• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

New013

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Last years thread was awesome so we're doing it again. Keep up the cause by scouring the web for disc golf tourney vids and posting them here for our viewing pleasures.

Now I have no idea how long it might take for an actual vid to come out so feel free to discuss what possible vids you are most excited about this year.

Still waiting on MurderMike's Basket Assassins video that he's been working on most of this winter ;) Should be out soon I think.

this year id like to see film crews split up a bit. while i understand most people want to see the lead card whats the point in two crews filming the same card. more recently we saw the final rounds, NC, filmed by two separate crews. its somewhat unfortunate because we could have had the pleasure of viewing say the top 2 cards of the last round instead of the same footage of the top card by two different people. i know, in a perfect world...it was still an awesome year of viewing

Just for you!

this year id like to see film crews split up a bit. while i understand most people want to see the lead card whats the point in two crews filming the same card. more recently we saw the final rounds, NC, filmed by two separate crews. its somewhat unfortunate because we could have had the pleasure of viewing say the top 2 cards of the last round instead of the same footage of the top card by two different people. i know, in a perfect world...it was still an awesome year of viewing
I feel the same way. Nowadays it seems like everybody & their mother has a video camera & will be filming the top card. I always try to find an interesting card farther down in the order.
** I do this just for you, my faithful viewing audience! Hatchet Harry Films inc. :D

I feel the same way. Nowadays it seems like everybody & their mother has a video camera & will be filming the top card. I always try to find an interesting card farther down in the order.
** I do this just for you, my faithful viewing audience! Hatchet Harry Films inc. :D

great minds right:hfive: , thanks for your contributions

My favorite videos from last year were the Hall of Fame Classic vids. I just love those couses, and I felt they filmed well too. I hope McFly goes back this year and comes out with more footage.

published Jan 1st, 2014 ... or does the tourney have to be from 2014? either way, here's something to watch in 2014 ...

Loved the 2013 thread, cant wait for this years!

Here are a couple of the things I liked best and would like to see more:
1. Identify the disc being used before each throw. ( I understand this is hard to do, but love it when its done)
2. Show a picture of the map of the hole in between each hole.
3. On tee box, as they throw, list the players name. Sometimes takes me while to figure out who is who.
4. LOVE when there is two cameras, 1st shot is from the tee box, then before disc lands, screen switches to the second camera nearer the basket.
5. Arrow pointing to pin with a freeze frame of the first guy teeing off. Like CCDG does. Really helps when you dont know the course, as then I like to figure out what shot I would use, then compare that to what is being thrown.

Im an addict to watching these videos and want to say a BIG thanks to all of you who put your time and effort into making them!!

I just want to re-state that YOU ARE MY HERO for filmng McBeth's last round at the USDGC.
Thank you so much!

I should have Santa Maria open part 3 done by the end of the weekend. I'm also planning on doing some commentary work for lcgm8 this weekend (Copenhagen open) so expect those soon. Thanks for watching and all the love guys!

Ian/CCDG

I should have Santa Maria open part 3 done by the end of the weekend. I'm also planning on doing some commentary work for lcgm8 this weekend (Copenhagen open) so expect those soon. Thanks for watching and all the love guys!

Ian/CCDG

Yes!!!!!

Ian/CCDG

There is a part 3? Awesome! Some of your best coverage IMO. Loved having Peter McBribe as the guest Pro.

I really hope CCDG puts out more videos this year. They provide entertaining commentary that really helps when you are watching a boring hole. I would like to see commentary on some of the other high quality videos as well.

There is a part 3? Awesome! Some of your best coverage IMO. Loved having Peter McBribe as the guest Pro.

Thanks man! I totally agree. Kevin got some great angles for the 2nd camera. I just wish Youtube supported the 1080/60p we shot in, it looks so smooth.

There is a part 3 and a part 4! Peter was there for 3 and 4 as well too. Can't say enough nice things about Peter, a super nice kid. With the talent and mental game to go far.

I really hope CCDG puts out more videos this year. They provide entertaining commentary that really helps when you are watching a boring hole. I would like to see commentary on some of the other high quality videos as well.

We definitely will, and thanks a ton! I've offered to do commentary for other vids, but so far Juha/lcgm8 is the only one who's taken me up on it. I don't think Marty likes commentary. I think he should release 2 versions, 1 w/ and 1 w/o, but I guess he doesn't want to. I have a hard time watching disc golf w/o commentary. I get bored.

As far as upcoming stuff we've already got the San Diego Open filmed (Mcbeth, Philo, McBride, Nichols, and Rico at Kit Carson, 22 holes), as well as the NorCal Series Championships at Pinto lake thanks to Kevin and Tim (100Birds2Squirrels). I just need to edit them before my next trip north so I can bang out some commentaries with Kevin and hopefully Tim too.

I love your videos Ian but I had always hoped Billy Crump would do the commentary on any of Marty's videos. I'm a NC boy though...

I like commentary if it gives insight. I'm not a fan of useless rambling and pointing out the obvious. CCDG I feel gives insightful commentary. They talk about the pros disc selection from time to time, and just the course in general.