• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Goals

crusadersounds

Je Me Souviens Never Forget
Every year, we put up a thread so that you can track your progress in the game. For those of you unfamiliar with this thread, basically you pick some tangible, measurable objectives for the year (ie. consistently drive 350', 80% of putts inside of 20' made, 10 new courses, 3 tournaments, etc). Then track your progress through the year. You'll be amazed if you keep this up for 2-3 years how far you will have progressed!

So, let the goal setting commence!:hfive:

Lose 50lbs
^(hopefully this will help >this)Throw over 400' "consistently" on flat ground.
Get an ace(only 1 so far 2 1/2 yrs ago)
Find a job I can tolerate

I did pretty well on my goals last year, but I have some new ones for this year that can push me to play better.

1) Get involved with at least one of my local clubs
2) Take 1st in a tournament (haven't done this since the first n00b tourney I played)
3) Take my time and don't miss gimme putts (I'm going to notate those on my scorecards)
4) 90 courses played by the end of the year (currently at 84)
5) Introduce 2 new players to the sport

See you guys at the end of 2015 to recap the goals!

Well my goals for last year didn't really pan out, but I made a lot of progress. Here's some tangible goals for me this year:

1) Sell-out my Vibram Birdie Bash and make sure everyone has a great time
2) Finish the year with a 920 PDGA rating, minimum
3) Win two tournaments in MA2
4) Organize and run the first Hucking Aces PDGA Sanctioned tournament

1) Finally get my PDGA number
2) Enter in 4-5 tournaments and just have fun!
3) Start the ground work and build towards a Safari Tournament I would like to run in 2016/17.
4) Rework my backhand from the ground up.
5) Learn a forehand roller
6) Work on my fitness to prevent injuries and increas flexibility
7) Have fun and play lots! :)

I would really like to get to 1000 courses played and reviewed by the end of next year, but I'm not sure we can quite make that happen. Ashleigh and I are at 820 right now so we'll have to make a few big trips, hopefully we can fit that in.

I'd also like to play some more tournaments next year, I didn't get to any this year.

Ace Winter Layout #18 at Pier Park (302' downhill between tight Douglas Firs) with a Polecat and/or Zephyr.
Stop buying discs (actually, stop buying anything at all for 2015, except food, drink and personal hygiene items).
Keep having fun.

Ace Winter Layout #18 at Pier Park (302' downhill between tight Douglas Firs) with a Polecat and/or Zephyr.
Stop buying discs (actually, stop buying anything at all for 2015, except food, drink and personal hygiene items).
Keep having fun.

Also, drain 90-95% (18 or 19 out of every 20) from inside 25'.

1. Get several more holes carved out at Bald Eagle - so that I have 18 playable holes for the event in the fall.
2. Get back on my feet. Both of them. Literally. Learn how to throw again on my broken foot and get back to playing as well as I was before injuries.
3. Get back on track for playing 100 new courses a year, so a total of 1260 by the end of 2015 - of course more wouldn't hurt, 1300 would be a cool number to hit.

Finish helping our club install the course that's two minutes from my house.

Run a successful A/B Pool league, so as to introduce more new players to organized competitive disc golf. All the while still keeping it fun.

Continue running our annual free Youth Clinic.

Raise a lot of money and collect a lot of food for our local food pantry during next year's Ice Bowl

Raise a lot of money for the family of a friend, who recently passed away, during his 2nd annual memorial tournament.

Help my friends continue to grow and improve their private course. And win the overall title again there for league/tourney placements.

Play more tournaments. Enter Open in all the local un-sanctioned tourneys.

Hit 450'+ accurately and consistently again after injuring and rehabilitating my back.

Get my putting game back on lock.

Most importantly, continue having fun and enjoying the comradery with friends.

Find, design, and construct a few new holes, in the very gradual process of creating two entirely separate layouts on our course. As we use up the best features and spread to more land, and set (what at least we believe are) high standards, it becomes harder and harder. But we've got some ideas.

My goal is to finish 2015 with a player rating of 960+. I'm currently at 939 with one C-tier coming up before the year is over. I typically play between 6-8 PDGA tournaments a year. I would like to play at least 10-12 in 2015. I've been playing for about ten years now and have only seen significant development in my game the past 3 years or so. I love to battle at PDGA tournaments and want to really get it next year.

My goal is to not have another sub 900 rated round. Add a roller and improve my forehand. Continue to improve on technique, and start hitting 400+ with improved accuracy.

Latest posts