• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Glass Blown Open

I'm game. That tourney was a blast and everyone should want to do it again....and again

women have it tough in disc golf. the prize for the first place was only 600. second place was 350 and third is 150. how the hell are they even supposed to get around tourny to tourny on that? plus entrance fees.

just an observation. i understand not as many enter, so the prize pool is smaller. but damm...

I've always said that FPO should make more than any division besides MPO.

When (or more accurately if) the gals start getting the numbers, they probably will. As it stands...

Open - 64 entrants - $11,639 purse - $181.86 per entrant
Open Women - 10 entrants - $1,200 purse - $120 per entrant
Pro Masters - 24 entrants - $3,040 purse - $126.67 per entrant
Pro Grandmasters - 11 entrants - $1,376 purse - $125.09 per entrant

And I can't recall, but I think the open men had a higher entry than the age/gender restricted pro divisions did.

That's because the 8-9000 # were reserved for INT'L players years ago...sorry to burst your bubble - he probably wasn't even born when they would have been to those numbers if not set aside...10000 was in 1995 and 7000's were in the 1993ish range...

Simon's father got him a PDGA number when he was very young. Might have been around 1993...

This tourney always looks awesome, but this year looked really fun (maybe due to the lack of the normal Kansas galeforce winds?)

I'm hoping I can play it in next year!

That's because the 8-9000 # were reserved for INT'L players years ago...sorry to burst your bubble - he probably wasn't even born when they would have been to those numbers if not set aside...10000 was in 1995 and 7000's were in the 1993ish range...

Thanks for the info. I had no idea. I wondered why it was so low. Thought maybe he had it at birth or something.

This tourney always looks awesome, but this year looked really fun (maybe due to the lack of the normal Kansas galeforce winds?)

I'm hoping I can play it in next year!

The weather was perfect each day. Only a little bit of wind and slightly hot temps on Sunday afternoon. Still not the kind of wind that everyone player shouldn't be used to. Was a great decision to move it back a few weeks. All of april was kind of cold and extremely windy. Then the week of the tournament it just magically changed to warm and calm. Worked out great. Lot of great new things like player question and answer, personal hot stamping of tourney disc, and like always the player pack and block party just make it a can't miss event. I was happy to meet a lot of new people and see everyone I already know from tournaments past. I didn't miss having the municipal course at all. The 20 hole monkey island tournament layout at Peter Pan is more than sufficient for a challenge. Gives a nice contrast to the more open and long other courses.

Bobby has a ton of video work to do, on top of what he was doing all week.

Johnathan Gomez, and his partner, worked all weekend to get you guys those lead card videos fast.

You want to see more of that stuff? Support the media guys, they traveled 9 hours, one way, to do those videos for Bobby. It was fun for me to follow the second card, and video the putting competition from the players view. Gets tough when the crowd gets excited and you can't squeeze through though.

Being on the second card is my preference these days, the gallery isn't in my way, and the pros are very camera friendly.

Well, most of them are, a couple just don't like anything around them it seems. Got to meet a lot of new faces, and some friends, and was impressed on how nice most of the pros were.

Hats off to the DD family, all of them. Really appreciate seeing those guys operate.

Dana on the lead card with the lowest PDGA#?

koling -13
feldberg -12
lizotte -11

8 others -8

Hah. Not sure their method of of determining who was on which card via the tiebreaker (previous round teetime? cause it def wasn't PDGA # or alphabetical). Can't blame em for putting McBeth on there instead of me. All I can say is I enjoyed myself on the 3rd card w/ Uli, Cale and Miles.

DD/Emporia put on a heck of an event! I'd chalk this one up as can't miss.

Hah. Not sure their method of of determining who was on which card via the tiebreaker (previous round teetime? cause it def wasn't PDGA # or alphabetical). Can't blame em for putting McBeth on there instead of me. All I can say is I enjoyed myself on the 3rd card w/ Uli, Cale and Miles.

It's supposed to be last name, alphabetically. Matt House got overlooked and put on the second card.

I don't know how the PDGA Tournament Manager sorts ties, but it NEVER agrees with my event leader boards. I think Paul stayed on the lead card, because he was technically on the lead card in the first round. Most TD's use alphabetical order or PDGA number to break ties.

Again, once you input results into the Tournament Manager, the PDGA sorting is very different. It does not appear to be alphabetical or by PDGA number.

there are actual rules/guidelines/suggestions...

Guidelines and suggestions are pretty close to similar but actual rules are much different. I'm pretty sure it's discretionary but if you know of a rule that the TD is supposed to follow that would be interesting to know.

If only there was a way to look at the actual rules to see what they say about breaking ties for the sake of organizing playing groups. Oh wait, there is.

A. Between rounds when the groups are being reset, tied positions shall be broken. The player with the lowest score in the most recent round shall have the highest ranking when the scorecards/positions are reset. In the event of ties for lowest score across all previous rounds, the ties shall be broken by the Tournament Director through a consistently applied manner such as lowest PDGA number or alphabetical by last name.

If only there was a way to look at the actual rules to see what they say about breaking ties for the sake of organizing playing groups. Oh wait, there is.

So then as long as the manner is consistent it's at the discretion of a TD to do so how they choose. Like overall ranking or anything else.

Left immediately after the awards ceremony and just got home an hour ago. Great tourney. Goodnight.

Latest posts