• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

The rumors were basically true. 10/10, $1 million buyout. A "six-figure" signing bonus. Simon Line coming.

https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2023...contract-how-it-came-together-and-whats-next/

Actually the amount stated is seven figures a year. Yes, that could be $1,000,000. But it also could be more than that each year.

And the buyout is really interesting to me.....seems to show how much he really wanted to leave DM and how much MVP really wanted him. The article said Simon was signed with DM until 2026.

Stability, mostly. The R2 blend gives it a bit more stability, just a touch. Additionally, it's a different feel. I don't know how to describe it, but gripping a putter the size of a Spin has some mental component that changes when the plastic is premium vs. baseline for me. I had the same sense of confidence throwing the Proton Spin before it was phased out as I do throwing the R2 Spin.

Which is not to say the difference is that vast. It's not. It's slight, and for me, there's the additional mental confidence of the premium plastic in hand vs. baseline.
Which MVP plastic is the closest to a baseline plastic like Dynamic Discs' Prime plastic?

I'm very curious - I've been wanting to move to a more locally produced putter for the past year-plus, and get off my Prime Deputies for something from MVP or Discraft. I was leaning toward the Fierce, but they're a pain in the ass to get in non-premium-priced Pierce branded stuff. I want something I can grab a whole stack of for less than premium prices.

Which MVP plastic is the closest to a baseline plastic like Dynamic Discs' Prime plastic?

I'm very curious - I've been wanting to move to a more locally produced putter for the past year-plus, and get off my Prime Deputies for something from MVP or Discraft. I was leaning toward the Fierce, but they're a pain in the ass to get in non-premium-priced Pierce branded stuff. I want something I can grab a whole stack of for less than premium prices.

Electron

I putt with MVP electron Anode putters. It will probably be the closest match to your Deputies.

Actually the amount stated is seven figures a year. Yes, that could be $1,000,000. But it also could be more than that each year.

And the buyout is really interesting to me.....seems to show how much he really wanted to leave DM and how much MVP really wanted him. The article said Simon was signed with DM until 2026.
You can have seven figures with 2 digits to the right of the decimal point. ;)

His official/previously known contract was to expire 2023, but according to Charlie on the Upshot they signed an extension in 2022 (I believe it was during spring or early summer) where the 1 mil buy-out was introduced.

I putt with MVP electron Anode putters. It will probably be the closest match to your Deputies.
So I generally like the Infinite Discs cross-company ratings system. Would you say their ratings in this case are way off?

Their ratings:

Deputy: 3 / 4 / -1.4 / 0

Anode: 3 / 3.1 / 0 / 0.4
Spin: 3 / 4 / -1.7 / 0

In terms of physical profile all three are very similar, with both the Anode and Spin being just a touch smaller diameter, the Anode being slightly taller and Spin slightly shorter, and the Anode having the same rim depth as the Deputy.

All told the two most important characteristics for me are the glide and the low speed fade, which is where the Spin and Deputy are most similar on this rating scale. This wouldn't be a throwing putter, it would be a putting putter. So being able to have more glide at the same speed and having less fade when at the low speeds that putting happens at means I don't want to transition to the Anode if the Infinite Discs numbers are accurate.

So I generally like the Infinite Discs cross-company ratings system. Would you say their ratings in this case are way off?

Their ratings:

Deputy: 3 / 4 / -1.4 / 0

Anode: 3 / 3.1 / 0 / 0.4
Spin: 3 / 4 / -1.7 / 0

In terms of physical profile all three are very similar, with both the Anode and Spin being just a touch smaller diameter, the Anode being slightly taller and Spin slightly shorter, and the Anode having the same rim depth as the Deputy.

All told the two most important characteristics for me are the glide and the low speed fade, which is where the Spin and Deputy are most similar on this rating scale. This wouldn't be a throwing putter, it would be a putting putter. So being able to have more glide at the same speed and having less fade when at the low speeds that putting happens at means I don't want to transition to the Anode if the Infinite Discs numbers are accurate.

I think anodes glide comparable to really any other putter I've thrown. I'd have given my electrons 3/4/0/0. Maybe 3/4/-.5/0

Would never had guessed that…a world champ and not on the elite team..
And I thought something was of between Paige and Paige

Even if there was it wouldn't make any difference. Players don't have to like the other players sponsored by the same company. (see Paul and Brodie for example)

Latest posts