• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

SWEET! more new footage to watch on copenhagen tonight before bed! Copenhagen is one of my favorite courses to watch, and the field in this years open was incredible.:clap::clap:

- Id def pay to get access to tourney footage before youtube and i KNOW a ton of other people on here would too. Have you ever thought about incorporating youself with Itunes and creating a store for Central coast disc golf and all your videos for people to buy or rent thru itunes? this concept just popped into my head when i was thinking how ski film companies get their films to the masses. and all the major film companies right now have their stuff available in itunes. Its a thought!

Great idea man! I'll check into this. Thanks!

Stoked for all the upcoming stuff from you guys. central coast vids are always my favorite to watch. it feels like im sitting down with a few buddies watching a round when i listen to your commentary. its a nice change from crazy john brooks... lol

Thanks so much! I kinda think of you guys the same way. Invisible friends I'm trying to help keep up with the action, and explain where the video falls short. :)

around 13:00 isn't that illegal how devan pushed his disc down and then put a mini in front of it? I understand it's a drop in and I wouldn't call him, just technically speaking, wouldn't that be a stance violation?

around 13:00 isn't that illegal how devan pushed his disc down and then put a mini in front of it? I understand it's a drop in and I wouldn't call him, just technically speaking, wouldn't that be a stance violation?

I believe you are correct

Yes it is a complete violation of the rules and why wouldn't you call him? Think of all the little ways that you can get penalized in ball golf. If you move grass that causes your ball to move you are penalized. If we want disc to ever be taken seriously this kind of thing needs to be called. I don't think Devan was trying to cheat or anything like that. I'm sure it's one of those things that was never really thought about. However they way he did it was against the rules and therefore should be penalized.

Frankly, I like that your card mates have to call you out, and the call must be seconded. Much more civilized.

Frankly, I like that your card mates have to call you out, and the call must be seconded. Much more civilized.

This is what causes more problems then anything. The fact that we have to call each other instead of being honorable like ball golf and calling yourself. There are occasions when the officials call out penalties, but I can't recall one where it was something intentional.

Everyone needs to do a better job understanding the rules and playing by them and many problems go away.

**if you were being sarcastic my bad :) But sentiment is still the same. It sucks that we have to call and "watch" our competitors instead of being able to focus on our own game.

Everyone needs to do a better job understanding the rules and playing by them and many problems go away.

It sucks that we have to call and "watch" our competitors instead of being able to focus on our own game.

I agree completely. However, we can't have it both ways. On one hand, we want everybody and their pet hamster to come play our tournaments but we don't take half a second to see if they know the rules. Then on the other hand, we want everybody to police each other?

Having officials call all the violations is pure fantasy, considering USDGC officials don't know the rules perfectly (I've heard stories from credible sources).

This sport is in the unfortunate position right now where we need to ask players to be honest, but at the same time need to empower card mates to call violations. As much as a lot of us want it to be, disc golf isn't as gentlemanly as golf and we're left to debate crap like this.

This is what causes more problems then anything. The fact that we have to call each other instead of being honorable like ball golf and calling yourself. There are occasions when the officials call out penalties, but I can't recall one where it was something intentional.

**if you were being sarcastic my bad :) But sentiment is still the same. It sucks that we have to call and "watch" our competitors instead of being able to focus on our own game.

Yea there are plenty of people out there that look at being able to call people out as a way to get into someones head. Ive played with people before that will call out people for violations that they did not make just so they can make that person second guess themselves.

I agree
step 1 would be if people STFU during players meetings to listen to OB's, and special conditions. Had a situation in a tournament recently where a guy in another group threw his disc across a creek and across our fairway, a situation on a specific hole that was discussed at the players meeting as being OB, but the group he was with called it in bounds. The group I was with just muttered and stared at their shoes. I was the only one willing to say that this dude was OB and I looked like, (and was treated like), an A$$ the rest of the round for just bringing it up, not even enforcing it.

Anyway back to Video's…
I really enjoyed murderMike's memorial coverage last year. I am typically a fan of commentary over music, but it reminds me of skate videos I used to watch when I was a kid trying to get pumped up before a session. I have been watching a lot of different tournament coverage over the last year, and I keep watching that video because it gets me in a mood to throw. I am really hoping he does another one this year.
I know it can be tough to do, but I hope he adds distance to the basket and player on each drive.

There's new technology out that motocross riders and skiers,snowboarders are using to film one another as well as themselves while riding. Essentially a drone, a camera, and some tracking hardware. Check out Mindblow on youtube, #78 I believe. How awesome would tournament footage be if we had cameras tracking the disc from above or next to, or directly behind the entire flight? Rhetorical. It would be very awesome.

Well done video IMO. Very informative, big fan of the hole descriptions/distances/players shot #s.

Falling putt at 35:18 IMO.....I know you can't see the mini, looked like it to me though.

Well done video IMO. Very informative, big fan of the hole descriptions/distances/players shot #s.

Falling putt at 35:18 IMO.....I know you can't see the mini, looked like it to me though.

Looks that way to me too. Doesn't seem like he's leaning or stretching back away from the mini to get clear of the bush. Appears he's set up to make it as short a putt as he can legally make it, which means there's not much chance his hands didn't come down closer to the basket than the rear edge of the marker.

Tough call to make from the angle we're seeing. Unfortunately, an exceptionally rare call to see on the course no matter what angle you have or how egregious the violation.

Good video overall. Thanks for posting it.

Anyway back to Video's…
I really enjoyed murderMike's memorial coverage last year. I am typically a fan of commentary over music, but it reminds me of skate videos I used to watch when I was a kid trying to get pumped up before a session. I have been watching a lot of different tournament coverage over the last year, and I keep watching that video because it gets me in a mood to throw. I am really hoping he does another one this year.
I know it can be tough to do, but I hope he adds distance to the basket and player on each drive.
I know its not the Memorial but I'm assuming you've watched Basket Assassins One?

Plenty of sections with the same format as that Masters video (tourney footage + hip hop).

Latest posts