• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thievery

I asked the guy at PIA how much they buy discs for and it sounds like no more than a couple bucks.

I am making an assumption that the name that ended up over mine was the guy that took it, but I would assume he labeled it and then decided the 150 destroyer wasnt worth keeping and so he took it in and got $2 for it. It probably cost him as much in fuel to get to Play It Again!

thats what i was thinking, ive never sold discs there but ive sold my weight set when i moved and i got barely anything..... doesnt really sound worth it for this guy. i would be in a tough spot about what to do with the new # on it.... for me a would need to sleep on it a couple nights to calm myself. keep us updated.

call him at 4:00 in the morning " i found your disc dude i want 50 million are the destroyer gets it"!

two or three of those should even it out , just have fun with it lifes to short.

Or I could give his number to 100 people and have them all call once and tell him they found his disc. One every day for 100 days . . . that way it isnt harrasing until they find out I have posted this thought on the internet.

Yes, Tosa has about 25K people :)

This also happened to me at Token Creek in Madison, WI a few months back. Left it right there in the open with my name and number. Some douche picked it up within the 10 min. it was there. I'll never see that again...

I'd call him and try to meet up. You might be able to get an address from the phone number on the web. I'd try to get his picture and post it at your local courses with DOUCHEBAG stamped over it and the explanation.

I cant believe this happened to me today. I threw an extra drive on the downhill 16th at Village park in sussex WI because I wanted to see how a 150 Destroyer would fly. I never throw it because I figure it is too light, but I wanted to see, so I threw it after my regluar drice, and I putted out like normal walked away and forgot the Destroyer sitting there about 50' from the basket. I went and played #17 and #18 and realized it on #18 it wasnt in my bag. I know there was a guy 1 - 1.5 holes behind me because I played through him on the first tee (even exchanged pleasantries but he wanted to warm up before throwing, so I went ahead) and I had just seen him on the 15tee when I was walking towards #17 from the area I left the destroyer. SO I finish and I walk up over the hill to see if I see him heading to #17, nope, not on #17 or #18 so I walk back down towards 16 basket which is a long hike from #17 but wide open, and no dude and no disc. I asked two guys playing up 1 if they saw a disc or a guy when they played one and they said he was headed back to the parking lot. SO the douche played 16 holes, found one of my discs and rather than finish his round he decided to keep a 150 dx destroyer . . . rather than let me know I had forgotten it by the basket. It was clear it was mine and he was seriously only a few hundred feet away from me when he found it. What a dip**** . . . it has my name and # on it so we will see if he calls but I assume he isnt going to. That irritates me to know end especially because I always had been good about returning phone calls of people who have their #'s on discs. It makes me want to just keep every disc I find . . . but I won't cause I am not a douche!
I had an opposite experience. I'm doing field work when some guy shows up and starts throwing across my lines, getting his discs about 100' from where mine are landing. I was like, WTF bruh, and kept throwing. He left, and b/c I'm divorced and can spend 4 hours in a field if I want, I did. I noticed a couple of different colored discs than mine. He left two discs, had his name and number on them. For a second I was like, well, shit, I should call the ahole and get his discs to him. Then I thought, well, if he's the type of person to come throw across someone else's lines, what type of person would he be if I called? Probably ask me to drive them to his home or something. So I went to the edge of the field and faced the woods with his two discs in tow.

I had an opposite experience. I'm doing field work when some guy shows up and starts throwing across my lines, getting his discs about 100' from where mine are landing. I was like, WTF bruh, and kept throwing. He left, and b/c I'm divorced and can spend 4 hours in a field if I want, I did. I noticed a couple of different colored discs than mine. He left two discs, had his name and number on them. For a second I was like, well, shit, I should call the ahole and get his discs to him. Then I thought, well, if he's the type of person to come throw across someone else's lines, what type of person would he be if I called? Probably ask me to drive them to his home or something. So I went to the edge of the field and faced the woods with his two discs in tow.
The guy deciding to throw where you were already practicing is a 3 on the doosh bag scale. (n)
You deciding to keep two of his discs is a solid 8. (n)(n)(n)

100' from you in a field? Ahh, what ever happened to "share the road?"

I don't think we want to encourage people to use their pistols as imtimidation pieces on the dg course. Really you shouldn't be using a pistol to intimidate people in any situation. You shouldn't draw unless you're willing to fire, and you shouldn't fire unless you're willing to kill. I'm pretty sure nobody here is going to kill a random stranger over a disc.
Agreed...but not everybody in your local Park is there to steal discs...or have a picnic...after 65 laps around the Sun, I've learned to be leery of any situation at any time......forewarned is forearmed...

I can see how a weapon would come in handy, protecting that $7.99 bag and handful of overstable, base plastic discs.
But they've served me very well for the past 30 years...can't complain....and I can still out throw/out distance any of these Youngsters with their new-fangled Frisbees...

And it's not for protecting my cheap discs, Brother....more important things in Life...

ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPics.gif

Attachments

• 20240126_120931.jpg
    20240126_120931.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts