• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1 Round at Brakewell/Warwick -- Which Layout?

mrclc

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I'll have the good fortune of traveling to New York this week to play Brakewell Steel/Warwick Park on Friday. Unfortunately, I only have time for a single layout. I generally agonize over what tees to play from, and having four possible layouts to choose from is an exercise in frustration for me. I've pretty much ruled out playing Silver/Silver and Blue/Blue, so I'm torn between Blue/Silver and Silver/Blue. Which, if either, is the more played layout? Which layout is better? I'm leaning toward short pad to long basket (Silver/Blue?), but am curious to hear local thoughts and thoughts from those that have played the course before.

I would go short tee to long pin (Silver/Blue). You get to see more of the interesting parts of the course that way.

I agree with Chuck...silver to blue. On nearly every hole, the blue (long) pin is the more interesting/unique/challenging of the two. You'll be glad you played them rather than just observing from a distance.

Long pins are exciting on that course. I only played it a few times, but it very quickly jumped up to just about my all-time favorite.

One of the best things about the course is how well the long/short and short/long work. It's easy to make two overlapping courses with short/short and long/long, but it's difficult to make them work well in the mixed layouts. Warwick did a great job with that.

Agreed with everyone on Silver/Blue. Blue/Silver is probably my least favorite layout.

silver to blue for me too, it's just more fun than the others. will most likely play s2b this friday also haha. b2b is definitely worth it though for the next time you go!

BLUE BLUE OR NOTHING.

lol...

I made the mistake of playing the Warwick Am Championships freaking blind....:doh:

Had an OK first round (which was short to short), then was rudely awakened by the awesomeness of Warwick for the next three rounds (silver/blue, blue/silver, then blue/blue)... man that course beat the crap out of me...

the best part?! I enjoyed taking the beating, and was so angry at myself I didn't do the 1'20" drive up there at least twice a month during the summer.

Latest posts