• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green April 22-24 Bowling Green, KY

Any word on pack discs yet?...:popcorn:

I feel like by now we should have a lot more info. Seems like in years past a lot more was already released, but its probably just my excitement getting the better of me, lol. I'm also super excited to see what all the changes have in store.

HB, can you say what the layout for Chalybeate will be for the Rec pool? I went and played there for the first time this weekend and noticed there are 27 holes.

Wohoo! Room booked @ the Ramada... Now just sitting at the door like a dog waiting for the 20th to get here

Per Twitter

HB Clark ‏@PDGA553 4 hours ago
@BowlingGreenAMs Player ratings hav been updated, players shifted ad notified as needed, and invites off wait list sent out!

I'm getting do excited. Our crew is rolling out Friday the 14th. Getting so close. I can't wait to get on the road and get down there and practice our courses, probably play some new ones, and also have time to check out some other stuff in the area. Any new info on side events or anything anyone may have heard through the grapevine? Also interested in what the players packs have in store.

The HUCKERREPORT is the official media partner of the event - they will be on site doing interviews and coverage of all pre events as well as the tournament.

I will announce the players pack as the manufactures let me know (and tell me to announce) . . . . Challybeate is the origional 18 holes only . . . . I will post side events as he course sponsors let me know the details . . .

Ah! I hope the first time anybody gets to see it is as they walk up to the tee for the final 9... how awesome of a competition would that be, everybody playing blind..

I think that would be pretty cool as well but something tells me that would piss off the top players expecting to make the final 9... That and the fact that wah bah has always been open the week prior

I expect to make the final 9 and I think it would be awesome.

There's a few low profile events that I can think of, ice bowls/temp courses/ace races, that have very limited time to practice/walk the course before hand. But I've never heard of an event where all the competitors have never seen the course, like the baskets are placed on sunday morning, and the course is monitored that no players can step foot onto the course until tee time...

Ah! I hope the first time anybody gets to see it is as they walk up to the tee for the final 9... how awesome of a competition would that be, everybody playing blind..

Well good news is for Advanced, its like 3 hours of other divisions going off first...plenty of time to offer to caddy and view the course.

I am guessing the smaller divisions will not have a final nine. I haven't yet found that list or note. Thoughts?
Thanks, Ron

Well good news is for Advanced, its like 3 hours of other divisions going off first...plenty of time to offer to caddy and view the course.

No man, there will be a check in for all competitors and they will not be able to cross a certain point until it's their turn to tee off...

Realize this is all just a pipe dream, I'm sure it might be similar to whabahs, where there might be single round tourneys held during the week before, and plenty of time to practice the course in prep for the final nine, but it's fun to think what if...

I am guessing the smaller divisions will not have a final nine. I haven't yet found that list or note. Thoughts?
Thanks, Ron

Hey Ron! The description of the final 9 course in the spring Discgolfer magazine says "The 3850 feet par 31 course will be played by top 4 plus ties in all divisions with over 8 players."

I'll be your spotter. :D

Thanks, Ron

All divisions usually have a final nine, the smaller divisions just don't have as many competitors in the final nine. For example MA1 usually has 8 or 9 tops scores and all ties. FA1 usually has 3 in the final nine.

Latest posts