• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for speedy play, but its not like they weren't gonna hit a 2 or 3 group backup on the next tee. That course is an absolute joke.

Well, one has to wonder if everything might have moved smoothly if 30 seconds was better enforced all the way around. Philo is hardly the only player who is routinely deliberate with every shot.

Though to be fair, the fact that the course is in a public park with a lot of non-golf traffic doesn't help pace of play either. Even when guys are honestly trying to play at a good pace within the clock, they've got safety concerns slowing things down too.

Yea there are walkers/bikers all over these courses. Also, with the amount of players they have in the field teeing off in waves every 10min, if one group has a bad hole that tee will most likely be jammed up all day. And there are several holes on each of these courses where that can happen. It seemed that it was particularly bad today.

Last edited:
Yea there are walkers/bikers all over these courses. Also, with the amount of players they have in the field teeing off in waves every 10min, if one group has a bad hole that tee will most likely be jammed up all day. And there are several holes on each of these courses where that can happen. It seemed that it was particularly bad today.

My group had to wait all over the place, and sometimes for a considerable amount of time and I was 6-7 cards ahead of the lead group. It was a long agonizing round (and I played terribly after a good start).

GCR with a strong showing so far...

It's going pretty well on the course right now, with only a small handful of badly executed shots or bad decisions per round. Today has been a challenge though because I believe I must have gotten good poisoning at the players party last night and have been feeling exceptionally terrible all day. If I don't have this partially kicked by tomorrow it'll be another very long round for me.

Oh no I niced him...:doh:

Well kinda I guess 982 is still pretty good...

Well, one has to wonder if everything might have moved smoothly if 30 seconds was better enforced all the way around. Philo is hardly the only player who is routinely deliberate with every shot.

Though to be fair, the fact that the course is in a public park with a lot of non-golf traffic doesn't help pace of play either. Even when guys are honestly trying to play at a good pace within the clock, they've got safety concerns slowing things down too.

Time not being called is the biggest bugaboo hurting the game today IMO. It affects everybody yet everybody likes to get bent out of shape over jump-putts and walking putts instead. 'Tis lame.

Oh no I niced him...:doh:

Well kinda I guess 982 is still pretty good...

The 982 was a good stretch of holes that gave me a tiny bit of cushion against a much longer rough feeling stretch. And I had my most memorable tournament drive ever in front of a bunch of touring pros too which was great.

It felt more like a 900 round than 982, but that was the mental part of it.

The 982 was a good stretch of holes that gave me a tiny bit of cushion against a much longer rough feeling stretch. And I had my most memorable tournament drive ever in front of a bunch of touring pros too which was great.
It's a long shot, but was it you that made that great skip off OB shot on hole 12 in front of the lead card?

Edit: The reason I ask, is that I was watching the lead card and someone had an unbelievable shot on hole 12. McBeth, Philo, and Sexton were going nuts. It was a cool moment.

Last edited:
And you were fighting off food poisoning? Last place I'd want to be is waiting on every tee for a 4 hour tourney round, in that heat. Bravo man. Good shooting. Gl tomorrow

My favourite shot of the tourney so far:

d599acc.gif

It's a long shot, but was it you that made that great skip off OB shot on hole 12 in front of the lead card?

Edit: The reason I ask, is that I was watching the lead card and someone had an unbelievable shot on hole 12. McBeth, Philo, and Sexton were going nuts. It was a cool moment.

My brother did say on Facebook, "Just had the luckiest shot of my life. Putting for 2 on hole 12" - so possibly.

That was an incredibly lucky skip on a terrible shot. My buddy filmed it so I'll have to upload it for you to check out. Unfortunately it was also my worst moment on the green all week. 3 putted from inside 25' :(, when I haven't missed more than 3 other 20-25' putts all week.
The great shot was a 610-40' standstill roller on hole 6 that gave me a very short upshot for birdie 3 in front of doss, Jerm, brinster, Gibson, and more.

With live coverage of only one card I can't stand watching it. Too much down time.

I hope we get some condensed coverage at some point on youtube. I wish CCDG, Jomez, etc.... was involved. I appreciate what Smashboxx does for the game, but this is brutal for me.

I always let it buffer for an hour or so and keep the keyboard in hand and press the right arrow to skip ahead 5 seconds at a time between shots. Smooth sailing and non stop action. ;)

Is there any coverage of any round of any card that isnt 3 hours long??

Takes a while to edit video. Im sure we will see a condensed version of final round for sure but all depends on who/what/$...

Using the --> Key to fast forward during delays or whatever makes these rounds go quick. Also can combine with 1.5x speed.

Anyone one else catch McBeth's FB post?
Seems a truck nearly crashed into the house they are staying at in the middle of the night.
Instead, looks like it hit Barela's truck which he said is what saved it from ending up in the house.
His quote:
"Craziness going on �� Luckily everyone was alright. @a_barela11 truck saved the house and us from waking up with a truck in our bedrooms @frisbeenate @tommytwoputts This should make for an interesting final round at the ‪#‎2016memorial‬"

Status
Not open for further replies.