• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2009 USDGC

I'm leaving Sunday morning. I'll probably play Renny on Monday if anyone wants to join, then head back to Winthrop for a round after the qualifier is done.

I will be in Charlotte from Wednesday 7 October through Sunday 11 October.
I am up for playing as long as I am not in Rock Hill.

I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Probably not going to get to play though as I'll have the family with me. Would be fun to meet you guys though.

I"ll be there Wednesday and Thursday. Might hit you up Marmoset for a Renny round. Send me a PM if you want.

what'shisname said:
I'll be watching on and off today - fri. @ work when I can.

When does the coverage start?
The coverage started this morning at 8:15 EST, but their website crashed on me...don't think they were expecting this many of us to be watching.

ya, I can't even get it to load now.

I was logged in but had a blank screen. Then a message came up saying my user mane was logged in more than once. Now.... nothing.

Yehosha said:
what'shisname said:
I'll be watching on and off today - fri. @ work when I can.

When does the coverage start?
The coverage started this morning at 8:15 EST, but their website crashed on me...don't think they were expecting this many of us to be watching.

I wonder how many are trying to watch. Seems like they expected quite a few:

The association estimates that between 5,000-10,000 registered users from North America, Europe and Asia will click through to the live broadcast each day. These numbers are based on analytics from pdga.com, innovadiscs.com, and usdgc.com, as well as the number of members in the Professional Disc Golf Association and the growing popularity of disc golf around the world.
http://www.pdga.com/usdgc-on-live-internet-tv

what'shisname said:
ya, I can't even get it to load now.

I was logged in but had a blank screen. Then a message came up saying my user mane was logged in more than once. Now.... nothing.

same here. sucks.

oh well. growing pains.

Working for me now finally. Too much blah blah, not enough disc golf so far.

Working for me too. Seems they only have cameras on hole #1 and 17. They claim there will be more later on in the week.

Two tips if they want this to be mainstream someday.

Better announcers. Don't know where they get these guys or why they got picked, but there HAS to be someone better to do the announcng than the morons they get.

Give air time to the top pros, not the scrubs. Learn from how they broadcast ball golf. Do they show every single scrub that's at an event? No. They show the leaders and the top pros that people want to see...the household names. We want to watch good players play as many holes and shots as possible, not every Joe Schmoe play the same hole.