• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Thought Space Athletics

Idk man. I've bagged several pilots, a Stabilizer, three separate traces (darn things like to glide forever into the junk when I throw them bad) and two drifts over the years and they are all uniform and have a touch of give but are pretty similar to any other premium blend I've ever used-star (depending on the run Neutron might even be stiffer), fuzion (neutron's been stiffer than most fuzion), etc. maybe a touch less firm than some ESP I've felt but honestly it probably hits right in the middle of any other premium opaque blend I've used, just tends to be more uniform in the Streamline brand than other plastics I've thrown.
Maybe our tastes in floppiness are a little different-Neutron does have an ever so slight "gummy" tack to it on the hand but overall I've found is reasonably firm flex-wise. So if it's hand feel I see what you're saying-If it's overall bend-ability then I'm not sure.

as a totally different note:
I do not have perfect form/release but am in the process of reworking it. A lot of grip and release is preference but does follow some basic principles-and the grip should never be so tight you distort the disc to a dramatic degree. The grip that gets the most "sling" and transmits the most energy from my arm's snap is actually only using the thumb enough to keep the disc on my index finger. Unless you use a forced shank release, but in order for it to be any kind of accurate needs to be in a perfect spot and only hit at the perfect moment, but at that point grip and distortion doesn't really matter a whole lot.

Last edited:
as a totally different note:
I do not have perfect form/release but am in the process of reworking it. A lot of grip and release is preference but does follow some basic principles-and the grip should never be so tight you distort the disc to a dramatic degree. The grip that gets the most "sling" and transmits the most energy from my arm's snap is actually only using the thumb enough to keep the disc on my index finger. Unless you use a forced shank release, but in order for it to be any kind of accurate needs to be in a perfect spot and only hit at the perfect moment, but at that point grip and distortion doesn't really matter a whole lot.
I would agree with this. Coming from a golf background one of the first lessons I was taught and would teach new players, is not to strangle the club before the swing starts. People tend to tense up plenty enough during the swing to keep ahold of the club and if you already have a tight grip on it, it can make your swing a bit less fluid and more robotic...

We are dropping our new Ethos mantras at 12am EST!

We figured we would let everyone know;)

Attachments

• received_422532451973936.jpg
    received_422532451973936.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20191106_180154_361.jpg
    IMG_20191106_180154_361.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 95
Anybody able to post a rim picture for one of these? I'm curious about the profile, with the same plastic and rim width/depth as the Alpha I'm imagining it could make a nice compliment.

Many of the small disc companies create "new" discs with their manufacturer by combining the top and bottom plates from different preexisting molds. My guess is the Mantra is the top plate of a Drift and bottom plate of a Lift. The Mint Alpha could be the opposite.

Many of the small disc companies create "new" discs with their manufacturer by combining the top and bottom plates from different preexisting molds. My guess is the Mantra is the top plate of a Drift and bottom plate of a Lift. The Mint Alpha could be the opposite.

i can assure you the alpha is its own mold and pieces

Pathfinder
Max Weight: 178.5gr
Diameter: 21.5cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.3cm
Rim Thickness: 1.4cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.6cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.0%

Hey y'all! snagged a couple of the new Pathfinders this week and will be doing a bit of a review next week in the Ethos and Ethereal plastics. Probably won't record anything, but are there any pics or comparisons you'd be interested to see of this disc?

Looks like it will perform similar to an MD3, Buzzz, or Roc3. Excited for this one for sure. I have been throwing Mint Bobcats and Mustangs since each of those releases but really wanted something straighter with less fade than the Mustang to use as my workhorse and sorta be a slower FD (my workhorse fairway) to replace the Mustangs which are pretty beefy out of the box and beat in slowly (the newer runs of Eternal Bobcats and Mustangs are reeeal stiff).

Anyway just wondering your thoughts and if anyone else has given these a whirl yet please let us know your thoughts!

Pathfinder
Max Weight: 178.5gr
Diameter: 21.5cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.3cm
Rim Thickness: 1.4cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.6cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.0%

Hey y'all! snagged a couple of the new Pathfinders this week and will be doing a bit of a review next week in the Ethos and Ethereal plastics. Probably won't record anything, but are there any pics or comparisons you'd be interested to see of this disc?

Looks like it will perform similar to an MD3, Buzzz, or Roc3. Excited for this one for sure. I have been throwing Mint Bobcats and Mustangs since each of those releases but really wanted something straighter with less fade than the Mustang to use as my workhorse and sorta be a slower FD (my workhorse fairway) to replace the Mustangs which are pretty beefy out of the box and beat in slowly (the newer runs of Eternal Bobcats and Mustangs are reeeal stiff).

Anyway just wondering your thoughts and if anyone else has given these a whirl yet please let us know your thoughts!

try a light to mid weight sublime mustang ;)

try a light to mid weight sublime mustang ;)

Oh I have! something about throwing slower speed discs in particular I prefer max weight, but I DO have a 167 Purple Mustang and though it DOES fly great, I just can't get past the mental block of throwing a lower weight midrange :|

I also throw the D-line MD for longer understable approach and tee shots, so I'm hoping the Pathfinder will be somewhere between the Mustang and MD. I LOVE the mvp single-mold plastics, and this is my first one from TSA. I also just love Mint in general. 1x Eternal Bobcat is for sure staying in as my overstable wind-fighter that I can really lean into. One of the first discs I truly fell in love with and for now it's the only Mint sticking in the bag as I actively try to replace the Mustangs. Before you ask, yes I've thrown a lot of Alphas too but never got used to the rim. I clearly care a lot about how a disc feels in my hand :D The profit has come in and out depending on my mood too ;)

Got these in the mail recently, only had a chance to give them a few throws but definitely getting glidier Buzzz vibes
1464ad7778c404c5ed226fdb58b9e272.jpg
13ff4ec53370ba643a0045fe21dd0dba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Pretty stamps. Who molds them again?

Anyone thrown an Animus? Guy on a FB group had a few so I ordered a nice pink aura one. I'm stoked to try it out; streamline's neutron discs have my favorite feel in the hand of any plastic for fairways & faster.

Latest posts