• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thievery

harr0140

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I cant believe this happened to me today. I threw an extra drive on the downhill 16th at Village park in sussex WI because I wanted to see how a 150 Destroyer would fly. I never throw it because I figure it is too light, but I wanted to see, so I threw it after my regluar drice, and I putted out like normal walked away and forgot the Destroyer sitting there about 50' from the basket. I went and played #17 and #18 and realized it on #18 it wasnt in my bag. I know there was a guy 1 - 1.5 holes behind me because I played through him on the first tee (even exchanged pleasantries but he wanted to warm up before throwing, so I went ahead) and I had just seen him on the 15tee when I was walking towards #17 from the area I left the destroyer. SO I finish and I walk up over the hill to see if I see him heading to #17, nope, not on #17 or #18 so I walk back down towards 16 basket which is a long hike from #17 but wide open, and no dude and no disc. I asked two guys playing up 1 if they saw a disc or a guy when they played one and they said he was headed back to the parking lot. SO the douche played 16 holes, found one of my discs and rather than finish his round he decided to keep a 150 dx destroyer . . . rather than let me know I had forgotten it by the basket. It was clear it was mine and he was seriously only a few hundred feet away from me when he found it. What a dip**** . . . it has my name and # on it so we will see if he calls but I assume he isnt going to. That irritates me to know end especially because I always had been good about returning phone calls of people who have their #'s on discs. It makes me want to just keep every disc I find . . . but I won't cause I am not a douche!

I had a similar experience last summer. A group of friends and I (maybe 5 or 6 guys) were playing at White Clay in DE and there was a twosome behind us. One of my buddies had left two discs sitting on the last tee pad and didn't realize it until we got to the next tee. He is wondering were he left them when these two guys walk up. We tell them to play through and they start to do so. Then my buddy in the off chance that they saw the discs asks about them. One of the two says oh yeah I picked those up and handed them over. He was just going to allow us to let him and his buddy play through even though he knew that he had my friend's discs. Not quite as bad as your scenario but still pretty bad.

How about jerk kids that look through your bag while you're looking in the water for a disc, take 2, then you track them down and get 1 back, but the other jerk already ran off with your premium plastic DISC!

i left a marley size j at the basketball court once cause i took it out of my pocket to practice shooting, so when i get home and go to spark it up i realized i left it at the court. So when i drove back there it was gone , now there was nobody playing when i left and nobody when i got there.

Did i expect it to still be there , yeah. But when it wasnt was i surprised, no. Sure i was a little pissed but not at the guy who took it , would i have hung around hell no i would have gone somewhere and sparked it. My point is you left it there and you shouldnt be surprised someone took it, we all know theres a good chance if we live something itll disappear. Should we be more mad at them or ourselves?

Ive left disc before and sometimes theyre there sometimes their not but it was always my fault.

I did something similar last year...left my tie-dyed Champ Sidewinder by the basket after holing out with another disc, got up a few holes and realized I'd left it, ran back to the hole where a group of kids were walking to the subsequent hole...I ran back to where I left it, saw it wasn't there, chased down the kids and described it to them and asked if they'd seen it...they all said no (stifling obvious chuckles) while one kid blatantly moves his bag hung on his shoulder to behind his back--I'm assuming it was in there, since he really didnt' want me to see inside. They all kind of gathered around each other like I was going to accuse them and looked prepared to jump at a moment's notice, and one of them even looked up to the hole I had been on (where I'd left my full bag to sprint over to my lost disc), like he was actually pondering grabbing the entire unattended bag!

Hypothesis: Douchebags exist.
Test Conducted: See above.
Scientific Conclusion: Douchebags exist.

I did something similar last year...left my tie-dyed Champ Sidewinder by the basket after holing out with another disc, got up a few holes and realized I'd left it, ran back to the hole where a group of kids were walking to the subsequent hole...I ran back to where I left it, saw it wasn't there, chased down the kids and described it to them and asked if they'd seen it...they all said no (stifling obvious chuckles) while one kid blatantly moves his bag hung on his shoulder to behind his back--I'm assuming it was in there, since he really didnt' want me to see inside. They all kind of gathered around each other like I was going to accuse them and looked prepared to jump at a moment's notice, and one of them even looked up to the hole I had been on (where I'd left my full bag to sprint over to my lost disc), like he was actually pondering grabbing the entire unattended bag!

Hypothesis: Douchebags exist.
Test Conducted: See above.
Scientific Conclusion: Douchebags exist.

haha....ahhhh science :D

i left a marley size j at the basketball court once cause i took it out of my pocket to practice shooting, so when i get home and go to spark it up i realized i left it at the court. So when i drove back there it was gone , now there was nobody playing when i left and nobody when i got there.

Did i expect it to still be there , yeah. But when it wasnt was i surprised, no. Sure i was a little pissed but not at the guy who took it , would i have hung around hell no i would have gone somewhere and sparked it. My point is you left it there and you shouldnt be surprised someone took it, we all know theres a good chance if we live something itll disappear. Should we be more mad at them or ourselves?

Ive left disc before and sometimes theyre there sometimes their not but it was always my fault.

Just sharpie your name and number on the j next time. ;)

WOW! 16 at Sussex? Some punk stole my champ boss on that exact hole this summer. I took my little brother out to the course to show him how to play. I wanted to show off in front of him, so i ripped a sidearm and it traveled out past the trees to the left before fading right behind them and in front of the pond. I could see where it hit the ground from the tee, there was a gap in the trees. There was a group of 3 teenage kids who had just finished the hole and were walking up to 17. One of them with a hat and shades on doubled back towards the trees while I helped my brother with his second throw. When i got to where my disc landed, it had disappeared and i saw the kids sprinting towards the parking lot. I chased them down, but they wouldn't admit to taking anything. My little brother was still with me, and I didn't want to cause any problems while he was around so I let them go. Weird how we both got screwed on the same hole.

How about jerk kids that look through your bag while you're looking in the water for a disc, take 2, then you track them down and get 1 back, but the other jerk already ran off with your premium plastic DISC!

I carry a gun in my bag. NO joke.

Some of you guys didn't see, with your own eyes, these guys taking your property, yet you are 100% sure they stole it? When you convince yourself of someone elses guilt, you will see things the way you want to see them. I've lost discs before, it happens. I've seen shady stuff happen too, so I'm not fully discounting that possibility.

But, I wouldn't be so quick to act as judge and jury. Honestly, I have seen people lose discs in wide open fields. I lost a disc, by myself on a course, on a 350 foot tunnel shot hole, that I thought I had parked. I threw a hyzer flip, it flipped up and ran, faded a couple of feet right and settled right near the basket. I walked up and could not find the disc to save my life. I looked for an hour, an hour......
Sometimes, there is no explanation.

There is no other option for what happened, noone else was in the area, the two guys I asked I saw were only carrying 1 disc each and neither of them were orange. The guy just diappeared in the 5 minutes it took for me to play 17 and 18 and he was about 1.5 holes behind me, so instead he skipped the last two holes and went to his car.

As for your lost disc, the guy who took mine today must have been waiting by your basket, and he ran off laughing!!!

Just cause your name is jesus doesnt mean you are correct! Why are you defending scum? I know sure, do I have 100% proof no, but I have a circumstance I am sure of what happened. There was no dog in the park running away with an orange disc and noone else in the vicinity except the two guys plying #2, so I guarantee it is what happened.

I play Disc Golf and coach track so I can be an expert witness since the guy was running on the disc golf course.

I find him guilty of 2 counts of douche-baggery

1 for the disc theft and 1 for not completing the course because of the theft.