• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Memorial Championship

I just registered as well, its my first NT event yay, even though im playing AM. Figured i should start my pro career at a smaller local tourney, all u pros.....consider yourself lucky lol

:rolleyes:

Same here.
Flying in from Denver so I hope it's dumping snow when I leave.
So jacked to throw some of those shots I've seen a million times on the computer.
How many yrs. you been in Mesa?

I've lived in Mesa on and off, but have lived in the Phx area since I was a kid. That sounds awesome that you are flying in.. I've always had to work during the memorial, but I end up heading out there and spotting or helping in some way. This year I finally get to play. I play Scottsdale all the time and occasionally get out to the Fountain. What division are you playing in?

I'll be playing Open.
I've been a lifelong 950-970 golfer who throws up an 1000+ round usually once a tourney, so I'm hoping I can make the cut and play on Sat.

I first played disc down at Santa Cruz River Park in Tucson back in 97' so I'm stoked for my first AZ tourney.

Is your Brother giving you crap for not playing Open with him?

Last edited:
Is your Brother giving you crap for not playing Open with him?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've been called a sandbagger ever since my first tournament. I played DG for 3 weeks and played REC at a Halloween tournament.. won by 5 strokes and was hooked into competitive play ever since.

My brother and I usually battle pretty well. He has me in distance, but I'm a better putter. The Memorial will be my last AM tournament. My brother as well as many of the local pro's, even Paul Ulibarri give me **** about moving up on a regular basis.

Good luck man. The courses are even better than they look on the internet feed!

I feel ya man.
Being a lifelong 950-970 player w/ out a backhand or much distance has hindered my play in Open, but I have taken the money and am never looking back now. Just need to learn a consistent 300-350ft. backhand in 2 months before the tourney.

Yeah I've been called a sandbagger ever since my first tournament. I played DG for 3 weeks and played REC at a Halloween tournament.. won by 5 strokes and was hooked into competitive play ever since.

My brother and I usually battle pretty well. He has me in distance, but I'm a better putter. The Memorial will be my last AM tournament. My brother as well as many of the local pro's, even Paul Ulibarri give me **** about moving up on a regular basis.

Good luck man. The courses are even better than they look on the internet feed!

That's typical of Arizona golf from what I hear. Around here you'd be an average Advanced player with your rating. My buddy moved to AZ a year or two ago playing 960-970 golf and immediately won advanced in an A-tier because everyone else moved up early. He was ridiculed for playing advanced and is now constantly pressured to play open. He plays less tournaments now as a result because he's broke, open is more expensive to play, and he doesn't plan on accepting cash because if he ever comes back out here there's no way he'll be competitive in open.

NO CHILI'S:wall:

Also no good luck charm for you as scoreboard holder and cheerleader as I will be missing my first Bob West / Memorial Event since 1999.
I am not playing much anymore (only Vegas twice and my 2 Events plus 2 other GA Events in 2013 after only playing 10 last year - when I had been playing 30-40+ every year since 2003.

Time for me to spend time travelling with my wife and almost 16 year old daughter as well as running Events and working on courses.

My only regret is not being able to talk to Ginnelly personally to give him my regards over Sue.

Keith

PS...Hope you win your 3rd in a row!!

That's typical of Arizona golf from what I hear. Around here you'd be an average Advanced player with your rating. My buddy moved to AZ a year or two ago playing 960-970 golf and immediately won advanced in an A-tier because everyone else moved up early. He was ridiculed for playing advanced and is now constantly pressured to play open. He plays less tournaments now as a result because he's broke, open is more expensive to play, and he doesn't plan on accepting cash because if he ever comes back out here there's no way he'll be competitive in open.

Mike B.?

AZ has been catching up in the AM world recently. I feel it has become pretty competitive in the last couple years. Eli won AM1 last year at The Memorial.. He's from Mesa baby!

That would be him.

I played with him once or twice in Tucson. Nice dude with a really long side arm drive. He is also the first person I have ever seen smoke a cigarette with a dip in his mouth. That was impressive.

I wonder what will be in the players pack for us AMs. Nothing special (that we know of) is said to come out. At least I haven't heard anything new from DC.

Can't think of a Memorial in recent yrs that will have as much hype as this one.
Considering the supposed new ESN network that will air a segment on TV, and all the hoopla surrounding all the new companies and players switching sponsors.

I wonder if Greenwell will continue to broadcast for dgptv, or if they will view his part owner status of Prodigy as a conflict of interest?

I'll just be stoked to be in the sun, hucking plastic and smiling.

If the Prodigy discs are that good, I'm thinking Greenwell will be going for the Open title...;)

Latest posts