• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Worlds Videos

I wish the players would dress better for TV. Not better cloth. But dress different. How is a casual viewer supposed to be able to tell the difference between Nate and Uli? Even McBeth and Ricky are dressed way too similar. This should go right into the dress code rules...

your-post-sucks.jpg

Call it dumb, but one of the DGP.TV guys I talked to about two weeks before worlds wants to implement this change so that they can help non-DG viewers identify the players. This would include different-colored shirts, names on bags or caddies' shirts, and a bigger buffer between the players/caddies immediately involved and spectators. If they get their way (and player/PDGA buy-in), it's not unthinkable that at a future USDGC (which is among the most spectator and filming-friendly "championship" courses) could have a more golf style atmosphere to it.

So exactly how many non-DG'ers watch tourneys? I guess I could be wrong but if I didn't play pretty sure I wouldn't care about watching a tournament

Call it dumb, but one of the DGP.TV guys I talked to about two weeks before worlds wants to implement this change so that they can help non-DG viewers identify the players. This would include different-colored shirts, names on bags or caddies' shirts, and a bigger buffer between the players/caddies immediately involved and spectators. If they get their way (and player/PDGA buy-in), it's not unthinkable that at a future USDGC (which is among the most spectator and filming-friendly "championship" courses) could have a more golf style atmosphere to it.

Yuck. If you can't tell that Paul McBeth and Ricky Wysocki are two different people then you don't need to watch a sports broadcast.

Having said that, there was a recent video that featured two look-a-like players and they were both wearing similar shirts. And they weren't big names so it was kind of hard to tell them apart. So I can see where this might gain some steam, for better or worse.

Buffer between players and fans is a must. How in the world does Paul McBeth have to fight through the crowd to get to the tee?

The ending of MPO was something special. ESPN & others do not know what they are missing by not putting the final round or 2 on tv. The drama, the comeback, overtime. The croud running to the next holes to get the best view. I thought it was a scene from a zombie movie.

So great I cried.

That final 9 and playoff were fantastic!! Great shots, clutch putting and no real temper tantrums. The last being enjoyed by me. I don't mind swear a word or two or slamming a disc back in your bag. But when you meltdown it sours the scene. Everyone had some shots they could've blown up at, but all were respectful and professional. :thmbup:

I've never seen such clutch putting. What a final 9. Its kind of too bad that it came down to a tree hit at the end. If it wasn't for that, they might still be playing.

I agree, too bad it was bad shot that lost it instead of a goods hottest win it. Other than that Awesome Super Saturday! :clap:

So exactly how many non-DG'ers watch tourneys? I guess I could be wrong but if I didn't play pretty sure I wouldn't care about watching a tournament
It's not about how many non-DG'ers watch tourneys. It's about how many do we want to watch. It just takes away from the watching experience if you always have to focus on "who is this guy throwing". I don't know any other profeesional sport without uniforms and/or clothing rules.
It could help if we would have some graphics showing the name/score... of the player.

I don't know any other profeesional sport without uniforms and/or clothing rules.
It could help if we would have some graphics showing the name/score... of the player.

??? Ball golf has no uniforms or rules about clothing that assist in the identification of the players. Very few individual sports do.

Disc golf is not to the point with its live coverage where they can afford to have graphics folks "back in the truck" superimpose names, scores, stats, and such on the screen. And, as we are all so impatient to see edited videos of tournaments as soon as they are over, the fine folks who create those videos for us sometimes choose to get them online sooner without the "extras".

Don't see a problem...

I wish McFlySoHigh would include a few extra seconds before and after each shot. Some of the intensity of the moment is lost with his rapid fire approach to showing each shot. Nevertheless, it's still a great video with a few better camera angles compared to DG planet.

I agree, or put up a safe to blink graphic. (lol)

I vaguely remember there potentially being something wrong with Bradley's hand. Perhaps it is a brace, but it may be a bandage.