• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Am Worlds - Madison, Wi

Invited filled - Age protected filled quick !

Age protected filled very quickly last year. I saw the Friday midnight thing, had my alarm set and everything for that Friday night at 11:00pm (b/c I live in the central time zone). Got up early to go to work Friday morning to find many friends messaging me that I better hurry up and register because it was filling up.

That's when I realized that Friday midnight (aka 12:00am) is really Thursday night -- big oopps! At 6:36 am I actually got the very last spot in MG1

Will Capital Springs, Elver, Hiestand and Vallarta-Ast most likely be the courses used for the Advanced Master Men division?

So is there a website in the works for this event?

I know some of these things have been answered in a couple of threads here, but it would be nice to have some information listed in one spot. Host hotel, registration dates, a general schedule for the week of the tournament, courses that will be used. I'm guessing there will be a lot more information about this even coming out soon.

So is there a website in the works for this event?

I know some of these things have been answered in a couple of threads here, but it would be nice to have some information listed in one spot. Host hotel, registration dates, a general schedule for the week of the tournament, courses that will be used. I'm guessing there will be a lot more information about this even coming out soon.

Did you see this?

http://www.pdga.com/2016amworlds/registration/schedule

http://www.pdga.com/documents/2016-pdga-disc-golf-world-championships

Assistant TD for Worlds (and President of Mad City Disc Golf) here ...

We are currently working with the PDGA on the course schedule, pools / divisions, etc. We're going back and forth a little bit, but should hopefully have a first draft out soon. We're also working on the schedule for other events. The major aspects of the competition schedule will be the same as previous Worlds:
Sat July 9th: Mixed and Junior Doubles
Sun: Field Events and player check-in
Mon: Player check-in and players meeting
Tues - Fri: Competition rounds for all players
Sat July 16th: Semis (18-holes) and Final 9 ... number of players in each depends on the division size ... small divisions won't have semis.

We do plan to use the PDGA's website as the official website, and they/we will also get a Facebook page up and running.

The majority of players will likely play one round at each of the five major courses in the area on Tues-Fri. That would be two 27-hole rounds and three 18-hole rounds. The 27-hole rounds would be a player's only round that day, and there would be one day with two 18s. Ideally, it's 54 holes the first two days, and 54 more the next two after the shuffle. In the end, there may be some divisions that miss a course and play one twice, and/or some that have an imbalanced schedule ... those tweaks are part of what we are working on right now. We're trying to make it smooth, fair, and most importantly, fun.

There are still details to be worked out about ancillary events, the flymart, etc. I don't know if I can publicize the host hotel yet, but I will say the East Towne Mall area will be the best hub for the week's activities.

Elver, Hiestand, Token Creek/27, Capital Springs, and Birds Ruin/27 still the 5 courses? Thanks for the update!

Dorms?

Does anyone know if the University rents out dorm rooms during the summer?

I don't believe they rent dorm rooms to individuals or groups unless it is part of an official university-sponsored summer program or conference.

Oh, found invites. Apparently I've only got an invite for MM1...which sucks. I wanted to play MA1, and had well over 1000 points. Do you need 750 in only MA1 to qualify for it?

I think they put you down for the most age restricted division you could qualify for. You can still play in an unrestricted division. All Am points are the same.

I think they put you down for the most age restricted division you could qualify for. You can still play in an unrestricted division. All Am points are the same.

Yeah, but you can't register for a division you're not invited for at the beginning. There were many people that had multiple invites.

I know I can technically sign up for MA1 after a certain point, but I'm assuming it will be filled by that point.

Yeah, but you can't register for a division you're not invited for at the beginning. There were many people that had multiple invites.

I know I can technically sign up for MA1 after a certain point, but I'm assuming it will be filled by that point.

That seems like a raw deal if that is how it shakes out for you.

Latest posts