• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thievery

A similar instance happened to a friend of mine once, we were playing a round and on a slightly downhill hole he threw and a group of kids actually grabbed the disc right after it landed. I had gone ahead because my shot went off course and I had already been looking. I approached them and they started to deny they had done anything. At this point my friend walks up, he is about 6'6" 265lbs. I explain the situation to him and then the kids miraculously remember that they found a disc laying on the ground, they thought someone left it there.

Although in situation where you leave a disc behind you should expect it to be gone, human nature is a B and maybe try to pay a little more attention (not that losing the disc was your fault but their are consequences for being forgetful).

Although in situation where you leave a disc behind you should expect it to be gone, human nature is a B and maybe try to pay a little more attention (not that losing the disc was your fault but their are consequences for being forgetful).

Understood but it was no more than 5 minutes and the guy obviously knew where it came from or he wouldnt have walked off the course instead of going ahead 2 holes to ask me.

I know its my faulyt, but I wish people didnt assume its theirs anyways, and no phone call either so obviously he wanted a free disc!

Its all about karma, what goes around comes around. Someday they will get theirs. You have to believe in that fact, otherwise there is no justice in this world.

I carry a gun in my bag. NO joke.

ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPics.gif

I return discs all the time (sometimes even to the pro shop if no call back before I leave) but only recieved one call back( told 'em to keep it). Last year I stopped to help someone look for theirs ( lags open 700 hole) and someone snatched mine right from the open fairway!!!!

Understood but it was no more than 5 minutes and the guy obviously knew where it came from or he wouldnt have walked off the course instead of going ahead 2 holes to ask me.

I know its my faulyt, but I wish people didnt assume its theirs anyways, and no phone call either so obviously he wanted a free disc!

I you want to see how a disc flys, hit the pratice field. When you throw more than one shot on a hole, that is when things get left behind. I just got disc in the mail, and its not going to see the course till I get a chance to throw it about 20 times in the practice field.

I cant believe this happened to me today. I threw an extra drive on the downhill 16th at Village park in sussex WI because I wanted to see how a 150 Destroyer would fly. I never throw it because I figure it is too light, but I wanted to see, so I threw it after my regluar drice, and I putted out like normal walked away and forgot the Destroyer sitting there about 50' from the basket. I went and played #17 and #18 and realized it on #18 it wasnt in my bag. I know there was a guy 1 - 1.5 holes behind me because I played through him on the first tee (even exchanged pleasantries but he wanted to warm up before throwing, so I went ahead) and I had just seen him on the 15tee when I was walking towards #17 from the area I left the destroyer. SO I finish and I walk up over the hill to see if I see him heading to #17, nope, not on #17 or #18 so I walk back down towards 16 basket which is a long hike from #17 but wide open, and no dude and no disc. I asked two guys playing up 1 if they saw a disc or a guy when they played one and they said he was headed back to the parking lot. SO the douche played 16 holes, found one of my discs and rather than finish his round he decided to keep a 150 dx destroyer . . . rather than let me know I had forgotten it by the basket. It was clear it was mine and he was seriously only a few hundred feet away from me when he found it. What a dip**** . . . it has my name and # on it so we will see if he calls but I assume he isnt going to. That irritates me to know end especially because I always had been good about returning phone calls of people who have their #'s on discs. It makes me want to just keep every disc I find . . . but I won't cause I am not a douche!

Is this the same Destroyer you found on Dretzka's Winter course? ;)

Exactly! Or when thieves do a hit and run and the license plate falls off at the scene of the crime.

I don't think we want to encourage people to use their pistols as imtimidation pieces on the dg course. Really you shouldn't be using a pistol to intimidate people in any situation. You shouldn't draw unless you're willing to fire, and you shouldn't fire unless you're willing to kill. I'm pretty sure nobody here is going to kill a random stranger over a disc.

I don't think we want to encourage people to use their pistols as imtimidation pieces on the dg course. Really you shouldn't be using a pistol to intimidate people in any situation. You shouldn't draw unless you're willing to fire, and you shouldn't fire unless you're willing to kill. I'm pretty sure nobody here is going to kill a random stranger over a disc.

That depends on the disc! i mean somethn like a champ valk! its like 12 dollars!!!...... ok not really. I agree a gun on the dg course is kind of pointless.

But what about...

That depends on the disc! i mean somethn like a champ valk! its like 12 dollars!!!...... ok not really. I agree a gun on the dg course is kind of pointless.

ok i agree no guns. but what about a machete? i dont usually carry it, but when i go disc-hunting it comes in handy.

if i did carry it all the time, i wouldnt use it for intimidation purposes, but im sure most people would be skeptical about it.

I swear im not gonna come at you like a raving lunatic screaming, "GIMME YER DISCS OR I'LL CUT YOUR ARM OFF!" :rolleyes:

I don't think we want to encourage people to use their pistols as intimidation pieces on the dg course. Really you shouldn't be using a pistol to intimidate people in any situation. You shouldn't draw unless you're willing to fire, and you shouldn't fire unless you're willing to kill. I'm pretty sure nobody here is going to kill a random stranger over a disc.

I think it was my grandfather that told me , that when it comes to guns of any kind , he said "You never point a gun at anything that you are not willing to destroy". That has stuck with me for a long time.

I think it was my grandfather that told me , that when it comes to guns of any kind , he said "You never point a gun at anything that you are not willing to destroy". That has stuck with me for a long time.

i think it depends who and where you are. some poeople like to flash them for nothing and others like to kill for no reason.

I have an update to this story . . . I went into Play it Again Sports for the heck of it today to see what they had available and the disc this guy picked up was sitting in their basket. It still had my name and # on it and the flight ratings right where I put them on all my discs. The funny thing about it is the guy put his name and number over the top of mine. I am wondering what I should do about this. Should I call this guy tell him I found his disc somewhere and that I could and meet up with him to return it but truthfully only to scold him (I know some of you might do worse)? Give me your input this is unprecedented. No the 150 Destroyer was not that valuable to me but the principle of the situation is what needs to be addressed. I think this guy should be tought a lesson about not calling #'s. What doy ou guys all think and please nominate the course of action to take place here. If you do not remember the story behind what happened here please read the first post as it was clear that this disc had pretty much been stolen within a 5 minute span of me playing 17 and 18. Granted I was the idiot who left it sit but regardless this guy clearly picked it up walked to his car and drove off.

how much did he get for this disc? i ask because he ended his game early, ran away, and went to the store, do they trade for gold there? was it worth it?