• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Deep In The Game US Tour Thread

JTacoma03

* Ace Member *
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to create an official thread for all of the Deep In The Game Tour-related information, questions, etc.

I'm helping to coordinate the clinic for Baton Rouge, Louisiana on Saturday, March 29th @ Highland Road Park. Here's more info, a registration link, and the facebook group. For my specific event.

This clinic tour is an exceptional resource to develop your game, so if one is coming to a course near you do your game a favor and register early! I can personally attest to the instruction, it sparked tremendous improvements in my own game. Limited edition Discmania and Deep In The Game gear will be available for purchase as well!

The tour itself starts in Phoenix after the Memorial NT, and goes eastward throughout the south turning around at the Collegiate Nationals weekend, and then swinging back West on a more northern trajectory until landing at the Masters Cup in Santa Cruz.

I'll be on the road for part of it, and we'll be making videos to supplement clinic instruction, so the education and improvements are ongoing! Also, around this time the 2-part video series with Avery will have dropped on SpinTV!

This whole post is me speaking candidly to all of you. I make $0 off of these clinics and I am not an employee of Innova or Discmania. I'm coordinating Louisiana because it's my home state and I love it and want to see good things happen in the disc golf scene there.

So help me spread the word! If there are any questions I'll try my best to answer them, or I'll find out the answer from someone who does know.

I saw the map and the tour line went thru MS. The Tour have a stop planned in my home state?

There are tentative plans to add clinics on the route from Louisiana to Kentucky. What would help cement those plans is if a local club, pro shop, etc. can step up and help with coordination on the local level (basically what I'm doing for Baton Rouge - organizing and promoting locally). If you or someone you know can help in that aspect, I'd get in touch with Avery directly ([email protected]), as he is in control of the tour stops.

I'll be looking forward to it. It's not too far from my East Tx location.

Definitely. Both Dallas and Houston are on the schedule! Hope to see you there!

Nothing for Illinois. Bummer

There is an open gap between the Louisville, KY and KC, MO dates - encourage your local club to organize and speak with Avery about a stop. The goal is to go where there is a demand, and teach people that want hands-on instruction, quality information, and a supportive pressure-free environment that promotes everybody learning and growing in the game.

Definitely. Both Dallas and Houston are on the schedule! Hope to see you there!

There is an open gap between the Louisville, KY and KC, MO dates - encourage your local club to organize and speak with Avery about a stop. The goal is to go where there is a demand, and teach people that want hands-on instruction, quality information, and a supportive pressure-free environment that promotes everybody learning and growing in the game.

Thanks JTacoma03, I'll have our club officers look into it.

I sent Avery and email and asked for a Tuscaloosa stop. Our best course is right off I-20 and would be a great stop between Baton Rouge and getting to I-65 to go to KY.
PM me for contact info

If he plans on playing the NT in Rochester, NY (9/5-9/7) I'll bring it up to our local club to see if there is interest.

Interesting that the location of the original deep in the game videos wouldn't be on the tour schedule (La Mirada , Ca)

Interesting that the location of the original deep in the game videos wouldn't be on the tour schedule (La Mirada , Ca)

La Mirada gets enough attention already, quit hogging the spotlight ;)

Only kidding! We did just film another video using La Mirada and Prado though, so check that out coming next month or so.

I'm tempted to swing the the Ky part of the tour to check things out, but I'm still undecided.

If you're referencing Bowling Green Ams Weekend you definitely should! It's both an awesome tournament AND a tour stop, so double your fun!

Where are you guys going to be at this weekend? I have a buddy that was so jealous I saw you guys filming at la Mirada, because he wants to meet Simon and watch him throw.

It's really hard to get tournaments at la Mirada because it's a public park that has a lot more uses than just disc golf. It's thousands of dollars to shut the park down, or so I was told was the reason we don't have any large tournaments anymore. (Shrug)

Where are you guys going to be at this weekend? I have a buddy that was so jealous I saw you guys filming at la Mirada, because he wants to meet Simon and watch him throw.

I'm based out of SF so I was just down for that weekend filming. :\

Depending on where this is in Atlanta, I would definitely go. Crossing fingers for the southside.