• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Thought Space Athletics

Y'all thrown an Omen? I got one and it's basically a slightly worn Flare. In fact, it may be a Flare.(at least the wing portion)

Ethos is a bit more OS and a bit glidier IMO

Cool, thanks! I was looking at picking another one up to compliment my Aura, but didn't know if the plastics made a huge difference like the Construct. They compliment each other so well, I was hoping for a similar thing with the Pathfinder.

Cool, thanks! I was looking at picking another one up to compliment my Aura, but didn't know if the plastics made a huge difference like the Construct. They compliment each other so well, I was hoping for a similar thing with the Pathfinder.

Yeah not as huge a difference as between the constructs and Mantras. Could go with Glow Pathfinder which is a bit beefier than ethos.

Just giving a quick shout out to the Aura Construct. There's a hole at my home course that's about 450' with a gradual downhill slope and a decent, but not huge tunnel fairway. I like to throw a few off the tee and usually land around 50' short of the pin, but in good position. Thought I would try and hyzer flip the Construct...put it about 8' right of the basket, exactly pin high. This thing is a glidey monster and just holds dead straight. I've found a new love for this disc today.

Synapse

Threw a Thought Space Synapse for the first time today. Fairly new company, and I've only tried one other of their discs (Votum).

The Synapse seems to be very much like a Destroyer. Similar speed, glide, and stability. Weight on this disc is unknown, but it must be near max. Flat. Not much (if any) dome. Plastic is great. Reminds me a lot of older, marbled Innova champion.

Normally I don't bother with or like flat distance drivers. However, the Synapse somewhat impressed me. Fairly beefy disc. The Synapse wouldn't turn unless I forced it anny. Any flat or hyzer releases just fizzled out left quickly and short. Good anny rips would stay on an S curve for a while before fading out. Despite being flat the Synapse glided well, and wasn't in any huge hurry to come down.

Max distance was right at about 450'. I felt like the Synapse pushed forward a little better than most Destroyers. This is a driver for big arms. It was almost a bit much for me. Any throw I didn't absolutely hammer would fade out early.

Synapse: 12, 5, -1, 3. These are pretty much the given flight numbers, and I agree with them. I liked the feel of this disc, and the plastic is great. Consistent, long flier.

Can anyone compare the Pathfinder and the DGA Rift? They are rated, and even look, somewhat similar - just curious since it's the new hype.

I've seen several people claim that the Pathfinder and Mustang are the same mold. Admittedly, I only have one Mustang but it just feels like a different mold than my Pathfinders. For lack of a better description, the Mustang is fairly domey and kind of has a Comet or domey Roc kind of a vibe with the way the top of the disc is shaped. My Pathfinders are pretty flat and kind of feel like a thinner Buzzz in the hand.
I agree they are not the same.
The Thought Space Athletics Pathfinder 5/5/0/1 and the Mint Mustang 5/4/0/2 are not the same numbers, they are a different shape and they don't fly the same. MVP has plenty of midrange experience and can make whatever for a customer, why would MVP or Mint Discs or Thought Space Athletics want to make or sell the exact same disc?

Last edited:
isn't it really just the same price after the initial purchase of the mold achieves return on investment?

Larger runs mean less setups (downtime).

Then you've got the depreciation on the molding machines themselves. No impact if all the manufacturers are near capacity, but if each were only using a fraction of their capacity, consolidating molding (with less total machines) would be a savings.

Combining the volume from multiple manufacturers should also yield better pricing on the raw material.

I don't think the idea is realistic (competitors working together), but hypothetically it would be cheaper.

Cheaper for everybody to just use one mold and stamp 'em differently.

I'm pretty sure MVP just takes all the Flares that mold up a little domey and puts an Omen stamp on them. I can't prove it, but that appears to be the only difference.

I'm pretty sure MVP just takes all the Flares that mold up a little domey and puts an Omen stamp on them. I can't prove it, but that appears to be the only difference.

Would love a breakdown of where I can get domier versions of any and all MVP molds lol

:posted this in the other tsa thread but deleted and it goes here much better:

the nebula aura mantra with the space girl with the nice cheeks is a winner. I REALLY do not like cosmic neutron/nebula aura because i find it slick and hard. But as we know its an understable disc, so i took a chance and and sanded down the underrim with some old light sandpaper and the grip is nice now.

I assume, and could be wrong, that this is basically a Mint freetail, so i have nuetron/apex and sublime/plasma freetail. I really dont like the Cosmic neutron for drivers because it stables them up so much but for understable discs its great for turnovers that wont burn over and have a very slight fade at the end. i have about 270 turnover shot with a bunch of trees on the right. I have no distance with my forehand, so i went RHBH turnover ended up 12 ft from the basket with the mantra.

another more turning hold of similar distance but on a bit of a hill that makes it probably 50-70ft shorter i hit the line perfect but went about 50-70 ft past the basket.

i was using a hawkeye, sphinx, tdx or new s line fd and the mantra was a bit more stable and seemed like easier distance. I play this course quite a bit and these holes i specifically practice that shot since other course near me dont require this shot off the tee but it takes alot of wrist and release angle to get perfect.

minor flaw, i hate the stamp for tsa, i think its cheesy but i was at the store and im always form over function anyway.

thanks mvp for making these TSA & MInt molds, since they overlaps so you cand find them in different plastics for stability variety

--- wrote all that before i read the end of this thread. I held the Mint Freetail and Nebula Aura Mantra up and its hard to say they arent the same mold.

Looking around at glow discs, since my glow Comets are getting pretty long in the tooth (last tournament I'll throw my glow 1st run Comets is on Saturday, then they're getting retired to spare them from shattering), and I came across the TSA Mana.

It seems pretty flippy, but the numbers suggest it could be a bit Comet-like. Anyone got an opinion comparing them to the Comet or the Meteor, to know which one they're most similar to?