• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

mcbeth has at least one blistering hot round in him, long ways to go.

Another way I like to think of it is that Mcbeth has had some less than steller rounds/play so far for his skill level. For the rest of the rounds...Just a few errors from top contenders and another iffy round from Mcbeth and he's within a stroke of the lead

888 is crushing people. The Champ with a 13!

I'm pretty sure he got called for a foot fault on his upshot across the parking lot. First one landed short; second one landed in bounds, a discussion ensued and Climo tossed another one in the parking lot. Finally landed one after all that.

I'm pretty sure he got called for a foot fault on his upshot across the parking lot. First one landed short; second one landed in bounds, a discussion ensued and Climo tossed another one in the parking lot. Finally landed one after all that.

Foot fault gate with Climo. Classic.

You know what would be great.....actually getting to watch the USDGC........

Payback for Stokely at Worlds... :|

Another way I like to think of it is that Mcbeth has had some less than steller rounds/play so far for his skill level. For the rest of the rounds...Just a few errors from top contenders and another iffy round from Mcbeth and he's within a stroke of the lead

He's the only guy in the world that can legitimately be upset with shooting 1039 and 1035 rounds.

I wonder what would happen in the golfing world if the Masters wasn't shown but we got daily wrap-ups instead? :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I wonder what would happen in the golfing world if the Masters wasn't shown but we got daily wrap-ups instead? :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Funny you ask that and use that particular tournament as an example. There was a time when the only part of the Masters tournament that aired on TV was the back nine on Sunday. I think it might have been sometime in the 80s that they even allowed cameras on the front nine at all...again only on Sunday. Then they eventually allowed TV coverage on Saturday and Sunday. It took a long time more before they allowed TV coverage for the first two rounds at all. Even now, Thursday/Friday coverage doesn't start until 3pm Eastern each day. Contrast that to US Open or British Open coverage that basically goes from the first tee times through the end of the day every day.

And it should also be noted that the Masters coverage wasn't limited as a result of a lack of resources...CBS fought tooth and nail every year to expand coverage. They did it just because the Augusta National club wanted it that way.

Have you ever turned on the golf channel during masters? 4 guys on a desk talking 24/7, zero footage. People watch it.

There is too much freaking butt hurt around here. We're going to get 2 days of live coverage and 3 post edited full cards every day. I'm pretty sure that counts as being able to watch

Funny you ask that and use that particular tournament as an example. There was a time when the only part of the Masters tournament that aired on TV was the back nine on Sunday. I think it might have been sometime in the 80s that they even allowed cameras on the front nine at all...again only on Sunday. Then they eventually allowed TV coverage on Saturday and Sunday. It took a long time more before they allowed TV coverage for the first two rounds at all. Even now, Thursday/Friday coverage doesn't start until 3pm Eastern each day. Contrast that to US Open or British Open coverage that basically goes from the first tee times through the end of the day every day.

And it should also be noted that the Masters coverage wasn't limited as a result of a lack of resources...CBS fought tooth and nail every year to expand coverage. They did it just because the Augusta National club wanted it that way.

Interesting. As that was before my time, I didn't know the history.

Have you ever turned on the golf channel during masters? 4 guys on a desk talking 24/7, zero footage. People watch it.

Usually in the context of getting to see the ACTUAL rounds of golf on CBS.

There is too much freaking butt hurt around here. We're going to get 2 days of live coverage and 3 post edited full cards every day. I'm pretty sure that counts as being able to watch

Cool, 2 days live coverage. Awesome. 3 Post Edited Full Cards? I have yet to see anyone put those up yet.

Im sure they would have card reading stations at hole 6, 12 and 17 so we can refresh endlessly waiting for accurate live scoring. :clap:

We're at a weird point in DG history where the audience to watch a big event like USDGC exists, but the money isn't there for those doing the grunt work. So for everyone asking "where's yesterday's footage"...the guys who have it and are editing it are out there filming right now. Or earlier today, as the case may be.

Don't ask me how to fix it, just saying that's how it is.

We're at a weird point in DG history where the audience to watch a big event like USDGC exists, but the money isn't there for those doing the grunt work. So for everyone asking "where's yesterday's footage"...the guys who have it and are editing it are out there filming right now. Or earlier today, as the case may be.

Don't ask me how to fix it, just saying that's how it is.

Um in 2013 we had DGPTV providing live coverage and Marty filming and getting vids up at least the following morning and I think SpinTV did a final round coverage as well. It's a pain to turn around the content like that but it's been done before.

Maybe sink some of that "Pro Tour" money into building a solid media base for your existing market instead of trying to create a new one out of thin air.

Latest posts