• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Am Worlds - Madison, Wi

If I've only got the time (and energy) to practice 4 of the 5 courses before the tournament starts, which one should I skip?

Take this with a HUGE grain of salt, because I've only played token creek so far. But afterwards I was pretty sure I could have played it blind for the tournament as I felt like all the holes were pretty simple and my first instinct for the shot was correct. I played the one round there and am not planning on getting back their until tournament day.

Honestly, all the courses are pretty self explanatory on your first run through. I'll be devoting most of my practice time to Elver/Heistand, though.

They're all good courses, but none of them are really great courses, if that makes sense. A bunch of 3.5-4 types.

Thanks for the tips on where to spend most practice time. Is wind normally a factor on Madison courses, and if so which ones? In Charlotte we get wind when a bird flies by or another player breaks it.

Thanks for the tips on where to spend most practice time. Is wind normally a factor on Madison courses, and if so which ones? In Charlotte we get wind when a bird flies by or another player breaks it.

Birds Ruins and Cap Springs get hit by wind the worst. Cap Springs is probably the biggest offender, though. They both also have some pretty heavy rough on the open holes. Hopefully there's plenty of spotters out there.

Honestly, all the courses are pretty self explanatory on your first run through. I'll be devoting most of my practice time to Elver/Heistand, though.

They're all good courses, but none of them are really great courses, if that makes sense. A bunch of 3.5-4 types.

If you haven't played any of them, I would say Birds probably deserves the most practice time.

If you haven't played any of them, I would say Birds probably deserves the most practice time.

I've played them all. Birds isn't all that tough to figure out. A lot of the shots (after the first four) are pretty wide open. That's not to say they're easy, of course. I do look forward to the new holes, as well.
Elver has a decent amount of shot shaping, I felt.

Take this with a HUGE grain of salt, because I've only played token creek so far. But afterwards I was pretty sure I could have played it blind for the tournament as I felt like all the holes were pretty simple and my first instinct for the shot was correct. I played the one round there and am not planning on getting back their until tournament day.

Thanks. As it happens, Token's the only course in the Madison area I've ever played.

Any type of "caddie guides" being put together? Really like what Ledgestone put together for their event. Anything other than the jpeg maps and hole info from DGCR?

So we are only 2 1/2 weeks out if I'm doing my math right. No facebook page or web page dedicated to this event?

So we are only 2 1/2 weeks out if I'm doing my math right. No facebook page or web page dedicated to this event?

The TD mentioned on smashboxx last week that they were getting some web stuff together, but I haven't seen anything yet.

I played all of the courses yesterday/today except Birds Ruin, playing it tomorrow then flying home. The courses look great, recently mowed/cut/trimmed for Mad City Open, guessing even more work will go into them. Madison is a great city, nice people, women have great legs, haha. The Crowne Plaza is a turd but in a central location. I found a great deal at Cambria Suites (5045 East Park Blvd, $89/night for a really nice king bedroom, separate sitting room with a couch/pullout, lots of amenities.

Gotta go to The Old Fashioned Restaurant downtown, the fried cheese curds are insane.

Can someone point me towards other Madison course/tourney videos? There's a few on the course listings here but it seems like more should be out there. What are some tourney names other then Mad City to search for?

2016 PDGA Amateur and Junior Disc Golf World Championships

The Am and Junior World Championships will be held in Madison, WI and will be Directed by Mike Batka #20983 with the support of the Madison Area Disc Club (link is external) and hosted by the Madison Area Sports Commission (link is external). Mike has a history of putting on great events, just as Madison has a reputation for being one of the premier recreation outlets across the country. Hometown of 3X Pro Worlds Champion Barry Schultz #6840, it's clear that Madison is of a top-level disc golf pedigree. The 2016 Am Worlds will be held in mid-July of next year.

Guess you do not know your history Barry was from Sheboygan also lived in Milwaukee but HE IS NOT FROM MADISON My only ? is why post something that is wrong and can be found out so easy

Played Birds Ruins yesterday. The rough is getting crazy long. I would imagine Cap Springs is pretty gnarly, too. Hopefully there's an army of spotters out there.

Hi Ron,
Mark Hauser here. I am playing MG1 and my traveling partner Kim Holmes from Australia is MS1. We also have only one car (me driving as they drive on other side of road). It sounds like we can work something out. We are staying at the Super 8 Sun Prairie which is close to Best Western East. (805) 895-6940 is my cell #. We are arriving on July 4th, we can also hook up for some practice rounds.

Guess you do not know your history Barry was from Sheboygan also lived in Milwaukee but HE IS NOT FROM MADISON My only ? is why post something that is wrong and can be found out so easy

I cut and pasted the info from the PDGA page when it was initially announced as an FYI to those players interested in 2016 Worlds. Sorry they got some details wrong and I passed it along. As far as why I didn't check - I had to reason to. Point was the announcement regarding the 2016 site, didn't expect someone to be offended with it over a year later.

I played all of the courses yesterday/today except Birds Ruin, playing it tomorrow then flying home. The courses look great, recently mowed/cut/trimmed for Mad City Open, guessing even more work will go into them. Madison is a great city, nice people, women have great legs, haha. The Crowne Plaza is a turd but in a central location. I found a great deal at Cambria Suites (5045 East Park Blvd, $89/night for a really nice king bedroom, separate sitting room with a couch/pullout, lots of amenities.

Gotta go to The Old Fashioned Restaurant downtown, the fried cheese curds are insane.

Is that you Austin?

All of this is absolutely spot on.