• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

DGCR members should start a line of discs that are bbq themed. Has anyone thought of this idea?

Start spit-balling disc names.

DGCR members should start a line of discs that are bbq themed. Has anyone thought of this idea?

Start spit-balling disc names.

I have dibs on the "pork butt".

Also, I'm coining "secret sauce" first too.

Smoke Ring
Slaw (mini)

Different styles for plastic names

"Yeah I've got a Texas Brisket, a Carolina Pork Butt, and a Memphis Full Rack all bagged."

"Every Carolina Pork Butt you buy comes with a side of Slaw."

Last edited:
Ah, man, I'm hungry, now.

Driving a friend to the airport soon. Might just stop on the way home and pick up some BBQ....

Just spitballing here - Sauces as plastic types.

The Pork Rib (beefy approach disc) in Dry Rub (gritty base plastic)
The Brisket (straight stable fairway) in Carolina Vinegar (candy plastic)
The Lamb Shank (glidey distance driver ) in Memphis Molasses (opaque taffy plastic)

I'd be happy to put my name to a signature series St. Louis Style "pork steaks" disc.

For non-natives: pork steaks are a St. Louis thing, gnarly fatty slabs from the shoulder BBQed for an excessively long time in a vinegary-red Memphis-style sauce (like some original flavor Maull's) that's been bolstered with some brown sugar and beer.

I would definitely throw a disc called the Brisket. And ideally it would be a P&A type disc that I could use to run aggressive bids in high consequence areas. I would call it my Risk-it Brisket.

Dyeing discs with lotion imparts a permanent cocoa butter scent. That Brisket disc it must be front loaded with aroma.