• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

'16 Gentlemen's Club Challenge

As a fan, I like how WTO & GCC have been the putative prelude to the Memorial, sort of a spring training for the start of the National Tour and for a new season of disc golf. To attract more pros, perhaps the organizers of the GCC could move their tournament up, to the middle of February. Then comes the WTO, the following week, then comes The Memorial 10 days later. The travel distances are comparable and there aren't any weather considerations to worry about. I just don't see why there aren't more tournaments in January & February in the Southwest, leading up to The Memorial, to take advantage of the weather and the super open schedule. A rejiggered GCC/WTO/Memorial schedule could be part of that thinking.

As for this year's GCC, I'm not surprised that Philo won. I watched him closely at the WTO and he was very sharp throughout at that tournament. He competed very well with PM, Simon and Steve Rico in Pasadena and it makes sense that he held form to the next week. Of course it helped that PM & Wysocki weren't in Henderson but hey, a win's a win and $2k is a nice little score for a long weekend of golf. Good for Philo. He's all class.

I did not know Julianne was playing this sort of competition. Is this new?

Julianna is a 5x women's world champ but about 9 years ago, the game got into her head a bit and she backed off of competition. Since then she's been doing clinics, volunteering at tourneys and freestyling alot. She plays the occasional tourney in FPO or FPM.

Latest posts