• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1st step is admitting you have a problem.....

I have such a problem I was a disc for Halloween a couple of years ago!

Attachments

• IMG00100-20111028-1723.jpg
    IMG00100-20111028-1723.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 88
My mother came through my room to get our Christmas decorations down and said, "You don't need to hang any more of those Frisbees on your wall. It just...isn't right." I said, "Biiiiiiitttttttcccch......"

My mother came through my room to get our Christmas decorations down and said, "You don't need to hang any more of those Frisbees on your wall. It just...isn't right." I said, "Biiiiiiitttttttcccch......"

yikes!

cleaning hobby room today and i have over 60 discs! plus some on the way, as well as a hand full of loaners out with friends...... I may have to have a sale thread....:D There is also about 4 broken down rc planes that need to be repaired, servos ,speed controller, props, radios and unbuilt brand new planes... I am an equipment junky in everything i do. My name is jason, and i have multiple problems!;) Not to mention all the ball golf stuff we have in the shed and garage.

Jason, I just completed my 12x16 concrete floor, climate controlled storage building. That was to be able to clear some of the clutter out of my home closets, my two car garage and my 24x28 workshop. Be very careful, you're headed where I am!

I've got 45.

19 in the main bag.
2 in the backup side of the bag.
17 in my extras rack.
1 out on loan.
3 hanging on the wall.
(signed Feldberg River, a dozen sigs on my USDGC Roc, and my first disc I ever bought, a 169 z buzzz)

And 3 more on the way.

I sitting here right now with my dog. Our noses are pressed up against the glass of the front door waiting for the mail lady.

She's got discs for me and a treat for the dog. I'm not sure which one of us is more excited.

cleaning hobby room today and i have over 60 discs! plus some on the way, as well as a hand full of loaners out with friends...... I may have to have a sale thread....:D There is also about 4 broken down rc planes that need to be repaired, servos ,speed controller, props, radios and unbuilt brand new planes... I am an equipment junky in everything i do. My name is jason, and i have multiple problems!;) Not to mention all the ball golf stuff we have in the shed and garage.

If you really have only been playing for around 7 or 8 months, that's fairly impressive. That averages out to about 2 discs per week. I'm at 90-95 right now (accumulated over the past 4+ years). And that's how many I've had total, not how many I currently have. Hmm, this is making me think I need to start buying more.

I made the mistake of counting the discs scattered around my house..... 229 :\

At 114, I'd love to sell about 70 of them in one whack. But, with 4 weevoks coming up, maybe I should hang onto them.

I made the mistake of counting the discs scattered around my house..... 229 :\
Thats alot of discs! I could see it happening if you have been playing for 14 years. I bet 6-10 of mine are discs i have found hound doggin for my bad throw into the weeds or water. but I have also lost a few this season as well... All of mine are shared between wife, 2 kids, and myself. It is nice to have discs lying for guests.

Buying discs and playing disc golf are 2 related yet entirely different activities.

From where Im sitting I can see 112 and do not nor want to know how many I have total although Its seems like a bit less than this time last year. I had been trying to sell trade/give away molds I dont use all year but... 3 on the way as we speak.

It's like anything else. Have any of you watched American Pickers? Or Hoarders: Buried Alive? Some disc golfers are the same way.

Buying what you need is obviously necessary. All of us buy too much when we first start because there's so much out there to try. It's when you have 100, 200, 300+ that you really need to ask yourself why you have so many discs.

I about spit out my coke when is read this. Right away I thought of the Key and Peele sketch. Lol.

The ideal number of discs is X+1 where X=your current discs. this doesent mean you cant get rid of them just that you will always need one more

Latest posts