• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 DGCR Flyboy Aviation Meetup

as for lost discs, i lost 1, a dx beast on 3, the same dx beast that cleared the lake when i last played there...

I managed to to play without the "Flyboy Tax" and didn't lose anything. Had we tried to play 25 in the rain, I would have. I did put one in the water onnnnn... the hole before Dammit. Luckily it was close enough to be seen and there was a large stick nearby.

Glad you guys enjoyed your visit, just wish I could've been there to share the experience. Thanks to Connor for being the adult supervision for the weekend. I will personally thank Wingers for taking care of y'all on the chow front. Hopefully next time, Lillian will be full-up again with breakfast and lunch at the ready for you guys.

I am truly sorry about all your lost discs, sacrificed on the field of battle. By design, the course will teach you the hard lessons you need to learn in order to be victorious next time. The greatest compliment I receive from golfers is that the Flyboy experience improved their game in some way. I will make a concerted effort to return your lost troopers to you (probably via Connor) as they are recovered in our ceaseless SAR efforts (the fighter pilot in me still comes out after all these years).

As always, any input from you guys on how to improve the FB "experience" is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Kelly

Playing Flyboy tomorrow! Enjoyed seeing the pics, and looking forward to seeing the video that was alluded to. FWIW, the pics of "hole 21" are actually of hole 20...unless the layout has been changed since the last time I was there.

Missing my chance to play flyboy next weekend, cause Kelly has family stuff going on, but I'm sure proud of him for keeping family first! A+ dude!

We know by now not to throw discs we aren't willing to lose at Flyboy. I go in knowing I'm gonna put a couple in the drink, just because I can't NOT go for the big carries -- my neanderthal brain gets in the way of my golf brain out there. Probably why I didn't shoot as well either.
Worst part of the weekend was not getting to see you, Kelly. And strange that we didn't see a single plane in the air all weekend, but the threat of weather probably had something to do with that.

Winggers guaranteed continued service from all of us. They were superb! Even got a free slice of delicious chocolate cake!

Wish I had good video of it, but one of the top shots of the weekend was Anthony's sweet anhyzer parkjob on Lefty's Revenge. Everyone else went forehand hyzer from what I saw on the weekend(except the lefties :hfive:). Big risk, big reward, and he nailed it.

Last edited:
Hope everyone's ok with showing water shots -- I think it's both important and entertaining :D

So far the audio will include Chromeo, Jack White, & Half Moon Run.

Hope everyone's ok with showing water shots -- I think it's both important and entertaining :D

So far the audio will include Chromeo, Jack White, & Half Moon Run.

I'm totally cool with it. I feel like every time I threw a bad shot, I would turn around and see you with the camera. So, I'm expecting to see a lot of my poor performances.

Now includes Zero 7 and much more editing done. More to be done tonight. Right meow it's at 12 minutes long, still some trimming left to do to smooth it out into a clean end product.

Are you saying 'meow'?

supertroopers600x450.jpg

I actually miss all you guys so much :(.

We shall all be reunited soon enough!

Thanks Bennet! That has become my favorite shot recently. Just about all I can throw but it's quite fun. I agree with Connor though, we need more Flyboy time.

I still want to do a quick weekend at N GA Canopy, should be able to get all players there, save for Hammer and crab.

Latest posts