• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mc_Beth_Jesus.gif

Anyone know what the orange driver is that Sexton keeps throwing sidearm? He threw it off the tee on holes 3,4 & 5. It doesn't look like one of his pearly Champion Orcs, seems like Star plastic.

This is the kind of information I would love to hear on the broadcast. Grab those dudes before the round and take some notes of what's in their bag, then disseminate the info.

Matty O having an unfortunate round so far.Drives are looking good but after that he's lacking.

This is the kind of information I would love to hear on the broadcast. Grab those dudes before the round and take some notes of what's in their bag, then disseminate the info.

JV or Terry must be listening cause he's said the name of each disc on 8...Just tuned in so can't comment on previous 7 holes, but historically Terry has done pretty good with calling the disc.

Is it just me, or does is seem like Paul has this wrapped up already?

I don't think so. You still have about half of this round left and the round on Saturday. Plus six guys are within 4 strokes of Paul. I think it's going to be a fun round tomorrow.

Plus the selfish side of me wants to see a final round with three or four guys tied for the lead.

JV or Terry must be listening cause he's said the name of each disc on 8...Just tuned in so can't comment on previous 7 holes, but historically Terry has done pretty good with calling the disc.

Nice. My ability to listen has been in and out, so I give them the benefit of the doubt. But I am glad they are giving the people what they want to hear.

This round is taking awhile. I just went on a 40 minute run and they played two and a half holes.

I'm sorry, but what's up with Philo's molasses speed. Is he like that every tournament?

I'm sorry, but what's up with Philo's molasses speed. Is he like that every tournament?

Came on to post the same thing. I timed him on tee 12 just now. From the first step on to the tee (after Sexton threw) to release was a minute and 17 seconds. More than twice the allowed time. No distractions except those of his own making, such as spending the first 30 seconds on the tee without a disc in his hand.

Even after going to his bag and selecting a disc, it was still another 40 seconds before release. Ridiculous.

JohnE Mcray will be something one day too ;) As an older guy, I'm rooting for him. But Paul is so hard to beat if he is in the lead group in the final round. I loved the ending last year, so I hope someone steps up like Jeremy did.

Came on to post the same thing. I timed him on tee 12 just now. From the first step on to the tee (after Sexton threw) to release was a minute and 17 seconds. More than twice the allowed time. No distractions except those of his own making, such as spending the first 30 seconds on the tee without a disc in his hand.

Even after going to his bag and selecting a disc, it was still another 40 seconds before release. Ridiculous.

What blows my mind, although I can't say I'm that surprised, is the sheer quantity of people on the boards who are defending him for it, saying that the 30 second rule shouldn't be enforced. I think that is total BS

Another 57 second throw on the next tee. It's this kind of stuff that causes backups in tournaments. Sure today he's on the final card with no one following, but 98% of the time such slow play has ripple effects on the whole field. There's no excuse for it. If the clock was kept and called more often, he'd find a way to speed up.

Honestly, I would be more forgiving if it was 28-32 seconds each time, but there's no reason for taking 45 seconds, let alone a minute or more for a tee shot.

Last edited:
Another 57 second throw on the next tee. It's this kind of stuff that causes backups in tournaments. Sure today he's on the final card with no one following, but 98% of the time such slow play has ripple effects on the whole field. There's no excuse for it. If the clock was kept and called more often, he'd find a way to speed up.

He should have a good idea of the disc he's going to throw and the line he's going to take before he even gets to the tee. It's not like the basket is a moving freaking target!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts