• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

JRW III

Double Eagle Member
Any guesses on what this year's Ace Race disc is going to be? I would like to see Discraft show off their new Ti plastic and include one or two of those in the players pack this year.

This year is the 10th anniversary of the Discraft Ace Race. Below is a list of the previous nine discs.

2003: Breeze
2004: Glide
2005: Slipstream
2006: Meteor
2007: Impact
2008: Nebula (not in production)
2009: Focus
2010: Hornet
2011: Zeppelin (not in production)

FTFY
Any guesses on what this year's Ace Race disc is going to be? I would like to see Discraft show off their new Ti plastic and include one or two of those in the players pack this year.

This year is the 10th anniversary of the Discraft Ace Race. Below is a list of the previous nine discs.

2003: Breeze
2004: Glide
2005: Slipstream
2006: Meteor
2007: Impact
2008: Nebula (not in production)
2009: Focus
2010: Hornet
2011: Zeppelin (not in production)...yet

1) Since they've done a couple of mids and putters the last four years, I'm hoping for a somewhat overstable fairway driver.

2) Doubt they'll use Ti for Ace Race discs, and least not until they release them as production runs.

I heard that the reason they didn't produce the Nebula was some sort of glitch on the mold. I have a feeling they planned to release the Nebula. Why else would you bother naming it? Other than the Neb, they've released all the Ace Race discs as production discs.

Last edited:
I would like to see a fairway driver as well. Since a putter was used in 2 of the last 3 years, I do not think it will be a putter again.

While I think the players package has been very good in previous years, I am expecting it to be even better this year in celebration of the 10th year.

I would like to see Ti used, but not sure about how likely that would be.

Won't be Ti, that's only being used for the world champ discs.

Overstable fairway driver would be awesome.

Don't they set the ace race holes at 150-200',why would you want to throw a fairway driver at these distances?

They give different suggested distances based on the type of disc.

Don't they set the ace race holes at 150-200',why would you want to throw a fairway driver at these distances?

Discraft will recommend hole lengths based on the disc being used. For putters it's 150-200, but for a fairway driver, they'll be longer. Ultimately, the TD can use whatever course he wants.

Generally, they suggest 180 - 250 ft. TD's can change it based on the disc, players, etc...

For our 2010 Ace Race we had, the holes were to short for a good run with the Hornet.

A fairway driver may not be the best for the acutal Ace Race runs, but it is a disc I would like to see and potentially make the bag.

I want a Discraft verson of the XD but I bet it will be a fairwaydriver of some sort. I hope it is understable whatever it is.

I would love for discraft to release a new fairway mold,just don't think it would work well in an ace race,unless they added some d to the holes,but extending the holes will take away ace runs for the newer players,or noodle arms.

Long holes suck for ace races. I hope they keep it to a mid or putter. I will be making my holes even shorter than last year.

More Aces = More Fun!!!

Long holes suck for ace races. I hope they keep it to a mid or putter. I will be making my holes even shorter than last year.

More Aces = More Fun!!!

Agreed that's why a fairway driver isn't such a good idea for ace races. If you make the holes any shorter,it will be a jump putt contest

Agreed, the one I went to last year had no holes over 150'. Combine that with 25 holes, two throws per hole, two rounds and you had a ton of chances for the ace.

The one I went to last year had 30 holes with one throw per hole... I feel jipped now :(

Agreed that's why a fairway driver isn't such a good idea for ace races. If you make the holes any shorter,it will be a jump putt contest

Who cares if it is a jump putt contest. I will have some 80' holes at mine this year. I had no holes over 160' last year and a few right around 100' and we still only had 4 aces. I want like 10 or 15 this year...

Last year we had a couple 60 footers and an option to buy 6 mulligans per round. Yet I was the only one that managed to get multiple aces.

It's taken 4-5 aces to win the last three events I've been to, I had 4, 2 and 3.

Latest posts