpack
IMAG0096.jpg

Nice! That is one of the few things that made me choose a Voodoo bag over the Revo. Now shore up the bottle-strap-thingie and you have a real bag! :thmbup: :hfive:

Has anyone found the other colors of plastic dip any where. I would like to find the blue dip.

As for the bladder adding, I have mentioned the arsenal back straps for toolbeltz that have a 1l bladder hooked to theback. $39 iirc on Amazon.

Anyone either build a frame, or add in different dividers for their crunch box? That ****ing soft divider thing isn't doing the trick for me. Ideas welcomed!

I also have a crunch box, and I like having the discs facing front to back. I decided I wanted to put together a frame for my Innova competition bag to align the discs the same way. This leaves plenty of room on the side to hold a jacket, etc. It balances the weight if I keep my keys/wallet/snacks on the left side.

The left side pipe is 7" long. The rest have to be custom cut, but after some trial and error, I got things to fit just right. The side where the discs sit, the pipes are about 5.25" apart which supports the discs flush with the bottom of the bag, but keeps them from rocking sideways. All the materials I got from Lowe's. I needed 8 T-fittings, 10 elbows, and some 1/2" schedule 40 PVC.

I may remove the divider that I put in to hold the putters in the front half. Right now it holds 8 mids/drivers, 2 putters, and the front putter pocket can hold a few more discs. Removing the divider would allow 2-3 more discs to fit.

Attachments

• frame1.jpg
    frame1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 167
  • frame3.jpg
    frame3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 192
  • frame4.jpg
    frame4.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Anyone either build a frame, or add in different dividers for their crunch box? That ****ing soft divider thing isn't doing the trick for me. Ideas welcomed!

I wanted something too, so I grabbed a little plastic bin from target to stick in there, cut off the lip, and it fits perfectly. It's very rigid and it lets me hold less discs with out worrying about it collapsing in me.

Just went through this real quick, and I didn't see any of this so here goes-

I built a small, easy one for my Crunch Box, I'll take some pictures when I get home. It fit 13 discs side-by-side, but stretched the putter pocket so only one was getting in there.

I added a frame this weekend. Nothing major, just something I threw together with some stuff I had laying around. The sides and dividers are made from some leftover laminate flooring, and the dowels go right through the dividers so that I can make adjustments as I get more discs. The only thing I plan on changing anytime soon is removing the duct tape holding the dividers in place, and use some binder clips instead.

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 187
Here is the frame I put in my Crunch Box (that has now been sold). It worked really well for me.

Attachments

• DSCN0105.jpg
    DSCN0105.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 279

Latest posts