• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Goals

1. Stay healthy
2. Stay healthy
3. Stay healthy (always my top 3 goals)
4. Play at least two new courses out of Iron Hill, Tyler SP, Jordan Creek, Nockamixon, Camp Sankanac, or Walnut Creek.
5. Make time to play regularly during the week.
6. Pick a distance driver or two and then keep the bag consistent.
7. Play at least three tournaments.
8. Improve rating by at least 15 points.

I believe in modest, achievable goals.

I know I already did this somewhere, but I can't remember where.

-Get to a consistent 430-450' BH (at a consistent 410, with the random shot going about 430)
-Win at least 2 Adv tourneys
-Make the jump to Pro
-Cash in one pro event
-Improve rating by 30 points (may be hard, but definitely doable.)
-Develop a solid 300' sidearm/FH

Find, design, and construct a few new holes, in the very gradual process of creating two entirely separate layouts on our course. As we use up the best features and spread to more land, and set (what at least we believe are) high standards, it becomes harder and harder. But we've got some ideas.

What! You're trying to improve one of the most interesting courses anywhere?

1. Drop 50 pounds
2. Play as many local courses as I can
3. Add some distance to my drives
4. Get my putting in check and start making the gimme putts instead of 2nd guessing myself
5. Get my PDGA # and get in as many tournaments as I can

1) Play as many games with my daughter before she goes off to college and get my 8 year old daughter out to play.
2) Shoot par on my local course (average +4 now)
3) Get above 85% from 25' putting (right now at about 72%, If i do this Par'ing my locale course is easy)
4) Consistently drive over 375' accurately.
5) Get an Ace
6) Play at least 5 tournaments
7) Play a course in 4 different states (I live in eastern PA, so NJ, DE, NY and MD shouldn't be to hard)

What! You're trying to improve one of the most interesting courses anywhere?

After 10 years, we can't walk through the woods without seeing new fairways. Plus, our favorite question to be unable to answer is, "When was this course built?"

My only 2 goals are the same as the last 2 years:

1. Play golf

2. Have fun

If I do those two things I'm probably winning even if I'm not scoring well :D Slightly more seriously, I'd love to get back to playing 1 round a week. It's been like 1 round a month at best this year.

Goals
- Spend more time with Family
- Meet more Awesome people
- Go to more shows and at least one festival
- Play more guitar
- Putt lights out
- Win the Chains for Wishes back to back years

- Play more guitar
Want to jam? :D

2015 goals for myself:
-Increase distance and improve form/consistency.
-Learn forehand. My FH is in desperate need of everything.
-Make those long putts.
-Nail those short putts (90% in the circle)
-Play competitively in more events/join the PDGA and get more serious

That's about all I can think of right now. I could go on but these are the main points I want to assess this year. I really want to be able to throw 400' consistently as I currently max out around 350. Forehand is the next big thing since mine is nonexistent and it's an essential skill for DG. Also I want to meet Simon Lizotte :p

2015 Goals

1) Play 7 new courses
2) Make more putts between 20-40 ft. Not going to be tough make more then the handful I made last year.

I actually just wrote some goals down this morning. In order of importance:

Finish the season with a rating over 945+
Win my 1st PDGA sanctioned tournament
Finish in the top 3 in over a third the tournaments I play
Finish in the top 5 for the rest of them
Hit more aces
Shoot -10 for a tournament

I could write down skill goals, but I will need to improve in all areas in order to make the above goals happen.

I'd like to double my amount of courses played. I think if that happens, it will mean that I am out there playing a lot more and all the rest shall follow.

I've also only broken par on 1 course, so I would love to do it somewhere new!

to really perfect my left handed game and play a tournament left handed for the first time.

also to heal my right shoulder to where i can start throwing with it again, might not happen till the end of 2015 but goals must be set.

Im a newbie been playing about two months I'd like to be able to make par with some consistancy at the local courses I play. I'm shooting about +14 right now.

Alright, I posted a blog with my goals. You can be the only person besides myself to read it by following the link in my signature. But if you want the readers digest version.

1. Spend More Time Practicing
2. Play More Tournaments
3. Earn A Rating of at Least 960
4. Earn at Least $500 from Sanctioned Tournaments
5. Never Shoot a Tournament Round Rated Below 900

Latest posts