• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green April 22-24 Bowling Green, KY

The final 9 course will not be set up until Sunday morning during the 4th round. It is on a active ball golf course so trying to play before Sunday is a BAD idea for safety. The final 9 players should have time to walk the course prior to their tee off . . . that said it is fairly open so no tricky lines or sneak routs. The map will be posted soon (soon as I get it measured properly) and will be in the program.

Played a few of the courses this weekend. There is a mostly dry creek bed along some of the holes at Preston Miller. Is that usually OB during the tourney? Also, at Hobson, will we be playing the 3 extra holes near hole 14?

Looking at my program from last year. The creek is "OB surrounded by water", but the last two years it was dry, iirc.

Yep usually played as Surrounded by water. I don't believe they have used more than 18 holes at Hobson in the past, they usually have the extras roped/taped/or otherwise covered so they are clearly not in use.

Getting closer guys and gals. We are heading down on the 15th, lol. Going to be getting in a lot of practice leading up to this on this year. I'm getting super excited, and can't wait for it to get here.

Hobson usually has Hole 12 closed and uses the extra hole between 13 and 14 instead.

Just checked the Hobson course page, it does say to skip holes 12, 13b, and 13c in AM events. Also played the Tech college course this weekend. Man that course is tough! The rough is so thick you can barely see a few ft in.

Hobson usually has Hole 12 closed and uses the extra hole between 13 and 14 instead.

13A is used. 12, 13B, and 13C are not used.

Just checked the Hobson course page, it does say to skip holes 12, 13b, and 13c in AM events. Also played the Tech college course this weekend. Man that course is tough! The rough is so thick you can barely see a few ft in.

And this is a few years of hard work by locals to clean it up. Now at least the fairways are fair, even though the rough is still very punishing. Imagine how it was when it was first put in! lol

13A is used. 12, 13B, and 13C are not used.

And this is a few years of hard work by locals to clean it up. Now at least the fairways are fair, even though the rough is still very punishing. Imagine how it was when it was first put in! lol

By fairways, do you mean the 10 to 15 ft path that snakes for 350 ft? :D

I don't know if it has been asked or if the info is somewhere, I have been checking. Are there two sets of tees as Basil Griffin and if so which divisions are playing which tees? I've only played there once and I must have played the short tees.

I don't know if it has been asked or if the info is somewhere, I have been checking. Are there two sets of tees as Basil Griffin and if so which divisions are playing which tees? I've only played there once and I must have played the short tees.

One set of tees. some holes have some "pro" pads but they are never used.

Yea there are several extra pads at basil. During the tourney they are easy to see since the tees being used usually have a sponsor sign.

You mean when the cut trees from the fairways were just pushed into the edge of the rough? Yeah that sucked and that's the main reason I quit playing there when I lived in BG. Haven't been there in a year or two. Will have to play it again when I'm back visiting family later in the year.

12 days until departure!!

Eleven days here. So stoked. I don't know that we will make it down to TN though. I kind of went over our days and practice rounds and will be practicing each day. I will be doing the HB Clark Challenge at Kereiakas and the DD C-Tier at Hobson on Wednesday. Was trying to see about the doubles at the tech but I might have to scratch that and just get in some more practice. I want to do well this year for sure.

You mean when the cut trees from the fairways were just pushed into the edge of the rough? Yeah that sucked and that's the main reason I quit playing there when I lived in BG. Haven't been there in a year or two. Will have to play it again when I'm back visiting family later in the year.

There were still quite a few ceders that have been broken down from snow/wind. I was wondering if they would be cleared up before the tourney.

DG players pack disc

DGA has stepped it up this year - custom stamped first flight SAIL!

The Sail is a controllable distance driver that has understable characteristics and is great for all levels of play. Those with slower arm speeds will quickly make this their go-to distance driver, while players with faster arm speeds will have fun launching this disc into huge anhyzers and turn over shots. The Sail produces effortless glide, allowing players greater distance and control. Looking for a disc to get max distance in tough wooded situations that require touch and finesse? The Sail will prevail.

This speed 11 driver will be available in weights from the low 150's to mid 170's making it a great choice for a wide range of players.

The Sail in ProLine plastic will be very tacky and provide superior grip in any weather condition. It will reach its intended flight characteristics earlier than when produced in SP Plastic. This ProLine Sail is ideal for beginners who are looking to throw maximum distance.

Attachments

• bg 2016 DGA disc.JPG
    bg 2016 DGA disc.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 26
What!? My blue hurricane collection isn't going to grow bigger this year, sad days ahead.

Anybody want to buy like 4 hurricanes? :D