• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

The only thing I'm jealous of is his bank account. And his body.

the fact that you clowns are arguing about whether or not you want paul mcbeth to win again or not is :wall:

dude throws a 1085 round yesterday and a 1090 round today. dude deserves it playing like that. don't care if he has won 50 world championships in a row.

even more impressive than pauls last two rounds is sarah hokom is sitll tied for lead after getting in a car accident and missing two holes.

the fact that you clowns are arguing about whether or not you want paul mcbeth to win again or not is :wall:

dude throws a 1085 round yesterday and a 1090 round today. dude deserves it playing like that. don't care if he has won 50 world championships in a row.

even more impressive than pauls last two rounds is sarah hokom is sitll tied for lead after getting in a car accident and missing two holes.
Since you joined the argument you are a self proclaimed clown? Most "clowns" just enjoy watching greatness me thinks, one "clown" doesn't want him to win.

Hokoms story is impressive on a different level. Competition isn't the same in the women's game so the lead she had wasn't as impressive, but the fact that she's fighting through the car wreck and playing well is definitely impressive. It's hard to compare the two, I'd put it about equally as impressive.

You silly muppet. Since Paul is playing the best, others are forced to want him to win? Every fan must root for the same player, whoever is best? There is a difference between who some someone thinks will win and who someone wants to win, dude.

Hokom was a mess, crying, and pretty wrecked physically. The co td asked everybody on the top 3 cards whether that wanted to wait, and they all wanted to wait but Cat, which is dispicable. The accidents was very nearly fatal, and all Cat cared about was winning.

Hokom was a mess, crying, and pretty wrecked physically. The co td asked everybody on the top 3 cards whether that wanted to wait, and they all wanted to wait but Cat, which is dispicable. The accidents was very nearly fatal, and all Cat cared about was winning.

Rules is rules. Though I don't *think* I'm that ruthless I can certainly see why she thought play should resume normally.

Not saying you are wrong but I think we should wait for all the details to come out about this one.

Cat was late to Pier Park for one round last year, took the penalties, and still won. However, Cat being late was her own fault because she went to the wrong course. So it's kind of a different situation.

I was there, caddying for somebody on another card, play was held up 15-20 minutes past starting time so we went to investigate.

I think we're again seeing something in our sport that is seen in many individual professional sports around the world (tennis and ball golf come to mind). There will always be a large group that enjoys seeing a dominant stretch of performances from a single player, and will cheer on that player as history is being made (most recently Spieth, and before him, of course there were a lot of folks cheering for Tiger). At the same time, we'll also see a smaller group of very vocal people (read the ESPN golf comments sections below Tiger articles for the hate) that will cheer against the best, and simply hope for upsets, which is also fine. Sport is great, in this way!

I'm a huge McBeth fan, because I appreciate the prep he puts in. I can't say that I've heard Ricky, Will, or others describe their practice routines, but Paul's is pretty hard core, by our sports' young standards. It's fun to see that practice, along with his mental game, make for some pretty amazing shots and rounds. On a final note, I wonder what the message board climate would have been like during Champ's reign? Would we have been split down the middle, hoping for anyone but him to win another championship, or would there have been some excitement to see amazing performances unfold from one of what would become the all-time greats?

^^Reminds me of LeBron not getting the MVP this year. People get tired of such a dominant force that they want a new player to emerge.

If that's really the case on the FPO side its a sad day for the td....delaying the start of the round should not be a decision made by players. Whoever is in charge makes the call. That's pathetic and I hope for cats sake its not true.

The td should enforce the rules instead of holding up the tournament to benefit the leader.

It's true, we waited till 150 when tee off was at 130. I truly hope Sarah wins, Cat just lost any friends that she may have had in the womens division

To be fair, it wasn't just Cat that wanted the round to not be delayed.

I want Hokum to win, but the round should not have been delayed.

First off, awesome post, SirHucksAlot.

The td should enforce the rules instead of holding up the tournament to benefit the leader.

Agree.TD should have started play on time and not made other players make the decision. Thank goodness Hokom was not seriously injured and I hope she wins, but we can't hold court every time someone is late. Though I would not have taken Cat's stance, it's unfair for her to be put in that position.

Does anybody have actual details.....? Names? What was done or said exactly? Or do we just have a Malaysian prime minister approach on this one?

It's true, we waited till 150 when tee off was at 130. I truly hope Sarah wins, Cat just lost any friends that she may have had in the womens division

This is why the td should make the call instead of dumping it on the other players.