• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Memorial Championship

The memorial is such a great tournament. with the general openess of the course it is really easy to film and disc golf planet does such a great job streaming the video. i can't wait to watch this years. I wonder if anyone will get hit again this year on film? i was watching 2010? when barry hits the old dude by the road and then was watching live last year when double G opened up the spotters head on the second hole(?) never a dull moment at this event!

For limited or special release stuff as well?

Sometimes. They sell used discs as well. Occasionally you can score some good stuff from there. They will be having a fly mart the day before the tournament starts.

Is there something specific you are looking for? I will most likely be stopping by tomorrow.

Is there something specific you are looking for? I will most likely be stopping by tomorrow.

Nope. Just curious. I have some family in Fountain Hills and was thinking about making the trip to watch some of the tournament. If I end up down there I want to have an idea where to cop plastic to commemorate the trip.

Nope. Just curious. I have some family in Fountain Hills and was thinking about making the trip to watch some of the tournament. If I end up down there I want to have an idea where to cop plastic to commemorate the trip.

Gotcha. In years past, some of the vendors like Dynamic Discs and LS Discs have setup booths on hole 1 at Fountain Hills. I have found good stuff there.

Gotcha. In years past, some of the vendors like Dynamic Discs and LS Discs have setup booths on hole 1 at Fountain Hills. I have found good stuff there.

Cool, that's what I was wondering. Just booked a flight this afternoon, so it looks like I'm locked in.

During tournaments days, are those courses basically off-limits to non-participants? I definitely want to get some golf in while I'm down there, but realize I might have to look elsewhere beyond FH and VDC.

Cool, that's what I was wondering. Just booked a flight this afternoon, so it looks like I'm locked in.

During tournaments days, are those courses basically off-limits to non-participants? I definitely want to get some golf in while I'm down there, but realize I might have to look elsewhere beyond FH and VDC.

Pretty much, yes. You are free to spectate, but the courses will be closed for use the majority of the day. You may have some luck in the late afternoon, though.

Cool. Any suggestions on other courses while I'm down there?

Depends on how much driving you want to do. If you don't mind driving over an hour, I would highly recommend Marana Rock. That course is absolutely fantastic. Other than that, I would say Moeur Park (aka Papago), and Buffalo Ridge. All three of those courses are unique in that they are desert courses, so probably not what you are accustomed to seeing. We have three new courses going in as we speak in Mesa, but I'm not sure if they will be complete in time for the tournament.

Super. Thanks for the info. I've played Buffalo Ridge and had a good time there. Certainly a change of pace from what I'm used to in the Midwest. I'll have to take a look at Marana to see if I can swing a trip down there.

Is it at Vista or Fountain Hills on Saturday? That's the only day I may be able to make it out there. I'm really excited because I've never been to a tournament.

Latest posts