• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Memorial Championship

Let's get this baby back to the top.

Hammer,

I found it shocking to watch Wysocki continue to go OB on that hole at Vista where took like a 10 or something. Is it really that narrow or what was the deal?

I've spectated the final round of the Memorial a year ago, and was surprised at the amount of people there! Does Vista see that many people spectating? Or was it because of the Final round (top card) that there were so many people at Fountain Hills? Just wondering, because I'd really like to spectate a round @ Vista, and I think I might just watch the AMs when they play there.

I've spectated the final round of the Memorial a year ago, and was surprised at the amount of people there! Does Vista see that many people spectating? Or was it because of the Final round (top card) that there were so many people at Fountain Hills? Just wondering, because I'd really like to spectate a round @ Vista, and I think I might just watch the AMs when they play there.

Final rounds at majors always draw big crowds. There's hardly anyone on the courses during regular play. You should have no problem spectating towards the beginning/middle of the tournament. Even the last (but not final) round should be fine.

Hammer,

I found it shocking to watch Wysocki continue to go OB on that hole at Vista where took like a 10 or something. Is it really that narrow or what was the deal?

It's a combination of factors usually. The sidearm or turnover line is pretty open, but it is long and uphill with a ton of OB. Additionally, the wind is always swirling and wrecking havoc on shots. The wind direction you feel on the tee is usually different than out over the water. The RHBH line is really tight. Unless it is dead calm, I will probably be playing for 3.

Yeah, the crowds at Vista are typically smaller, espscially during the week.

It's a combination of factors usually. The sidearm or turnover line is pretty open, but it is long and uphill with a ton of OB. Additionally, the wind is always swirling and wrecking havoc on shots. The wind direction you feel on the tee is usually different than out over the water. The RHBH line is really tight. Unless it is dead calm, I will probably be playing for 3.

No this was a hole with no water where he was over by a brown wall by some houses, and the ob line seemed to parallel the wall on his right. Looked like he could have played something stable and had it finish left and be safe but he went ob 3-4 times?

No this was a hole with no water where he was over by a brown wall by some houses, and the ob line seemed to parallel the wall on his right. Looked like he could have played something stable and had it finish left and be safe but he went ob 3-4 times?

Oh, I thought you were talking about the dam hole. I think you are thinking hole 6, the first par 4. That one isn't very hard. The ob lines are a little narrow but not bad. Most open players should expect to birdie.

Yeah it is. That's what I thought, he looked to be playing the stubborn route.:confused:

We all "Tin Cup" from time to time. I am so proud of myself for throwing backwards to the fairway in a tourney sunday (from a HORRIBLE DEEP in the woods lie) probably saved my 3rd place by that shot, despite taking a 6 on the hole. Easily could have been an 8+

Anyone know if they are going to stream this on the Disc Golf Planet channel on livestream.com?

Doss was leading the 2011 memorial and took a 3xOB 8 on hole 1 at fountain. that was interesting to watch.

Watching that "through the magic of the interwebz" as Crazy would say definately ranks up there as one of the more shocking moments I've seen in a while.

Hammer,

Anybody have a link to this footage?

So being the half cripple that I am with a deteriorating shoulder I am wondering if any of you Phoenix locals know of a cart rig I could borrow or rent during the Memorial this year?
I don't want to fly with something I rig up in CO, and would rather not have to hit up a pawn shop when I get in town to rig something up.
I could trade you some plastic or kick some cash your way for your efforts.
Thanks