• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

The Barellas'(sp?)- more specifically: Patrick made something similar down here in PhX. Great for manicured grass courses I'd imagine... literally, I have to imagine such things... in Prescott it would require a mule team to pull one of those things over the terrain we have up here.

At 3:44 Leiviska has a cart I'd to check out. Anyone know where I can find one of those? Looks like a simple tool box with wheels but I can't seem to find anything like it anywhere...
-Dave
It seems like kind of a Minnesota thing. I've seen a couple others out at BRP and I believe Alex Geisinger (sp?) was also using one during the Majestic.

Anybody that can link one would be a hero.

At 3:44 Leiviska has a cart I'd to check out. Anyone know where I can find one of those? Looks like a simple tool box with wheels but I can't seem to find anything like it anywhere...

-Dave

It seems like kind of a Minnesota thing. I've seen a couple others out at BRP and I believe Alex Geisinger (sp?) was also using one during the Majestic.

Anybody that can link one would be a hero.

They are similar to Go Carts that are available at Gotta Go Gotta Throw.

http://www.gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/go-cart-p-1689.html

Last edited:
I see a lot of guys locally convert coolers/storage containers into carts. Not a difficult task. Just bolt a handle to the box, add an axle and get some wheels. In Minnesota the wheels are readily available since GGGT sells replacement wheels for the GoCart. It's pretty easy to make a home brew cart.

I have seen other carts in MN that are very similar to the GoCart but instead of just a frame that you strap a bag to, these actually have a bag built around the frame. Very sturdy carts that look to be well made. The price I heard on those is in the $400-500 range.

oops too late to edit.

I think the GoCarts seem like a cheaper and less rugged setup than what Cale and some of the other MN guys are using.

If they are custom built... it seems like they are all coming from the same person or crew of people. They all seem very similar - Plastic possibly waterproof tool/cargo box, big off road wheels, long-ass pole/handle.

-Dave

If you look at some of the larger cart threads, I believe the link to them has been posted.

I really enjoyed this video. It shows you how hard Blue Valley is and how even the top guns can get frustrated during a round.

All those guys(minus Cale) were eating 'grumble cakes' as my gran would say. At one point I think I can hear Dave complain about water running somewhere. Meanwhile Cale 'the Smiling Budha' Leviski is throwing shots in-between(and during?) a quasi-fashion shoot/parade held in his honor. I could be projecting a little.

All those guys(minus Cale) were eating 'grumble cakes' as my gran would say. At one point I think I can hear Dave complain about water running somewhere. Meanwhile Cale 'the Smiling Budha' Leviski is throwing shots in-between(and during?) a quasi-fashion shoot/parade held in his honor. I could be projecting a little.

I don't think Dave was complaining about the running water, just trying to figure out what the sound was.

There's a little mini-waterpark at the top of the hill, and all of the water comes crashing out of this pipe right by #16s fairway. In Dave's defense, it really is pretty loud.

prodigy sure does have a lot of top place finishes

Honestly, I don't think brand matters much. The top pros could still win with any bag. If you gave McBeth a week to transition to all Discraft, he'd still be the man to beat. If anything, I would say that Prodigy has hindered some of their players. Ricky couldn't find a Prodigy driver that he liked to flick for a long time, and he was still using KC Pro Aviars in Texas because he wasn't comfortable with their putters. Schusterick hasn't been playing too well lately, but I'm not really sure if it's due to the plastic he's using or something else.

TL;DR: It's the archer, not the arrow.

yea i have also noticed that schusterick has not had many big wins since switching to prodigy. waiting for that to happen, maybe at usdgc ;)

Honestly, I don't think brand matters much. The top pros could still win with any bag. If you gave McBeth a week to transition to all Discraft, he'd still be the man to beat. If anything, I would say that Prodigy has hindered some of their players. Ricky couldn't find a Prodigy driver that he liked to flick for a long time, and he was still using KC Pro Aviars in Texas because he wasn't comfortable with their putters. Schusterick hasn't been playing too well lately, but I'm not really sure if it's due to the plastic he's using or something else.

TL;DR: It's the archer, not the arrow.

Don't want to derail the post, but I respectfully disagree.
If McBeth switched disc brands, I think it would take somewhat longer than a week to aclimate to the new discs. According to Michael Johansen, it took almost a year to get comfortable with the new discs when he switched to Discraft.
Besides, when Paul (or anyone else) is only winning by a few strokes, even a small disruption can cost them the tourney.
Think of it like this:
4 rounds times 50 (average score) = 200 (give or take)
If my new discs throw me off by just 2% (conservative, I think) then I lose 4 strokes to the field. Not many majors or NT's are won by more than 4 strokes.
Think about it.

Latest posts