• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What will be in Mcbeth's bag?

Part of his contract is his own line of discs. Not just his name, but actual molds. He did not provide any timelines on the podcast, but outside of 250K guaranteed a year, this is by far the savviest move Paul/DGI could of pulled off. I would imagine that Paul far eclipses royalty revenues any pro has seen from disc sales in the history of the sport. Paul has managed his brand very carefully over the years and it has allowed for moves like this. Not to discount how good he is - that helps too.

And that line of discs is why McBeth chose Discraft over Innova or Trilogy. The money was good, but Paul went for more...

an Undertaker
mystery green Big Z/Z driver with a Discraft stamp
mystery blue Z plastic disc

OMG this is getting better by the post...

FAKE NEWS
That image of a poster showing his signature discs was made by hackers... I believe Paul has previously stated he was never a fan of the buzz. I bet he will be throwing a Wasp.

That was a long time ago, before he threw that many forehands for example. The Buzzz flicks really well and lots of people prefer beadless discs for forehands. Besides, if McBeth can get used to feeling a Nova he should be able to get used to a Buzzz with no problem.

Yeah he might have posted something about not liking the Buzzz but.. Its one of Discrafts major molds and I bet there is going to be a little pressure to at least pack one in the bag or try to love it, but then again he can do what he wants.

I'm going out on a limb but I think he will do some tuning to a Meteor or bag a crystal Z heavy one as his Nova.

an Undertaker
mystery green Big Z/Z driver with a Discraft stamp
mystery blue Z plastic disc

OMG this is getting better by the post...
He stated the green driver in the video was an Undertaker and that's the only reason he was willing to say he's bagging one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

yeah, it'll cost them dozens of dollars for sure....:|

Your kidding right? A McBeth in the bag could sell thousands of dollars worth of discs this week alone. I don't expect one, because technically he is still under contract with Innova and probably cannot begin really marketing for Discraft until the new year. But that does not change the fact that if he did a what might make my bag or what I am trying out video, every one of those molds would see huge increases in sales.

Looks like the picture that everyone said was photo shopped is real. He confirmed it on Smashbox last night.

I think people who will buy discs because they're in his bag will buy them regardless is Black Friday. Why sell them on sale when you can sell them full price a week later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not releasing a McBeth Discraft in the bag before Black Friday would be the biggest marketing failure in the history of disc golf. Let's see it.

I'm pretty sure the kids are already running out and buying Forces and Undertakers.

I don't expect one, because technically he is still under contract with Innova and probably cannot begin really marketing for Discraft until the new year.

He signed his Discraft contract last Saturday, as was mentioned on the Smashboxx pod.

Looks like the picture that everyone said was photo shopped is real. He confirmed it on Smashbox last night.

It was definitely shopped, I think some people were just wondering if it was shopped by people at Discraft or someone else having fun. I thought it looked legit.

I'm pretty sure the kids are already running out and buying Forces and Undertakers.

Ohhh that's something obvious I didn't really think of...why would he market the discs/release an in the bag immediately if his personal stamps or incentivized discs aren't available yet?

I mean with the timeframe of getting that stuff out there'll likely be news or media of it soon, but still.

I can't say I've listened to any of the interviews yet, has their been any clarification on whether we're talking about a handful of existing discraft molds with his name on them and he gets a cut of sales, or an actual separate entity with them doing the molding?

What sticks out to me is the 4 year aspect. I could see the end result being his own product line, with a couple of new unique molds released every year.

So basically starting 100% discraft sponsored and throwing their stuff, and slowly migrating over to a 100% McBeth bag. That gives him time to put out quality molds and keeps everybody on the hook for the new releases. Eventually the playing days wind down and he's got a source of income for the rest of his life.

And as far as some of the other announcements go, you'd have to assume there were rumors floating out there as to what he was gonna land. Either people are waiting for the domino effect to see where they can land the best deal, or maybe waiting for the discraft deal to be announced and following him over.

Ohhh that's something obvious I didn't really think of...why would he market the discs/release an in the bag immediately if his personal stamps or incentivized discs aren't available yet?

I mean with the timeframe of getting that stuff out there'll likely be news or media of it soon, but still.

Interesting point.

Better stock up on Pre-McBeth runs while you can!

Did anyone else watch the live stream of Paul walking through the drivers he's been testing out? I went super fangirl when he answered 2 of my questions. Really stoked to see him throwing a Zombee!
It was really cool to see his throwing all of the discs. Looking forward to the next 2 episodes.

Seems like he is digging the force, mantis, undertaker, predator, and heat.

Didn't seem like he was too crazy about the nuke. Glo Z Crank seemed more reliable for him. I could see that and the Nuke OS being in and out of the bag for him.

Seemed like he enjoyed the Vulture fight but was stuck on the larger diameter feel. It also seemed like the Z mantis flew a similar line and distance for him.

I couldn't tell on the punisher. He liked the feel. It seems odd, but I could almost see that becoming his thunderbird type disc. Straighter controlled distance.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Latest posts