• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 PDGA Pro Worlds is in Pittsburgh, PA

Would be sweet if we could get a spot at PNC park during a Pirates game to have the pros throw their drives out of the park and into the river.

The only reason Pittsburgh has cups recently is the luck of a ping pong ball falling your way in 2005, but that is for another discussion.

Definitely gonna keep working my game to be able to play in this. I can't wait for Pro Worlds to be closer to me in 2015 than Am Worlds was in 2010!

The OB on 18 will most likely be modified for the event. I would imagine the OB area will be all one color rope that takes everyone to the drop zone. We will have to see what the PDGA makes us modify. We are hoping that John Houck will be the person to review the courses, and suggest the changes for our courses. Though I am sure there are a few things that we will not budge on.

Wow, Thanks Chris, considering the help I've provided already...

Man the more I think about this, the more I'm already getting excited to see the disc golf world descend on the Burgh. :)

Not my decision Chuck. Think Houck was our choice since you have already seen most of the courses. Would be nice to have 2-peoples opinions.

I doubt that Pittsburgh will do another bid for Worlds in the near-future? And no, there will be no am worlds with the pro worlds in Pittsburgh. Too much work for too few people.

If I'm still in the area I will be, and I'll be spreading the word to friends who don't play and think I'm nuts for going out so much and always ask, "Why do you need so many frisbees?"

Chris any chance on having AM Worlds here as well?

The Pittsburgh DG scene strikes me as being more focused on attracting Pro tournament players than Ams. (This isn't meant as a criticism, just an observation.) So it would surprise me to see Am worlds in Pittsburgh in the foreseeable future. I mean, just putting on one worlds seems like a heck of a lot of work.