• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World Disc Golf Association

Discette

Independent Operator*
Gold level trusted reviewer
Received an email invite to a World Disc Golf Association event to be held at Lake Casitas.

Event Director Contact Form

Message: 2016 Lake Casitas Spring Fling Disc Golf Tournament When: Saturday, April 23rd, 2016 7:30 am to 7pm Where: Lake Casitas Recreation Area, 11311 Santa Ana Rd., Ventura, CA 93001 Email [email protected] for official entry form or visit www.worlddiscgolfassociation.org. Entry fee is $60. Includes 2 rounds of 18, player pack including disc, shirt and mini, door prizes, and dinner. Open, Advanced, Am, Masters, Woman, and Recreation divisions available. Disc Arcade ($20) includes: • $10,000 Ace Run - TWO tries to hit a 312' ace and you can win TEN GRAND! • $2,500 putting contest – make a 100' putt and you can win $2,500! • Party Boat (must be 21) – you get three tries to drink two beers! • 20 Disc Arcade Prize tickets (prizes include baskets, bags, discs and things). Get a FREE ENTRY with our Sponsor A Player program. Your get three sponsors for yourself as a player for charity and you get your entry paid for by the WDGA! You play for free, you help needy kids, you play for free. See tournament entry form for details. Tournament proceeds go to education programs for orphans, foster and homeless youth through Safety Harbor Kids. Safety Harbor Kids also has a disc golf program teaching disadvantaged kids to play the game. Visit www.safetyharborkids.org

The charity they support (started), Safety Harbor Kids, is a very transparent charity. They actually post their income tax returns so you can see exactly where the money goes.

Here is a link to the World Disc Golf Association website: http://worlddiscgolfassociation.org/

I thought this was interesting:
World Disc Golf Association, Disc Golfathon and the US Open Disc Golf Putting Championships are trademarks of the World Disc Golf Association. All rights reserved.

Did someone go and install their silhouette basket wrong? Or have the QC team missed the wrongly drilled pole holes again!

What is going on?

Next year, i would like to announce the inaugural world disc golf association of my house. Address to be confirmed once I've received all your memberships and have upgraded or not.

Probably the disc golf org under the umbrella of the WFDF since the PDGA broke off from them earlier this year?

What does "you get three tries to drink two beers!" even mean?

Just looks like a local outfit with an overly ambitious name, to me.