• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throw a putter to help your distance driving - worst advice of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about driving a putter in an open field, but discing down and taking a putter to wooded technical courses helped me begin to learn how to shape shots. Not disagreeing or agreeing, but just my two cents :)

Nope not at all.

But telling someone to go into a field and throwing their putter will help them throw their drivers is incredibly bad advice.

If they suck at throwing drivers, there is a 90% chance that they suck at disc throwing fundamentals. Putters are practically the easiest discs to use to work on disc throwing fundamentals. It's like training wheels on a bike.

InBeforeTheLock.gif

I don't know about driving a putter in an open field, but discing down and taking a putter to wooded technical courses helped me begin to learn how to shape shots. Not disagreeing or agreeing, but just my two cents :)

Well that makes perfect sense though.
I have nothing against throwing a putter.
I am just tired of the troll list telling people to throw their putters to get better at their drivers. It is garbage advice and is wasting people's time.

I ain't a troll you're just a ****ing moron. Quit talking shenanigans just to get your post count up or a nut off - it's ****ing lame.

You want to see me try to justify my opinion on the situation? Cause I'm not going to. I know you're retarded so I won't give you the time or place (more than calling you a dumbass).

Well that makes perfect sense though.
I have nothing against throwing a putter.
I am just tired of the troll list telling people to throw their putters to get better at their drivers. It is garbage advice and is wasting people's time.

I don't think you know what troll means. Also people aren't idiots. If they try it and it doesn't work, then they would stop. They don't need people to scare them away from every bit of advice they get. Most of the time when people give advice, it is because they have tried it themselves. So if that particular advice doesn't work for fine move on. But don't tell everyone it is awful when it can and will help others.

So, Stud Muffin. Let's say you have a 300' downhill hole with an island green. Any disc that remotely skips will send you into OB. Does driving a putter seem like bad advice now?

That's just a Thumber hole for Billy

I don't think you know what troll means. Also people aren't idiots. If they try it and it doesn't work, then they would stop. They don't need people to scare them away from every bit of advice they get. Most of the time when people give advice, it is because they have tried it themselves. So if that particular advice doesn't work for you then fine but don't tell everyone it is awful.

It is a common fallacy on dgcr. In fact, enough trolls got on one thread, and completely singled out my advice to ignore, and what did they tell this person to do to get better at throwing their driver... throw a putter in a field...

It's garbage advice.

Stud Muffin said:
BUT

Today, I took a measuring tape to a empty soccer field. I marked off 400', with markings at 100' intervals. I threw a lot of discs, and my first set, nothing went past 300' and I was like :eek:

I made about 10 throws of 10 sets, my base group posted in my signature, and a Groove, SSNuke, Nuke, Slayer, and a Beast. My best throws were in the 320' range. I was throwing my Teebird about 280'-290', my Predator and Leopard about 270'-280', Roc 240'-260'. My Orc was beyond the 300' every time but the first time, but still, this is nothing like I throw on the courses.

What Happened?

*Not making any excuses, just stating, I did just get off work, and I was tired, but I don't think it could have made that big of a difference really. Also wind was a side wind, so no advantage/disadvantage lines, both directions threw the same distances.

I thought I was in the 400' club, but I guess I was wrong... :confused:

You have NO BUSINESS giving ANY advice of ANY sort.

We may be trolling this thread, but you are trolling this whole website. :|

To give a real response to the topic, throwing far is about footwork and hip, core, arm/wrist mechanics. Improving those aspects of your throw translate directly from putter throws to driver throws. The only things that change are the grip and line.

**** this forum this is why i stopped posting

I tried in the last two threads about this same subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.