• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 European Open coverage thread/split from Tournament thread

heartman

* Ace Member *
What type of video coverage are we looking at for this tourney?

SpinTV's there. Supposedly AK Disc Golf? ... maybe? ... and a Finnish live broadcast of some of the final holes of the final round?

Any others that I'm missing? lcgm8 gonna make an apperance?

If anyone has any reliable information about whether this will actually be broadcast for anyone NOT overseas to view. I would appreciate it. I followed the link (http://areena.yle.fi/1-2737768) and then translated it. It says, "The program is not viewable abroad". So will we, or will we NOT be able to watch?

Because I MAY just have to use my VPN to mask where my computer thinks I am coming from to view that.

EuropeanOpen said:
The live TV Broadcast can also be watched online via YLE Areena without country restrictions.
If the Areena link says it's not viewable abroad, it is a mistake by YLE.

So is there going to be full round coverage by someone? Not sure if that got answered or not.

Because I MAY just have to use my VPN to mask where my computer thinks I am coming from to view that.
I would think discussing/promoting Illegal activity would be wrong for these forums and disc golf in general.

I had no problems accessing Areena last year after European Masters (from California, after I returned, for clarity).

The broadcast schedule has been linked (thanks!) - follow that for official info, and obviously the "6:10PM" should be "AM" for PST. Be sure to check out The Insider Show!

Final Round Coverage with Commentary on SpinTV is pending. I am optimistic, but no promises yet.

Really hope you guys manage to get the final round coverage; y'all do a really good job with it, and it would suck to not have a final round. I get that the main focus of SpinTV isn't to provide tourney footage, but it would still be disappointing to have a YouTube channel that puts out great final round videos be at the EO and not get a final round video. Highlights just aren't the same as watching a full round.

I had no problems accessing Areena last year after European Masters (from California, after I returned, for clarity).
Yeah but we're talking about the live thing, which is supposed to be available worldwide for the first time. All disc golf coverages by YLE have been available worldwide post-tournament.

Yeah but we're talking about the live thing, which is supposed to be available worldwide for the first time. All disc golf coverages by YLE have been available worldwide post-tournament.

I watched the YLE coverage live in South Carolina the past two years with no issues.

Really hope you guys manage to get the final round coverage; y'all do a really good job with it, and it would suck to not have a final round. I get that the main focus of SpinTV isn't to provide tourney footage, but it would still be disappointing to have a YouTube channel that puts out great final round videos be at the EO and not get a final round video. Highlights just aren't the same as watching a full round.

What it comes down to in this case is if we can spare someone to film and edit, since the regular guy (me) will be doing the Insider Show.

Hopefully it all works out and nobody is the wiser.

I watched the YLE coverage live in South Carolina the past two years with no issues.

^ This is consistent with what people have told me. Everything should be as it was the last two years, but the bonus everyone gets this year is the Insider Show (have I plugged it enough yet??) :D

I would think discussing/promoting Illegal activity would be wrong for these forums and disc golf in general.

Actually hook_nuts, using a VPN is a very grey area. There is nothing illegal about it. But, you could be breaking the "terms of service". I have looked and researched it in the past because I am a cord cutter and don't have cable. So I have used it for getting around some blackout restrictions for sports teams. I am not saying it falls on the right side of the moral line, but it doesn't fall into the law-breaking line either.

Either way, I hope that it will be shown live. I would like to see the event.

No, I believe he refused to pay for media rights.

that's a damn shame

he should get a waiver/be grandfathered in for being one of THE first ones putting out high quality disc golf tournament coverage

Actually hook_nuts, using a VPN is a very grey area. There is nothing illegal about it. But, you could be breaking the "terms of service". I have looked and researched it in the past because I am a cord cutter and don't have cable. So I have used it for getting around some blackout restrictions for sports teams. I am not saying it falls on the right side of the moral line, but it doesn't fall into the law-breaking line either.

Either way, I hope that it will be shown live. I would like to see the event.
Ya using a VPN is not illegal, but using a VPN to circumvent restrictions to a website is. Do some more research.

Anyone doing coverage of the Pres cup?

So far three interview videos have surface on SpinTV this morning. Not sure if the will try and get some quick footage of the competition and upload immediately.

But I would imagine a recap video will surface quickly with the Hat Disc Golf guy helping Jamie and SpinTV out.

Wow. There's close to 1000 people at the course today watching the Presidents Cup action.

I'll even tease it here. Paul McBeth has already put one on the highlight reel. Watch the Insider Show later!

Latest posts