• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] 150 class question

Lighter weight is less of a factor with slower moldels.

Throwing 150 class putters and mids isnt needed at adult fitness levels IMO. 160s work just fine and are much easier to control.

Drivers and fairways in light weights make the discs easier to get up to speed and add glide etc. Many mids/putters already have good glide off the shelf and are slow flying thus even at max weight are throwable for most players.

I wouldnt be overly concerned with 150 class putters or slow mids i dont get more D from the lighter discs and harder to control. A 150 ion has the glide of a damn kite its stupid lol

Except for the Japan Open, which requires all discs be less than 160g, IMHO a <160g putter is not going to be anything special over a putter of heavier weight.

In general, I'm finding that for me, putters in the 170-175 weights are good (my Judges are both 174g), my mids are around 170g, I prefer my fairway/control drivers in the mid- to upper-160s (though my 150g Leopard can really get after it), and my drivers (currently only Waves) in lighter weights (with a heavier weight for the headwinds). That's just me, YMMV.

I am in my mid 40's. I throw my driver between 155-165 my fairway 160-165 my mid 165-170 and then max weight putters. works for my arm.

Latest posts