• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

From a person who has forgotten more than I will ever know, I let him hold my prototypes and within a half second he declared them to be wider diameter Z XLs. If this happens to be the case, that would put its stability right between the Buzzz and Stalker, just as Discraft has been telling us. That also would mean that it would have a little more glide than the XL but also be a little more nose sensitive.

I then walked over to the Z XL bins and plucked one out to compare. The XL felt a little wider in the rim but was noticeable smaller in diameter. Comparing it to an XL would not have been my first impression, but I gave them to another person to feel and they totally bought into the idea that it was a modified XL.

We are going to be videoing our Ace Race tomorrow and one of the things I want to do is some open field throwing with some Buzzzes, XLs, and Stalkers.

Just took it out for some field testing. Was throwing mostly short holes (testing for the Ace Race) so most of my throws did not get up to full speed.

Overall I like the disc a lot. Very straight driver. Reminded me a lot of my TL. Did not get enough throws in to really rate it, but my initial thoughts are 6/5/0/1.

I'm stoked for my first ace race tomorrow @ the new lawrence inlow park course in Carmel,IN.
I wonder how many walk-ups there will be now that the discs & players pack have ben announced?

I have to wait till oct. 6 in granbury. I really wanted to get to veterans on the 18th but it's my wife's b-day. That makes it a no.

This plastic HAS to be something new. It looks like Z but feels like ESP.
As a LHBH I stay away from OS, but this thing is very easy to flex out.

Just threw it at the ace race..............Its not as stable as a buzz at high speeds (gets flippy quick)

and is definitely not as stable as a stalker........If I were to name it I would call it the stalker ss......just my thoughts. Somebody mentioned that it throws like a tl......I would agree in some ways, but I think it has more fade than a tl.........(I am referring to a 170ish newer star tl)

I wouldn't necessarily put it between a buzz and a stalker as it does not handle high speeds very well
I also don't like it because I only got 6 metals today and two splash outs.......0 aces.

So how many aces and metals are people getting? Seems silly to have an ace race with a driver, if they are playing 200-250 foot holes.

I've only played one Ace Race, last year, and there were few aces. It was actually kinda boring.

Today the winner at ours had 3 aces and 11 metal hits, lots of people with 2-3 aces. I'm not a huge fan of the disc, it's a little finnicky and nose angle sensitive, and didn't handle wind all that well.

I'm the wrong person to ask, I love the zeppelin but I know many people weren't able to successfully throw such a lid-like disc well.

All you guys who still want the ace race disc, pm me.....I have a yellow 164-166 that has never been thrown.

I'm the wrong person to ask, I love the zeppelin but I know many people weren't able to successfully throw such a lid-like disc well.

Yep, plenty of complaints at last year's Ace Race. It took me about ten holes to figure it out. I felt like joining in on the complaints, but remembered I was at the beginning of two 25 hole rounds. Figure this lid out!

It doesn't sound like to many people are digging it so far.

Yeah but its also a driver.....I dont really expect many people to like a driver on holes that are 150-200ft. If you look at the videos I posted they had their baskets around 100ft.

I would love to get to pick my disc up early to give it a whirl lol I played the course my ace race is going to be at the other day and I saw the ace race layout looks like it gonna be a slow day for aces.

I thought the zeppelin was a fantastic ace race disc, it's a disc you would normally use for those short shots, it would hold all kinds of fun lines, and it was easy for beginners who had beach frisbee experience to jump in and be successful. I had no sympathy for the power players who couldn't slow down and throw clean lines with it.

This year's disc is definitely not so beginner friendly, I saw some newer players struggling with it and didn't hear anyone that was excited about how the disc flew.

I thought the zeppelin was a fantastic ace race disc, it's a disc you would normally use for those short shots, it would hold all kinds of fun lines, and it was easy for beginners who had beach frisbee experience to jump in and be successful. I had no sympathy for the power players who couldn't slow down and throw clean lines with it.

This year's disc is definitely not so beginner friendly, I saw some newer players struggling with it and didn't hear anyone that was excited about how the disc flew.

Could you try to throw some numbers on the disc for us? Hows the glide, fade, etc....

Latest posts