• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

If a guy has a Z Buzzz, Z Wasp, Z Drone, Z Hornet, and Z Stalker, does the 2012 Ace Race disc bring anything new to the table ?

My bag is very similar, crystal buzzz, z hornet, esp zone, z stalker. I'm playing a tourney this weekend and don't want to change any thing yet. But after this weekend im taking out the buzzz and stalker for a while.

Man...the Ace Race near me was sadly cancelled, so now I am going to have to grab one of these some other way. I am very intrigued by it.

If a guy has a Z Buzzz, Z Wasp, Z Drone, Z Hornet, and Z Stalker, does the 2012 Ace Race disc bring anything new to the table ?

I know everyone says that a stalker is a longer buzzz, but so is this. But it's slower than a stalker.. In between the two I beleive.

I don't know why there needed to be anything in between..

Oh well. I'll definitely try one out when they are launched.

Really hard to see this thing going into production. It's pretty hilarious when you see people recommending it in other equipment threads though.

I think it's a descent disc. Just not at the distances used for an Ace Race. It's pretty sensitive at short ranges, but throw it flat and hard and it will hold some descent lines.

Mine is 176

My Ace Race is this Saturday, can't wait to try it. I find the stalkers glide (or lack of) an bit off putting when trying to power it down. I've heard that this is supposed to have about the same glide as the buzzz but not sure how well it will power down either. Some of the videos show this thing fading pretty hard so ...

a LOT of our holes are supposed to be in the 80-100' range :-\ so I'll get to see first hand how it handles being powered down. I don't think any of the holes are going to be over 150' so I won't get much of a chance to give it a full throw.

Its suppose to be faster than a buzzz but slower than a stalker
i played the ace race in becker, mn on the 4th of august. I think it throws alot like a buzzz but cuts wind a little better, since the ace race i took new 4 of them to the field with a hand full of buzzzs and i thought they went about the same distance about 340' for me. i also noticed that it cut through those iron leafs a little better too

personally i like the disc and hope it makes it to production

Last edited:
Its suppose to be faster than a buzzz but slower than a stalker
i played the ace race in becker, mn on the 4th of august. I think it throws alot like a buzzz but cuts wind a little better, since the ace race i took new 4 of them to the field with a hand full of buzzzs and i thought they went about the same distance about 340' for me. i also noticed that it cut through those iron leafs a little better too

personally i like the disc and hope it makes it to production

I hope you had fun at our tournament. If we had enough advance notice it was a driver, we likely would have lengthened the holes by 20 or so feet each. Last year we had more aces and metals with the putter, but if you have had a chance to watch our video, I think this year we had far more close calls. For some, trying to power up a putter made them rather uncontrollable.

Why does it look like Ashleigh is being recordered by a creeper in the bushes? Lol I liked the look of the pyramid basket, it looked like a lot of fun.

I thought the same thing 'Creeper in the bushes' HA!

The Perth Ace Race was a joke...a putting contest with fairway drivers...and they had mulligans!?!

I know the ace race is a for-fun event to draw new players to the game, but that was just weak.

Even as a total noob that looks like it wouldnt be much fun.

And another video has surfaced!

Discraft Ace Race 2012 Irving Park Battle Creek, Michigan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXtghhGhJRQ

Nice, thanks Spooky :thmbup:

That was my first ever Ace Race event and it was a great time for sure. Hats off to Chad and his crew for a well organized event that went off without a hitch. These guys have been doing this for years and it showed, I will be back again next year for sure.

The turn out was so good they had to add 3 more holes to the 24 hole course. I think we ended up with 104 players when it was all said and done, 54 holes and we still got done in under 3 hours. :clap:

They had a wide variety of hole lengths that made it interesting. 40-50 foot holes with obstacles/trees in the way, some 200 foot holes to let you air it out a little, and a everything in between.

Really hard to see this thing going into production.

There are currently 266 Ace Races scheduled. If you average 25 players per Race (which is probably a low estimate), that means Discraft will have to distribute over 13,000 of these discs. In reality they are probably going to make 20,000-30,000 just for the Ace Race. I'd say that is production.

There are currently 266 Ace Races scheduled. If you average 25 players per Race (which is probably a low estimate), that means Discraft will have to distribute over 13,000 of these discs. In reality they are probably going to make 20,000-30,000 just for the Ace Race. I'd say that is production.

You can call it whatever you want :\ It's wedged between two of the flagship molds in the new Ti line, one of which is touted as the most popular disc in the world. It doesn't seem like a great idea to get attached to this thing. But, if you think it's the cat's pajamas, by all means throw the thing.

You can call it whatever you want :\ It's wedged between two of the flagship molds in the new Ti line, one of which is touted as the most popular disc in the world. It doesn't seem like a great idea to get attached to this thing. But, if you think it's the cat's pajamas, by all means throw the thing.

So would they even take the time to make the mold? It is really expensive.

BTW I personally would give up the "most popular disc" for its predecessor.

Last edited:
So would they even take the time to make the mold? It is really expensive.

BTW I personally would give up the "most popular disc" for its predecessor.

The Wasp? With how differently one can fly from the next you probably wouldn't have to.

Latest posts