[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Agree with most of comments about how great the plain jane DX Rancho is. The beef does wear out fairly quickly but most do stay in the middle stability range for a long time. I alternate between keeping a freshie in or a Z Wasp for the OS bookend. On the opposite end, thrashed DX Ranchos are so dang great for lower power spinny straight shows as well as the elusive late turning shot.

Agreed, I far prefer DX to KC because of how slick KC is. I actually also like that they break in quicker too. I've been using the same DX Roc regularly for about 6 months now and it still has a lot of life.

I did pick up a 20yr San Marino star Roc a while back for cheap in an auction and the flight is like a slightly more stable KC pro (more LSS). I know the sannys are less desirable generally, so they can be found for relatively cheap.
I have 3 San Marino Rocs. I always liked the grip of those. For me it they were a point and shoot mid for me. Straight with little fade.

I'm going to start bagging a few Rocs and see how it goes. I have a trip coming up on Monday and decided to throw a DX and DX Glow in the bag. I've never clicked with KCpro, mostly due to the slickness but I ordered 2 more DX Rocs since I decided to try this. One is softer than KC but just as slick (purple). The other (pink) is better feeling. I'll report back after some throws.

I'm going to stick with the Rocs i think. Not cycling them or anything. The older DX Roc I tossed all over Iowa was pretty money. I bagged a DX Glow? one too but didn't throw it much. Gonna Kevdiv it probably and bookend it with a Z Wasp on the OS side. The Uplink kicked the Comet out for US stuff. Pretty happy with this for now.

I'm going to stick with the Rocs i think. Not cycling them or anything. The older DX Roc I tossed all over Iowa was pretty money. I bagged a DX Glow? one too but didn't throw it much. Gonna Kevdiv it probably and bookend it with a Z Wasp on the OS side. The Uplink kicked the Comet out for US stuff. Pretty happy with this for now.
As I've been playing around with mids more and experimenting with Roc set ups, I think I'm leaning toward something like this as well. From most to least: Wasp – fresh DX Roc/Roc3 – beat up DX Roc – something more US

Rocs are great and I'm glad I spent the time to learn them because. But I don't think using only the one mold is for me.

My dream-

A roc - standard mold but in discraft rubber blend plastic!

A cross over for the ages!

I used to carry like 5-6 Rocs. Now I'm down to one decently stable Glow Roc3, a PFN KC Roc and a low 170's PFN Star Coyote.

The KC flies the most of the bunch.

Looks like Infinite has some of the new stamp DX Rocs up. The Roc bird is iconic and I'm sad to see it go. Might have to scoop up a bunch of DX Rocs with the "old" stamp soon.
I'm not a fan of the recent Innova graphics changes. that doesn't leave much of the OG artwork left, maybe only Classic Aviar?

Just for the record:
Rocs are no myth. I've seen them.
Hell, I've even thrown a few.

I'm not a fan of the recent Innova graphics changes. that doesn't leave much of the OG artwork left, maybe only Classic Aviar?
Looks like the Gator hasn't seen a make over yet. I'm sure there are a handful of random molds that haven't shifted yet, at least for DX plastic. I think the Gator still has the old art. Not sure how many of the star discs have gotten the new look.

It's funny, I like the rebranding, I really like the new champion template, and I love the new plastic from the last few runs, but I'm not a fan of the more cartoony-stylized art on the DX, Star, and Gstar molds. I try not to obsess over it too much; I'll still buy a disc because it's the right weight and feel, but part of the fun of this hobby is finding fun stamp, color, and plastic color combos. The Roc art is just so iconic, it's hard to see that one change.

I've also been playing since 2012, and I feel like the old guy yelling about "back in my day, we had 3 plastics, 4 manufacturers, and our discs didn't look like jackson pallock paintings". So that's definitely part of it too.

Got out for a quick round today despite Sunday afternoons usually being busy and got some good throws in with my DX Rocs. I passed a group on a long straight to slightly right ending hole. When I passed, they asked what I threw to get such a buttery smooth line. I was stoked that A. I'm learning my Rocs well enough to throw good shots with them and B. (more importantly) I threw a good shot in front of a group. I now get how a broken in Roc flight can't be truly replicated.

It's got Ontario tooling. Ontario rocs were less stable than rancho or san marinos.

Paging three putt...

Crazy that the phone # is only 7 digits. How old is that ink?

It's got Ontario tooling. Ontario rocs were less stable than rancho or san marinos.

Paging three putt...

Crazy that the phone # is only 7 digits. How old is that ink?
the 7 digit move is either super old or super rural

the stamp is beautiful and plastic it has some loose swirl in it but the ink just makes it look awful and bled to the front

it was a pias find tbh

the 7 digit move is either super old or super rural

the stamp is beautiful and plastic it has some loose swirl in it but the ink just makes it look awful and bled to the front

it was a pias find tbh
Sell it to me? I need an old stiff Ontario thrower again.

Just wiped the dust off my 2009 20th Anniversary Star Roc. Haven't thrown it in years. Anyone have any thoughts on that run? It's inked and thrown. But I haven't used it in so long. I'm about to rediscover it.

Just wiped the dust off my 2009 20th Anniversary Star Roc. Haven't thrown it in years. Anyone have any thoughts on that run? It's inked and thrown. But I haven't used it in so long. I'm about to rediscover it.
More fade at end then I remembered. This San Marino Star is 15 year old gem. Just scored a like new DX Glow Roc at PIAG for $4.99
Life is good, Roc on.

I've been thinking of playing a new small bag all summer for fun and a bit of a mental reset, Roc being the staple since I always throw the Buzzz.

I recall seeing some newer (past 5ish years?) DX Rocs and Roc3s with "plus" like rims, can anyone confirm or deny recent runs being more vertical on the inside rim as they should be?

Latest posts