• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 10 Year Anniversary Buzzz

I don't mean to offend, but I kinda think dg has a problem going on, well illustrated by this 10 year buzzz thread: I'm sorry, but my opinion is that if you've bought more than 1 to 'hang on your wall' and not actively throw, then you're a total doucher. Discs are meant to be thrown, and if you're hoarding them to boost the price then screw that. I know that white one went on ebay for $100, but thats unusual. ANYONE gonna become rich selling these?? or any other disc, at a mark up?? No really, how much can you really put in your bank account at the cost of depriving others of great discs for years? I just think that concept is lame. Anyone agree, or am I way off base here?

i dont own a disc i havent thrown.. the people that buy up discs probably store them next to their un-opened comic books they've never read and a pile of action figures still in the box. its some kind of neurosis, but im no doctor.

I don't mean to offend, but I kinda think dg has a problem going on, well illustrated by this 10 year buzzz thread: I'm sorry, but my opinion is that if you've bought more than 1 to 'hang on your wall' and not actively throw, then you're a total doucher. Discs are meant to be thrown, and if you're hoarding them to boost the price then screw that. I know that white one went on ebay for $100, but thats unusual. ANYONE gonna become rich selling these?? or any other disc, at a mark up?? No really, how much can you really put in your bank account at the cost of depriving others of great discs for years? I just think that concept is lame. Anyone agree, or am I way off base here?

I generally believe that people can and should do whatever they feel like doing. As long as it doesn't hurt other people. You not getting to own and throw this particular disc, although may be disappointing is not hurting you. People collect stuff, people sell stuff, people try to make a profit off said stuff. That's the American way! Keep your eyes open, ask around you'll find one. Case in point: I was in Nashville Fri. and the local shop JUST got their 50 10yr Buzzz order in. (At a little more at $22 a pop.) I also think that Discraft is releasing WAY more than 10k of these. No way in hell does a guy get his initial 50 order more than two weeks later. Maybe we should start a poll to see how many are really out their and bust Discraft's balls? My point being, if you keep your eyes open you will own one or more of these very soon and NOT have to pay an arm and a leg.:D

Man I personally love this buzzz. I was fortunate to snag a few for regular prices. After I threw it, I snagged a couple more. Some I will save but I will be throwing this disc. At 19.99 not all that much more than a standard buzzz, but the plastic feels awesome!

Coming from a non-collector. I buy plastic to throw it, or at least with the intention of throwing it. DG doesn't have a problem going on. Every sport / hobby under the sun has people who collect. In fact, due to the fact that DG is developing a strong collectors market, in my eyes it legitimizes the sport even a little bit more. Collector items are often historic. If we always looked at athletic memorabilia / equipment and said, "Why are you being such a douche and collecting that? It's meant to be used!" we would have no cool stuff to look at in the future.

At least collecting something that began its life at no more than $24.99 retail, and generally in massive quantities, is less cost prohibitive to those who want to do it. Example: Original barstamp buzzzes are now collectibles / desired... There were MILLIONS of those things out there sold for less than $15. The people who loved them and had a stock of extras ready to supplant their worn or lost throwers happened to come into some money / collectibles when the barstamps went away. Not their fault. People wanted them, and were willing to pay more than circle stamps to get them. It was totally a consumer driven market for those AND for the 10yr buzzzes now.

People who buy to collect? Good for them. If it makes them happy, let them do what they want. It's their money, their purchase, their hobby.

Last edited:

i agree the hoarding to drive price is lame but thats the vendors getting out of hand to begin with. msrp is 19.95 and the actual DG stores are selling them at $30....thats not collectors fault.
next, this mania is more on the side of the educated wanting to have multiples of the same run. When a disc run is identifiable it instantly raises value.
and once again there is nothing wrong with collecting. and most have more noble motives. for instance I am trying to collect for purpose of a library. one people will be allowed to throw.
pessimism has no place.

i agree the hoarding to drive price is lame but thats the vendors getting out of hand to begin with. msrp is 19.95 and the actual DG stores are selling them at $30....thats not collectors fault.
next, this mania is more on the side of the educated wanting to have multiples of the same run. When a disc run is identifiable it instantly raises value.
and once again there is nothing wrong with collecting. and most have more noble motives. for instance I am trying to collect for purpose of a library. one people will be allowed to throw.
pessimism has no place.

Time out...tell me more of this "throwable disc golf library!"

pessimism has no place.

just don't do business with those stores. I got mine from Marshall st at 19.99

I generally believe that people can and should do whatever they feel like doing. As long as it doesn't hurt other people. You not getting to own and throw this particular disc, although may be disappointing is not hurting you. People collect stuff, people sell stuff, people try to make a profit off said stuff. That's the American way! Keep your eyes open, ask around you'll find one. Case in point: I was in Nashville Fri. and the local shop JUST got their 50 10yr Buzzz order in. (At a little more at $22 a pop.) I also think that Discraft is releasing WAY more than 10k of these. No way in hell does a guy get his initial 50 order more than two weeks later. Maybe we should start a poll to see how many are really out their and bust Discraft's balls? My point being, if you keep your eyes open you will own one or more of these very soon and NOT have to pay an arm and a leg.:D

I think starting a post where we tally up numbers on these is an awesome idea. All we'd have to do is start with a number from poster #1 and each poster adds his amount to the total from the previous post. We should lay down so ground rules though like no hating if someone has a ton or you can only count ones you own at this moment and not ones you've seen people with. At least we'll get a good idea of what percentage DGCR owns of the market. :thmbup:

Time out...tell me more of this "throwable disc golf library!"

Im going to start with trying to get all the current production molds (1 in each plastic). Then just have it for anytime someone local wants to try throwing a disc they havent I can let them. Or if someone is looking for a new OS midrange I can invite them over and put a stack of every single one in front of them so they can get one they like without having to buy mold after mold looking for one.
once i get the regular productions I will do my best to attain OOP stuff. But thats less of a concern.
and of course if they want the one I have they will have to replace it.

Or if someone is looking for a new OS midrange I can invite them over and put a stack of every single one in front of them so they can get one they like without having to buy mold after mold looking for one.

are you sure you wouldn't just fight with them about it on the internet?

I think starting a post where we tally up numbers on these is an awesome idea. All we'd have to do is start with a number from poster #1 and each poster adds his amount to the total from the previous post. We should lay down so ground rules though like no hating if someone has a ton or you can only count ones you own at this moment and not ones you've seen people with. At least we'll get a good idea of what percentage DGCR owns of the market. :thmbup:

this ^^

Latest posts