• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Memorial Championship

The Hammer

* Ace Member *
Registration opens at 12pm on 12/12/12. All players are required to have a 2013 PDGA membership. Additionally, anyone registering to play open must take and pass the officials exam.

Are you talking about what they will be giving in the Am players packs? If so, I usually don't find out until January or February.

Registration is open.

Boy, its really expensive to play as a pro. Less that half as expensive to play as an AM, plus you get a players pack which I always sold to get most of my registration money back. I also have to take extra time off work as it is a 4-day event (Wed-Sat) as opposed to the 3-day for the Ams.

<end rant>

Good news is that I got my first sponsor to help offset the cost. :D

It's a 4 day tournament if you make the cut Sunday. Otherwise you'll be watching with the Ams, without a player pack, and without a payout. That sucks.

It's a 4 day tournament if you make the cut Sunday. Otherwise you'll be watching with the Ams, without a player pack, and without a payout. That sucks.

Actually, no one plays on Sunday. The last day of the tournament is Saturday. However, I was thinking about the "cut-day" yesterday. At first, I thought it was kinda stupid, but now I'm thinking that if I'm playing so poorly to not even be in the top 50%, then I'll probably be so frustrated that I don't even want to play.

My bad, I knew Saturday was off.
I guess if you're playing poorly, having the last day off would be nice, but don't you think of it as a paid for rated round you're not getting to play?

I understand the cut will allow the top cards to play at a better time, however, I would have liked to see an additional 9 added for the leaders.

My bad, I knew Saturday was off.
I guess if you're playing poorly, having the last day off would be nice, but don't you think of it as a paid for rated round you're not getting to play?

It may bother some people. But, I personally don't care too much about "getting rated rounds". I'm play every year for the competition, the chance to play against some guys that I normally don't, and the shot at winning some cash. I do see where you are coming from, though. I may talk to the TD about the idea of doing a final nine in the future.

Just reg'd for this baby! There's a good group of us working on getting down there!

Nice. Am or pro?

Do you know Mitch Winters? I know he is in MN, perhaps you are planning a trip with him? I played with him on the second card of the last round last year. That bastard beat me by 3. Regardless, he was fun to play with.

We should try to get a DGCR round in a day or two before the tournament starts.

If you pick the course and time, im sure we'll have a couple groups. Perfect time for a meet and greet.

Nice. Am or pro?

Do you know Mitch Winters? I know he is in MN, perhaps you are planning a trip with him? I played with him on the second card of the last round last year. That bastard beat me by 3. Regardless, he was fun to play with.

Mitch might be coming down with a buddy of mine from Michigan again this year. I plan to actually play this year also seeing as I've just passed one year at the job that prevented me from playing last year, sob's.

Are you playing Pro this year Stearns?

Mitch might be coming down with a buddy of mine from Michigan again this year. I plan to actually play this year also seeing as I've just passed one year at the job that prevented me from playing last year, sob's.

Are you playing Pro this year Stearns?

Yeah, I just registered the other day.

Nice. Am or pro?

Playing Am. Was thinking about playing Pro for the experience, but even with someone paying my entry I decided not to. I'll save it for the Majestic this summer. I have no clue who Mitch Winters is, never even heard of him.

We've got 8 of us sharing a house for the week. Was talking with Ross Brandt and it sounded like Barsby wanted to crash with us possibly too.

Registered!

Got a few of us heading down from Colorado. Yay, thick air and flippy plastic!!!

Not gonna be able to pull it off again this year. Between the money and all the time Ill have to take off work it just won't work this time. I'm going to try and make the Gentlemans Club Challenge Pro weekend the week before in Vegas though. Crossing my fingers.